Latest Anime you watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got around to watching the last episode of FMA Brotherhood. They gave the series a very satisfying conclusion that wrapped everything up, but left just enough open that you knew there was still adventure to be had. I hate to compare and make it a vs thing, especially since both were good, but Brotherhood was vastly superior to the original FMA. Overall I was glad I watched it and didn't just look at it as FMA cleaned up. Brotherhood especially started to shine when it branched off where the manga and original anime started to differ.

Tatami Galaxy. Love the opening song and the mix of black-and-white with color art in the opening sequence. I don't like Ozu's character design but like everyone else's, particularly the main character--an Expy for Mr. Despair.

One Piece 459
The suspense is killing me. I want to see the War at Marineford animated so badly.:csad:

I just Finished watching Ouran High School Host Club and I'm going to watch Dai Mahou Touge Omake again. I can't seem to get tired of vegetable Suicide.

Azumanga Daioh #19 - Aww, sweet bonding between Chiyo and Kagura. :atp:

Same as a few above, One Piece. Very eager to see the Whitebeard vs World Government fight animated. The manga of that fight was epic.

Also One Piece movie 10: Strong World. I really liked it, but was disappointed in the main villains personality. Pre movie he was built up as this badass who fought Roger, and the only person ever to escape Impel Downs (by cutting off his own feet no less). He was powerful, but a bit too colorful and not serious enough for his age or standing (IMO).

So far I have watched the first 100 episodes of One Piece in the space of 2 and 1/2 weeks and loving it, plus the first 4 movies.

Romeo X Juliet. I didn't love it, as the characters didn't interest me, but it is beautifully drawn so I may give it another look. Ditto Mononoke, sorta (the TV series, not the film).

I've just gotten most of the One Piece DVDs available and am looking forward to giving that another try.

Does anyone know when .hack/Quantum gets released in the U.S.? I'm so glad they're going with the beautiful .hack handdrawn look instead of the CG of the Trilogy.

So far I have watched the first 100 episodes of One Piece in the space of 2 and 1/2 weeks and loving it, plus the first 4 movies.

Yeah, One Piece is my current favorite anime. Where an anime like DBZ can push back story to focus on the fighting, or where others try to delve too deep and make meaning in a story where there is none and end up with a jumbled melodramatic mess, One Piece keeps it's focus and balance. It's about adventure pure and simple. The story and fighting both have their place and are well done, but it's that sense of the Straw Hat crew seeking adventure, and...well it's going to sound corny if I keep saying things like that lol. The good thing is that it keeps getting better and better. Where a lot of animes and mangas start out strong and run out of stamina over time, One Piece is 500+ manga's strong (and only half way over) and still getting better.

I'd recommend the series to anyone that likes animes in that action adventure vein. The only thing I won't recommend is the US dubs. I heard they redid them so I can't speak on the newer ones. However the older ones were among the worst bad dub offenders I've seen.

Like actually drawing over Sanji's cigarettes with lollipops, and then making it part of his personality that he's a candy freak. Editing out Crocodile's cigar and making it look like he just likes to have a huge ass teeth baring grin for no reason. Or cutting out a huge ass party showing what a fun loving guy Shanks is, and instead ending the episode with him staring Mihawk down like a villain. Stuff like that, plus the voice cast was awful, and the dialogue was butchered. It's actually what put me off of One Piece at first thinking it was a bad show, it wasn't until I saw ppl liking it on here that I gave it another chance and ended up loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"