Latest Anime you watched?

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by XwolverineX, Mar 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fading ---

Finally got around to watching the last episode of FMA Brotherhood. They gave the series a very satisfying conclusion that wrapped everything up, but left just enough open that you knew there was still adventure to be had. I hate to compare and make it a vs thing, especially since both were good, but Brotherhood was vastly superior to the original FMA. Overall I was glad I watched it and didn't just look at it as FMA cleaned up. Brotherhood especially started to shine when it branched off where the manga and original anime started to differ.

2. childeroland Registered

Tatami Galaxy. Love the opening song and the mix of black-and-white with color art in the opening sequence. I don't like Ozu's character design but like everyone else's, particularly the main character--an Expy for Mr. Despair.

3. Dandy Man Registered

One Piece 459
    The suspense is killing me. I want to see the War at Marineford animated so badly.:csad:

4. Milu Batterson J. Manford III

Azumanga Daioh #17-18

5. shinra_27 Registered

I just Finished watching Ouran High School Host Club and I'm going to watch Dai Mahou Touge Omake again. I can't seem to get tired of vegetable Suicide.

6. Milu Batterson J. Manford III

7. Milu Batterson J. Manford III

Azumanga Daioh #19 - Aww, sweet bonding between Chiyo and Kagura. :atp:

8. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

One Piece, just started watching.

9. Milu Batterson J. Manford III

Lucky Star #21

10. NorsePrincess Registered

11. Dandy Man Registered

One Piece Movie 4: Dead End Adventure

12. MoPlaYa Crazy Guy

Ninja Scroll

13. BigSams50 Knight of Ren

Dragonball Z

14. Dandy Man Registered

One Piece: Entire "Thriller BarK" Arc
    One Piece 460

15. Dandy Man Registered

Edit Double Post

#3615 Dandy Man, Aug 5, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  16. Dandy Man Registered

Edit: Triple Post

17. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

18. BigSams50 Knight of Ren

DBZ Buu Saga

19. Fading ---

Same as a few above, One Piece. Very eager to see the Whitebeard vs World Government fight animated. The manga of that fight was epic.

Also One Piece movie 10: Strong World. I really liked it, but was disappointed in the main villains personality. Pre movie he was built up as this badass who fought Roger, and the only person ever to escape Impel Downs (by cutting off his own feet no less). He was powerful, but a bit too colorful and not serious enough for his age or standing (IMO).

20. Avangarde Avan a Good Time

So far I have watched the first 100 episodes of One Piece in the space of 2 and 1/2 weeks and loving it, plus the first 4 movies.

21. childeroland Registered

Romeo X Juliet. I didn't love it, as the characters didn't interest me, but it is beautifully drawn so I may give it another look. Ditto Mononoke, sorta (the TV series, not the film).

I've just gotten most of the One Piece DVDs available and am looking forward to giving that another try.

Does anyone know when .hack/Quantum gets released in the U.S.? I'm so glad they're going with the beautiful .hack handdrawn look instead of the CG of the Trilogy.

22. katie_girl09 All kinds of smexy.

Anyone watch Case Closed? Now that is awesome.

23. Fading ---

Yeah, One Piece is my current favorite anime. Where an anime like DBZ can push back story to focus on the fighting, or where others try to delve too deep and make meaning in a story where there is none and end up with a jumbled melodramatic mess, One Piece keeps it's focus and balance. It's about adventure pure and simple. The story and fighting both have their place and are well done, but it's that sense of the Straw Hat crew seeking adventure, and...well it's going to sound corny if I keep saying things like that lol. The good thing is that it keeps getting better and better. Where a lot of animes and mangas start out strong and run out of stamina over time, One Piece is 500+ manga's strong (and only half way over) and still getting better.

I'd recommend the series to anyone that likes animes in that action adventure vein. The only thing I won't recommend is the US dubs. I heard they redid them so I can't speak on the newer ones. However the older ones were among the worst bad dub offenders I've seen.

Like actually drawing over Sanji's cigarettes with lollipops, and then making it part of his personality that he's a candy freak. Editing out Crocodile's cigar and making it look like he just likes to have a huge ass teeth baring grin for no reason. Or cutting out a huge ass party showing what a fun loving guy Shanks is, and instead ending the episode with him staring Mihawk down like a villain. Stuff like that, plus the voice cast was awful, and the dialogue was butchered. It's actually what put me off of One Piece at first thinking it was a bad show, it wasn't until I saw ppl liking it on here that I gave it another chance and ended up loving it.

24. Milu Batterson J. Manford III

K-On! Season 2, Ep. 11

25. NightBeetle Turbo Justice!!!!

Dragon Ball Z Kai

High School of the Dead Episode 5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.