Legacy of the wolven

Dark Sentinel

Superhero
Reaction score
Ok, so I couldn't find a better place to put this, and I didn't want to keep bugging everyone on the Batboards, so I figured this is as good a place as any to post.

I've been a SHH member since '05, and for that same amount of time I've been working on my debut novel, the first in an epic fantasy trilogy. Finally, I'm able to put it on sale as an ebook through Barnes & Noble, and I'm really excited about it! A lot of the members here are up-and-coming filmmakers, some have started websites (Anjow1060 and DaCrissaMan to name a few) and I wanted to let everyone know about what I'm doing as well.

I've already started promoting the book on YouTube, just look up TheMavonduriTrilogy to watch an exclusive teaser trailer for the book. I also have a synopsis up there and even part one of a video interview series I've been doing. I also have the teaser trailer in my sig if anyone wants to give that a quick look-see.

Thanks guys! I hope you all enjoy it!

How does an ebook work? Are you expecting good sales?

With the technology we have nowadays, you can buy an ebook on an iPhone, iPod touch, and/or Android. Theres an app you can buy on the AppStore or Marketplace (depending on what kind of smartphone you have). But there are also ebook readers you can buy (Nook and Kindle are the best ones out there). All you do is click "purchase" and it's downloaded directly to your device.

Immortal, right now, it's all about promotion. The book isn't coming out till January, so I've got plenty of time to hype it up. I'm hoping for good sales, but since I'm self-publishing it through Barnes & Noble, that all falls on me. Which is why I'm trying like hell to get the word out.

Hope that was helpful.

Another slight bump. Again, just trying to get the word out!

Ah ok. Just watched the trailer.

If this does 25,000 downloads in one year...is that good?

I am not big on ebooks myself. I like having something tangible when I am reading a novel.

Congrats on writing that novel though! I am more oriented toward writing scripts, but I love getting something done. Plus, you're officially a published author. That's awesome :up:

I scrapped my original idea for a novel and am trying to think of another one I could write.

I had an idea for a novel, but I have since converted it to Screenplay and then TV show in outlining. However, I may go back to novel.

I admire the fact that you were able to finish it. So many people don't. Congratulations and I hope you see some good sales.

I admire the fact that you were able to finish it. So many people don't. Congratulations and I hope you see some good sales.

Thanks katie, me too. I'm really aiming for a teen/young adult demographic with this. It's pretty gory in some parts but there's also a lot of "in-universe" historical references which will appeal to hardcore fantasy nerds like myself.

Spider-Fan, I TOTALLY understand your point, and I'm of the same opinion. But ebooks are gaining popularity, and this would be a great way to get some publishers' attention if it does well, which I'm hoping it does. I SO can't wait for the day when I see my book being sold in stores, it'll just blow my mind! But keep an open mind dude. The great thing about this is that, if it blows up, and you bought the ebook version, you can say that you were "there" (so to speak) when it all started!

Immortal: if I do 25,000 downloads in a year, that might get some of the big publishers' attention, so yeah that'd be great!

Chaseter, keep writing man!

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback, I've got a lot more coming over the next month and a half!! It's going to be :awesome:

So, right now I'm filming part 2 of this video interview series I'm doing for my book leading up to the release in January..as part of it I'm taking questions that people want to ask about the book, so if anyone's interested in what they've seen so far, take a look at the videos and submit questions in the comment box on either the teaser trailer for the book or part 1 of the video interview.

Thanks guys!

If your selling it as a e book do you still need a agent? and what percentage of each sale do you get?

All the best to you, i hope it does well.

Edit-I tryed watching your trailer, says you removed it.

BA- I still get royalties, and no, since I'm self-publishing it through Barnes & Noble I don't need an agent. I don't want to go into the specifics of what percentage I get, but I can say that it's a good chunk of it.

And about the trailer, I deleted the original version and replaced it with a 720p version. It's in my sig now so check it out! Thanks for the well-wishes!

Just watched your trailer, sounds interesting. Personally not something i would read (but thats just me) but theres a heck of alot of people who love fantasy novels, You just need to keep spreading the word.

How do you get it on Barnes and Noble, does someone have to proof read it then get back to you to say if they'll put it on the site? Also do you have to pay anything to put it on their site, sorry for the questions just really interesting.

Just watched your trailer, sounds interesting. Personally not something i would read (but thats just me) but theres a heck of alot of people who love fantasy novels, You just need to keep spreading the word.

How do you get it on Barnes and Noble, does someone have to proof read it then get back to you to say if they'll put it on the site? Also do you have to pay anything to put it on their site, sorry for the questions just really interesting.

All good BA, I'm glad you find it interesting. My dad actually pointed me to a site Barnes & Noble just started last month called PubIt.com

It's free to publish your books for the Nook, Nook App, etc. You only get charged if someone returns the book and, obviously, they take a percentage of the sales since they're the ones publishing it. All in all, it's a pretty damn good deal.

Pretty good, and a good way for undiscovered writers to be discovered.

BA- I still get royalties, and no, since I'm self-publishing it through Barnes & Noble I don't need an agent. I don't want to go into the specifics of what percentage I get, but I can say that it's a good chunk of it.

And about the trailer, I deleted the original version and replaced it with a 720p version. It's in my sig now so check it out! Thanks for the well-wishes!

I actually had a question about that. What are the legalities of using music and graphics in a trailer like that? I'm working on a story myself, and when I finally get publishing with it, I'd like to use some music in the trailer.

I actually had a question about that. What are the legalities of using music and graphics in a trailer like that? I'm working on a story myself, and when I finally get publishing with it, I'd like to use some music in the trailer.

As long as the music is credited in the video description you should be fine.

The graphics I made myself :woot:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"