Legacy of the wolven

Has anyone taken a look at the book yet? It'd be great to hear some responses.

Btw if you can't get it on the Nook, MATHION will be released to both Smashwords and Kindle March 25

Epic bump. Just a bit of news, I'll be doing a local "ebook tour" soon for some high schools in my area.

Hey hows it going with the book. How are initial sales?

I wrote a quite a few short stories a while ago, never did anything like this. I'll be honest it's not really my thing (i'm not really into Lord of the rings and thats how i imagine this being, While its a massive scope and the work you've put into it seem's huge, it's never been for me)

I'm sure if you could get word of this to the millions of LOTR fans it could be big.

Hope its going well for you.

Well I'm releasing the book on Smashwords today, and I've been sneaking into the Hobbit thread to get their attention (I feel kind of like a spammer though) but things have been going well. I'm very excited that Tolkien fans are excited, but not many people have the Nook so it's kind of hard to reach them. Hopefully Smashwords will change that. They also seem excited about the *possibility* of John Howe doing the cover art once the book is properly published.

Dark,

Yeah, I saw it, but my big limit is that I don't own a nook, really. Epub is the way to go for Ebooks for me, BTW, and I'm sure a good chunk of people. If you can get that sorted out, I will seriously look into buying it within a month or two (I have so many books I need to finish now) and give ya feedback.

Well feel free to check it out..it's now OFFICIALLY available on Smashwords!! :woot:

Just look up "Mathion" in the search bar, and you can preview the first 20% of the book for free

Last edited:
Dark,

Finally got it on other formats, nice. I will check it out soon as I get paid, and give me a little bit of reading time.

This is really how other company's should charge for their books, I mean full price for a hardcover? That's just... ******ed. At any rate, kudo's to the price as well!

thanks alistair..the hardcover WILL be more once it's properly published, but that's because I have about 3 appendices to include in Mathion. This is only the Standard Edition so to speak.

Wow barely 12 hours on Smashwords and already sales! Guess you can't really beat a $2.99 price tag haha..feel free to let me know via this thread if you get a copy and what you think of it! Harsh criticisms accepted, so hold nothing back

For those who haven't noticed, I've added the Smashwords link into my sig so you can find the book easier. It's really cheap now, but you can preview about 20% of the book for free. Don't be afraid to criticize! That's how these boards work after all :cwink:

Anybody taken a gander at the book yet? You can read te first 20% of it on Smashwords, take a look and PM me what you think. Thanks guys!

MATHION's first review is in! here's a snippet:
Shane Porteous said:
What most fantasy readers' desire in a book is both tradition and originality. Mathion accomplishes both of these desires in spades.

Read the rest at Barnes & Noble

You need to get word out there for it, join as many LOTR forums as you can, sure some will see it as spamming but other people will be grateful to at least have a chance to read this (i mean your letting them read the first 20% to hook them in)

I'm not sure if you have Games workshop in the USA, but thats retty big in the Uk and could be a avenue worth exploring (the forums to get it noticed).

All you really need is a chunk of people to love it and spread the word.

The amount of work you've put into this and dedication (i looked it up on FB but can't seem to find the page now) i have no doubt i'll see you signing books at some local bookstore in the future. :)

Yeah, I've already joined the Tolkien forums, I'm looking at a few others

Epic bump. Read, review, bash, praise, critique, etc. to your hearts content. Coming to Kindle 3.25.2011

Question: Did you blow up the moon, as they say? Also, did you build your world as you wrote, or before hand?

Question: Did you blow up the moon, as they say? Also, did you build your world as you wrote, or before hand?

Dude GOOD QUESTION:up: (don't quite get the first part though). I did in fact design the setting and backstory for about 3 years prior to writing the book. But as I wrote more about it, it grew very naturally. By the time I got around to writing Mathion I had about 22,000+ years of backstory to draw from, it's insane.

As far as blowing up the moon though, I like the moon too much to do that :awesome:

Dude GOOD QUESTION:up: (don't quite get the first part though). I did in fact design the setting and backstory for about 3 years prior to writing the book. But as I wrote more about it, it grew very naturally. By the time I got around to writing Mathion I had about 22,000+ years of backstory to draw from, it's insane.

As far as blowing up the moon though, I like the moon too much to do that :awesome:

BUTM is a phrase I use for those instances where an author builds a fantasy world, only to have their first story, trilogy or what have you involve an apocalyptic scenario that destroys a good chunk of the world or changes it in some fundamental way.

BUTM is a phrase I use for those instances where an author builds a fantasy world, only to have their first story, trilogy or what have you involve an apocalyptic scenario that destroys a good chunk of the world or changes it in some fundamental way.

In that case, I WILL say that it is partly a fictional basis for the Atlantis myth.

Also, continuity-wise this is actually the LAST tale in this particular universe. I have more than enough backstory and history to keep writing in this universe if I want to.

2nd review up at barnes & noble..didn't even know about it till a couple hours ago! Haha :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"