Legendary Pictures & Thomas Tull Think Superman Sequel

Discussion in 'Superman Sequels' started by Showtime, Jun 18, 2007.

1. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

i think its because of the balance. the balance between the story,humor,acting,main actor and of course action.

2. solidsnake86

solidsnake86 Well-Known Member

I can see why some of you may not have liked transformers but was the cartoon ever that deep to begin with. I thought it was great for what it was, if you go back and watch the cartoons they were just as dumb. On the Iron man side of things they should have nailed that movie, they had the blueprint of STM and Batman begins, made it a bit more accessible, and coupled it with the first outing for the character. If you go back and watch the movie, it was nothing earth shattering in terms of what it brought to the genre. Just for successfully doing what works is what has gotten such a great response. The sequel will be the true test.

3. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

I'm glad someone else saw that point. I kept waiting for that thing in the movie where I would say "Why didn't the comic writers ever think of that?" It was a totally play it safe kind of movie. A damn good one, not to take anything away from Downey's and Co.

The test will be in how they reimagine the Mandarin.

4. stargazer

stargazer wanderer

Yes, I totally agree. It didn't take any chances or tried to be really original or artistic, like SR. I enjoyed the Iron Man movie, but it didn't surprise or blow me away like SR did (not because of the earth-shattering action, but for the emotion, imagery and awesome subtext, plus Brandon in the role was just perfect for me).

5. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

why would it take a chance? why in f... gods name would they take a chance with a 150 milion movie? it pleased the comic fans and it pleased the general public. it made a profit.

everyone is happy. comic fan is happy and Joe is happy.

6. TheComicbookKid

TheComicbookKid Swing n Miss

They should be. Adapting all that material isn't any easier than being a non-direct translation.

It's just the artist in me. I could be a Jack Kirby clone, but what have i accomplished at the end of the day. Nothing. What would the Batman Franchise have looked like in Dini and Timm had decided to alter the way we look at Batman's villains? Like I said, we'll see how good they are when they make a new Mandarin for the sequel. Assuming that's who they use.

7. Showtime

Showtime Your Friend In Time

I'll definately give it another shot, many times I watch movies I liked again and I find I like them less and movies I thought I didn't like, I like a little more.

8. I SEE SPIDEY

I SEE SPIDEY Well-Known Member

^Hey Showime.:)

9. Showtime

Hey Spidey.

10. I SEE SPIDEY

^Getting nervous about our bet?

11. Showtime

That The Incredible Hulk will make more domestically than the The Hulk, not at all sister.

12. I SEE SPIDEY

^Enjoy that Tom Welling avatar.:oldrazz: