Let Freedom® Ring

ampersand said:
I'm not the one talking **** about America.

so... are you "actually going out and doing something with your beliefs?"

ampersand said:
I'm not the one talking **** about America.

I thought talking **** about America was correct under what I like to call the First Amendment.:confused:

Darthphere said:
I thought talking **** about America was correct under what I like to call the First Amendment.:confused:

I never said there was anything wrong with it, but I think it's extremely hypocritical the way so many people complain of how corrupt the US is and yet they live here and don't do anything about it. I'm not lying to myself.

Lackey said:
your beliefs

you do have beliefs, don't you?

Beliefs is a very general word. If you are talking politics, I can't say I am because I haven't learned enough to FORM beliefs.

ampersand said:
I never said there was anything wrong with it, but I think it's extremely hypocritical the way so many people complain of how corrupt the US is and yet they live here and don't do anything about it. I'm not lying to myself.

Then youre doing somehting about it? I ask what can we do other than ***** about stuff? Protest? like that works. Sign Petitions? Like that works. The only thing we can actually do is start a revolution and damn it im too lazy.:up:

Darthphere said:
Then youre doing somehting about it? I ask what can we do other than ***** about stuff? Protest? like that works. Sign Petitions? Like that works. The only thing we can actually do is start a revolution and damn it im too lazy.:up:

I don't know what to believe because I just don't know enough yet to be able to form a viable oppinion. So no, I am not "doing something about it".

As for your other points, stop *****ing and moaning about something you aren't willing to try and do something about.

ampersand said:
Beliefs is a very general word. If you are talking politics, I can't say I am because I haven't learned enough to FORM beliefs.

yes, beliefs is a general word... which would make it an easy question to answer since you got a wide range of beliefs to choose from, not just political.

oh, and by the way, if you haven't learned enough...that's your own fault. So go and learn.

Lackey said:
yes, beliefs is a general word... which would make it an easy question to answer since you got a wide range of beliefs to choose from, not just political.

In that case, yes I am doing something with my beliefs. I live my life by them.

ampersand said:
In that case, yes I am doing something with my beliefs. I live my life by them.

as does just about every person

ampersand said:
This is going nowhere:rolleyes:

of course it's going nowhere, because it started with this: "Are any of you actually going out and doing something with your beliefs?"

Now go figure out your own political beliefs before you criticize someone elses. :)

Lackey said:
of course it's going nowhere, because it started with this: "Are any of you actually going out and doing something with your beliefs?"

Now go figure out your own political beliefs before you criticize someone elses. :)

And yet, I never criticized anyone's beliefs. You took half of my statement and twisted the words around. Good job:up:

ampersand said:
And yet, I never criticized anyone's beliefs. You took half of my statement and twisted the words around. Good job:up:

no, these are your own words...

Besides that...
the whole tone of your questions and statements in this thread has been one of criticism... anyone can see it.

ampersand said:
I have a question. Tons of people on this and other boards talk a big game when it comes to trashing Bush and America in general. Are any of you actually going out and doing something with your beliefs?

Ever heard of voting? :)

jag

Lackey said:
Besides that...
the whole tone of your questions and statements in this thread has been one of criticism... anyone can see it.

I am not criticizing their beliefs, just their actions. I don't care what you believe but don't say one thing and do another. Either get up and do something about it or sit down and shut up.

I would love for any naive, cardboard sign-toting morons to show me exactly how our evil gov't. can be stopped.

The only possibility is violent revolution (which is what our nation was FOUNDED on), but our blind desire for "security" has put all of the power in the hands of the corrupt. Now revolution is an impossibility.

So b**** b**** b**** is the only option left to either side. Enjoy. Die. Blahblahblah, repeat.

ampersand said:
I don't know what to believe because I just don't know enough yet to be able to form a viable oppinion. So no, I am not "doing something about it".

As for your other points, stop *****ing and moaning about something you aren't willing to try and do something about.

My points clearly showed things that are being done about it, yet nothing has changed. Are you choosing to believe we just sit here on our asses all day and whine, because youre wrong, dead wrong.

jaguarr said:
Ever heard of voting? :)

jag

Do you really think voting is the only way to change the way the government is run?

Plus, most of America DOESN'T vote.

Wilhelm-Scream said:
I would love for any naive, cardboard sign-toting morons to show me exactly how our evil gov't. can be stopped.

The only possibility is violent revolution (which is what our nation was FOUNDED on), but our blind desire for "security" has put all of the power in the hands of the corrupt. Now revolution is an impossibility.

So b**** b**** b**** is the only option left to either side. Enjoy. Die. Blahblahblah, repeat.

Exactly.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"