Let Freedom® Ring

ampersand said:
Either get up and do something about it or sit down and shut up.

that's your belief, not necessarily theirs.

and you haven't even formed your own political beliefs. So why don't you act on your own beliefs and educate yourself and then "do something about it."

ampersand said:
Do you really think voting is the only way to change the way the government is run?

Plus, most of America DOESN'T vote.

Then go out and do something about it.:up:

Darthphere said:
My points clearly showed things that are being done about it, yet nothing has changed. Are you choosing to believe we just sit here on our asses all day and whine, because youre wrong, dead wrong.

Okay, what are you doing about it? That was my question in the first place anyway.

ampersand said:
Do you really think voting is the only way to change the way the government is run?

Plus, most of America DOESN'T vote.

Did I SAY voting was the only way to change things? No. I didn't. Don't ASSume things. Your life will be much richer for it. :)

jag

ampersand said:
Okay, what are you doing about it? That was my question in the first place anyway.

I just stated them in my other post.:confused:

jaguarr said:
Did I SAY voting was the only way to change things? No. I didn't. Don't ASSume things. Your life will be much richer for it. :)

jag

And yet you did the exact same thing as I did:rolleyes:

Darthphere said:
I just stated them in my other post.:confused:

Which you finished by saying that you've given up. So you aren't doing anything.

jaguarr said:

jag

because when you assume, you make an ass of Ume, the poorest little boy in Ethiopia :(

ampersand said:
Which you finished by saying that you've given up. So you aren't doing anything.

Clearly a joke, I guess being judgemental blinds you to humor.

I gotta ask you a question: How does *****ing about people who ***** about America any different? You clearly should do somethign about it.

Darthphere said:
Clearly a joke, I guess being judgemental blinds you to humor.

If it was a joke, then what are you actually doing. You claime to have already said what but now you tell me it was a joke. :confused:

Darthphere said:
I gotta ask you a question: How does *****ing about people who ***** about America any different? You clearly should do somethign about it.

I am, I'm telling them they are wrong.

ampersand said:
And yet you did the exact same thing as I did:rolleyes:

I'm not the one making insipid circular arguments that go nowhere. You are. You asked what *I* am doing to help make a difference. I indicated that I vote by asking you if you had ever heard of the practice of voting. Nowhere did I say that it was the only way to change things, nor did I assume anything else about you or your posts. I simply answered your question, and you responded with a snideness that was neither invited nor warranted by my initial response fueled by the assumptions you read into my post all on your own. You misinterpreted what I wrote to suit your own agenda rather than taking it at face value, which is where I meant it to be taken. In other words, LEARN TO READ.

jag

ampersand said:
If it was a joke, then what are you actually doing. You claime to have already said what but now you tell me it was a joke. :confused:

That part of my post was a joke. The rest is true. I attend rally's whenever they come up around here, and sign any petitions I need to. And I vote. I think im doign everything I can do.

Lackey said:
because when you assume, you make an ass of Ume, the poorest little boy in Ethiopia :(

Poor, poor Ume. :(

jag

ampersand said:

How is that different from us saying what Bush is doing wrong. Clearly a double standard exists, since youre not doing anything about it.

jaguarr said:
I'm not the one making insipid circular arguments that go nowhere. You are. You asked what *I* am doing to help make a difference. I indicated that I vote by asking you if you had ever heard of the practice of voting. Nowhere did I say that it was the only way to change things, nor did I assume anything else about you or your posts. I simply answered your question, and you responded with a snideness that was neither invited nor warranted by my initial response fueled by the assumptions you read into my post all on your own. You misinterpreted what I wrote to suit your own agenda rather than taking it at face value, which is where I meant it to be taken. In other words, LEARN TO READ.

jag

Your post was clearly sarcastic and I responded in kind.

Darthphere said:
That part of my post was a joke. The rest is true. I attend rally's whenever they come up around here, and sign any petitions I need to. And I vote. I think im doign everything I can do.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place?

ampersand, if you whine about being fat and poor, personally...while you sit munching on pork rinds and watching Comedy Central all day? Then yeah, f*** that and " get up and do something about it or ****". In a case where individual change is possible, I totally agree.

Bush S.T.O.L.E. both elections. There was no majority of Americans that wanted him as a leader. Furthermore, the decision to invade Iraq was made years before Bush even TOOK office. Furthermore, before going to Iraq, an unprecedented totally historic event occurred. Thanks to the internet and the outrage over the (seeming) insanity and stupidity and pure evil of the notion of invading IRAQ ( ?!? :confused: ) after NINE-ELEVEN?...
the world's first and largest GLOBAL protest was held...MILLIONS of people all over the WORLD...all came together in unity to chant their slogans and wave their signs, No blood for oil", "no war in Iraq"....

Um, they. don't. give. a. f***. They will do exactly what they want to do.
America has already been shown to run by war-criminals and Bush and his administration have already been proven to be liars a thousand times.

Colin Powell's cheif of staff already admitted that the WMD's in Iraq was all BS and that they were pressured by Cheney to "justify" an invasion.

NO ONE CARES. And there's nothing you can do to pull 100 million people's heads out of their asses.

Also, don't f***ing tell me what I can and can't say.

ampersand said:
Your post was clearly sarcastic and I responded in kind.

It was clearly answering your question. I'm glad you found a way to twist it to suit your agenda, though. Congratulations on doing nothing to motivate anyone to do anything about the things you clearly have a political agenda about but probably frustrating people enought that, were this a live and face to face debate, they probably would have beat your ass by now. :up:

jag

Darthphere said:
How is that different from us saying what Bush is doing wrong. Clearly a double standard exists, since youre not doing anything about it.

You aren't telling bush he is wrong, you're telling us that bush is wrong. Where as I am telling you that you are wrong.

I'm going to South East Asia next summer with a grant from the National Film Board of Canada to document sub-contracted garment factories with direct ties to Canadian and American companies. That's what I'm doing about my beliefs. Oh, I've also held several short film festivals in Toronto to raise money and awareness for the crisis in Sudan that's being perpetuated by Canadian energy companies (among others) and am currently compiling research for a documentary short on that subject.

Incase the "what are you doing?" comment was originaly directed at me.

ampersand said:
You aren't telling bush he is wrong, you're telling us that bush is wrong. Where as I am telling you that you are wrong.

ampersand said:

:rolleyes:

Cho Chang said:
I'm going to South East Asia next summer with a grant from the National Film Board of Canada to document sub-contracted garment factories with direct ties to Canadian and American companies. That's what I'm doing about my beliefs. Oh, I've also held several short film festivals in Toronto to raise money and awareness for the crisis in Sudan that's being perpetuated by Canadian energy companies (among others) and am currently compiling research for a documentary short on that subject.

Incase the "what are you doing?" comment was originaly directed at me.

That is respectable:up:

Wilhelm-Scream said:
ampersand, if you whine about being fat and poor, personally...while you sit munching on pork rinds and watching Comedy Central all day? Then yeah, f*** that and " get up and do something about it or ****". In a case where individual change is possible, I totally agree.

Bush S.T.O.L.E. both elections. There was no majority of Americans that wanted him as a leader. Furthermore, the decision to invade Iraq was made years before Bush even TOOK office. Furthermore, before going to Iraq, an unprecedented totally historic event occurred. Thanks to the internet and the outrage over the (seeming) insanity and stupidity and pure evil of the notion of invading IRAQ ( ?!? :confused: ) after NINE-ELEVEN?...
the world's first and largest GLOBAL protest was held...MILLIONS of people all over the WORLD...all came together in unity to chant their slogans and wave their signs, No blood for oil", "no war in Iraq"....

Um, they. don't. give. a. f***. They will do exactly what they want to do.
America has already been shown to run by war-criminals and Bush and his administration have already been proven to be liars a thousand times.

Colin Powell's cheif of staff already admitted that the WMD's in Iraq was all BS and that they were pressured by Cheney to "justify" an invasion.

NO ONE CARES. And there's nothing you can do to pull 100 million people's heads out of their asses.

Also, don't f***ing tell me what I can and can't say.

OWNED! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"