Let Freedom® Ring

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by Cho Chang, Apr 15, 2006.

1. ampersand Registered

If you are giving up and saying there is nothing you can do about it, then you are being very hypocritical. That is all I am saying.

2. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

So with that logic, the Japanese should never had surrendered in WWII and allowed the US to nuke the whole country. Are you beginning to see how flawed your logic is?

3. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

enlighten me. What can you do about it?

4. Lackey Registered

How would you know...you don't even know enough about politics to form your own belief. You're not exactly the person who should be making criticisms like that.

5. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

So your only point in this whole thread is to come in here and just tell everyone that they're hypocrites? That's it? Way to change the world. :up: (Since your sarcasm detector seems to be broken, let me be clear that THAT was sarcasm.)

jag

6. Cho Chang Registered

Lackey, Sarah Silverman is so hot. "When God gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS."

7. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

Am I the only one that gets misty-eyed when thinking of her giving her body to that Kimmel fellow? :(

8. ampersand Registered

You know what, I'm going to give in. I don't even know what is right anymore.

I'm still not going to sit on a message board complaining about the US, but I don't know what there is to do about it.

Everyone, you all made very valid points, thank you:up:

...i think I may be one of the only people to ever do that on a message board...

9. Lackey Registered

I agree :D

It's a bigger atrocity than Bush stealing the election. :(

10. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

:eek:
    TRULY
    My respect for you just shot up.

You're one of the....8 or 9 to have ever done it.

:eek::up:

11. Cho Chang Registered

It's tragic.

12. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Let me tell you something about discussions on internet message boards, particularly where it comes to politics; they have value. Why, you ask? Because knowledge is power. The discussing and sharing of opinions and information about our government and our leaders means that the propaganda machines are disempowered. It means that more people can have access to more complete information to make up their own minds about what is right or not with what is going on in our country. The more people that wake up from their complacency or apathy and realize that things aren't right increases the likelihood that things will change when it comes to voting. When it comes to social and political activism. When it comes to what people do with their charity dollars and so on and so on. Revolutions are not started, nor are they won, with guns and bombs. They are won with words and with knowledge.

Now tell me what we do has no value.

jag

13. ampersand Registered

Well, I came in all heated and talking smack about something I don't have nearly enough experience in life to truly understand. I'm only 17.

14. ampersand Registered

Uh... I just gave in? I'm no longer judging you or telling you your wrong, I was just saying that I personally am not going to talk politics on a message board.

15. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I'm saying that you shouldn't "give in", necessarily. I'm saying that it has value to talk politics on the internet. And with your friends and family, for that matter. Knowledge is power, after all. Just be willing to listen to people when they interact with you and not read too much of your OWN perceptions into what they say, like you did with me a page or so ago. Look at it as an opportunity to learn and exchange ideas. Some of those ideas are far-fetched or even crackpot such as the idea of Reptilians controlling everything (sorry, SumOfGod), and some have value and warrant discussion and sharing of information such as the recent thread about Colin Powell coming out and saying what he has about how our administration justified going into Iraq. If we all clam up and keep our heads in the sand, then absolutely nothing will change at all without a doubt.

jag

16. ampersand Registered

I do believe that there is opportunity on this board to have serious discussion, but most threads fail to offer both sides of the coin (particularly on this topic). Words and Statistics can easily be twisted to fit almost any position which has been demonstrated quite a few times on this board.

17. Cho Chang Registered

Tell that to the 45 billion people who've lost their lives in the Iraq war.

18. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Ahhh, but the discussion still happens and the revolution moves slowly forward because of it. Part of waking up, for most people, involves learning to discern the facts from the lies for themselves. At least the information is out there on the 'net, and is infinitely more complete than what the news or the papers or our government's official word is on most topics. :up:

jag

19. ampersand Registered

Guys, I am not trying to argue with you on this. I'm just saying that I am not going to talk politics on this board for the very reason you said, jaguarr, because I need to leard to discern the facts from the lies for myself.

20. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Without the exchange of ideas and the ability to ask questions, how will you be able to do that, though? :)

jag

21. ampersand Registered

Reading. Read all the politics threads, read all the articles on politics I can find. Read, read, read. It's how you learn.

22. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

It's part of how you learn. The other part comes from interaction and asking lots of questions. Ask. Ask. Ask. :)

jag

23. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Knowing is half the battle.

24. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

And now you know. GOOOOO JOE!

jag

25. Blade_fan1911 Registered