• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Let Freedom® Ring

jaguarr said:
It's part of how you learn. The other part comes from interaction and asking lots of questions. Ask. Ask. Ask. :)

jag

Can we kill the preachy-ness? You're coming off as very condescending.

ampersand said:
Can we kill the preachy-ness? You're coming off as very condescending.

It's not intentional, but point taken.

jag

Cho Chang said:
I like how most of us in North America can tell you who Britney Spears' husband is but don't know anything about the genocide being commited in Sudan (among other things). Thanks CNN.

And some of us are working on changing that.

ampersand said:
I never said there was anything wrong with it, but I think it's extremely hypocritical the way so many people complain of how corrupt the US is and yet they live here and don't do anything about it. I'm not lying to myself.
The idea that you should put up or shut up doesn't apply to things like this, because complaining is doing something. Clamming up affects things negatively because it doesn't encourage improvement, and can even encourage worsening the political situation. Talking about and/or complaining about America is a way to spread a message and sentiment for improvement.

Calvin said:
The idea that you should put up or shut up doesn't apply to things like this, because complaining is doing something. Clamming up affects things negatively because it doesn't encourage improvement, and can even encourage worsening the political situation. Talking about and/or complaining about America is a way to spread a message and sentiment for improvement.

I don't know if you read the whole thread, but I admitted that I was wrong.

ampersand said:
I don't know if you read the whole thread, but I admitted that I was wrong.
I didn't. And good. But it's always fun to rub it in anyway. :up:

Calvin said:
I didn't. And good. But it's always fun to rub it in anyway. :up:

Rub in that I was wrong? Ehh, It doesn't bother me. It's happened before and it will happen again...

ampersand said:
Rub in that I was wrong? Ehh, It doesn't bother me. It's happened before and it will happen again...
And I'll be right there to correct you after you've already admitted it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• Lily Adler
    🔥🍨Getting hot scoops🍨🔥 (she/her)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"