• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Endgame Lets Talk Avengers 4 and what we know #Spoilers?

Since we can spoil I'm going to do so. Beware!!!!!!

Does anyone get the feeling the Russos don't know what to do with the Hulk? He is great for most of the movie but once again he does NOTHING action wise. I don't recall them showing Hulk swing a single punch in the last fight. In fact I don't think he hits anything at all (please correct me if I'm wrong). The only time he is shown in the final fight is when he is posing with I think it's Antman and War Machine. I was hoping he would get to go at Thanos again but obviously he isn't seen as important as the top three.

Since we can spoil I'm going to do so. Beware!!!!!!

Does anyone get the feeling the Russos don't know what to do with the Hulk? He is great for most of the movie but once again he does NOTHING action wise. I don't recall them showing Hulk swing a single punch in the last fight. In fact I don't think he hits anything at all (please correct me if I'm wrong). The only time he is shown in the final fight is when he is posing with I think it's Antman and War Machine. I was hoping he would get to go at Thanos again but obviously he isn't seen as important as the top three.

Thanks for that.. That’s all I wanted to know..

Just so I'm sure, spoilers are ok here, correct?

You know, regarding the time jump being questionable in Far From Home... I really hope this isn't Sony yet again messing with the timeline the same way they did in Homecoming.

But, that was just a title card. This would be a whole 'nother level of ignorant.

wow last fight must just pure fanservice! power levels all over the place but who cares! although i cringed a bit when okoye one shot corvus

Everyone is talking about how Carol is clearly tier one in the movie. But, damn, Wanda was close to killing Thanos alone before she got interrupted. Yeah, she's a glass cannon, but I'm glad we got to see he do that.

I liked how the cannons all turn to start shooting at her. She was deemed more of a threat then the entire earth army combined. I know some people won't like that as they're portraying her as way too strong but to me it was pretty bad ass.

Yep, no tags necessary!

Thanks.

WTF did they do to Thor in this? Has the character become that much of a joke they just thought it was a good idea to turn him into some fat slob? And what's the point of having the two characters that people care the least about fighting over who's going to kill themselves for the Soul Stone? Captain Marvel has again shown to be a nothing character in the space of two months. You would think having her learn to be a team player would be a great character building tool, but nope, she just disappears for 95% of the movie and shows up at the end. Hulk is just, well, I don't even know what to say about that mess. Falcon becoming the new Cap, I mean, seriously? It's been established for half a dozen movies Winter Soldier is basically his brother and yet Falcon gets the shield? And don't get me started on the time travel. Even if time travel is an unwieldy plot device you have to make rules that make some type of sense. I can't get over how much of a backward step this film is. Sorry, for the rant.

Last edited:
Hi,

Just finished watching the movie and in the mood to talk about it. I gave a very brief review in the review forum but I want to talk spoilers. It's safe to do so here without spoiler tags I assume?
Okay, details on the 1970s scenes. What goes down exactly between Tony and Howard (and Steve and Peggy) then. Also, details on Cap's decision to stay in the past at the end? Is any explanation given for why he stays there (trapped), choice, etc?

Thanks.

WTF did they do to Thor in this? Has the character become that much of a joke they just thought it was a good idea to turn him into some fat slob? And what's the point of having the two characters that people care the least about fighting over who's going to kill themselves for the Soul Stone? Captain Marvel has again shown to be a nothing character in the space of two months. You would think having her learn to be a team player would be a great character building tool, but nope, she just disappears for 95% of the movie and shows up at the end. Hulk is just, well, I don't even know what to say about that mess. Falcon becoming the new Cap, I mean, seriously? It's been established for half a dozen movies Winter Soldier is basically his brother and yet Falcon gets the shield? And don't get me started on the time travel. Even if time travel is an unwieldy plot device you have to makes rules that makes some type of sense. I can't get over how much of a backward step this film is. Sorry, for the rant.

So just to clarify Hulk does nothing again in this movie ? And now they have turned Thor to comic relief like they did Hulk in infinity war ? I’m just trying to get clarification before I watch this thing on Thursday so I don’t get my expectations up . If so oh well thank you for clarifying.. I will still watch this and quickly go home to watch the Gotham finale to get the bad memory of it out, and then move on to my most anticipated movie Godzilla..

So just to clarify Hulk does nothing again in this movie ? And now they have turned Thor to comic relief like they did Hulk in infinity war ? I’m just trying to get clarification before I watch this thing on Thursday so I don’t get my expectations up . If so oh well thank you for clarifying.. I will still watch this and quickly go home to watch the Gotham finale to get the bad memory of it out, and then move on to my most anticipated movie Godzilla..

Hulk was just flat out weird. It's like he didn't even really need to be there.

I am quite ecstatic about the movie and expected a similar sentiment from the majority of fans...
Curious now what the consensus on here will be.
For what is worth, I found every character beat earned and I say that as someone who absolutely did not get what they expected or wished for.

Thanks.

WTF did they do to Thor in this? Has the character become that much of a joke they just thought it was a good idea to turn him into some fat slob? And what's the point of having the two characters that people care the least about fighting over who's going to kill themselves for the Soul Stone? Captain Marvel has again shown to be a nothing character in the space of two months. You would think having her learn to be a team player would be a great character building tool, but nope, she just disappears for 95% of the movie and shows up at the end. Hulk is just, well, I don't even know what to say about that mess. Falcon becoming the new Cap, I mean, seriously? It's been established for half a dozen movies Winter Soldier is basically his brother and yet Falcon gets the shield? And don't get me started on the time travel. Even if time travel is an unwieldy plot device you have to make rules that make some type of sense. I can't get over how much of a backward step this film is. Sorry, for the rant.

I was fine with the Thor arc when I was under the assumption that they would go back 5 years and restore things. It was a very interesting choice to leave things as is. I feel Chris Hemsworth has put too much of his own personality into the character, Thor isn't meant to be jokey or a buffoon (right?). Despite that I think they did an amazing job with him in the final battle, especially with his appearance. He looked like a bad ass viking god.

I get them wanting to make Thor lighter, but the joke wore pretty thin for me. This is part of my problem with the film. There was no build up to the finale. In any normal circumstance Thor would have cleaned himself up, gotten back into shape, and rebuilt himself for the climax. Except none of that happened, he just summoned lightning and was still his overweight self. Part of my problem with this film is that the climax just kinda happens. All of a suddens armies come from everywhere and start battling each other.

Just be glad that Thor and Hulk are both still alive. That means we're more than likely getting more development with them in the future, along with their own inevitable conclusions that would likely be more emotional.

Okay, details on the 1970s scenes. What goes down exactly between Tony and Howard (and Steve and Peggy) then. Also, details on Cap's decision to stay in the past at the end? Is any explanation given for why he stays there (trapped), choice, etc?

Long story short they go to the 70's to retrieve the space stone after failing to get it during the battle of New York. They could have left that section out of the movie and it wouldn't have made a difference. The only purpose it seems to serve is for Stan Lee's cameo, to remind audiences who Peggy Carter is and for Tony to have a chat with his father. I will say that I thought it was awesome that they used the same actor who played Jarvis on the Agent Carter t.v show. Nice touch.

Cap chooses to stay in the past with Peggy. He chooses to live the rest of his life with her.

I get them wanting to make Thor lighter, but the joke wore pretty thin for me. This is part of my problem with the film. There was no build up to the finale. In any normal circumstance Thor would have cleaned himself up, gotten back into shape, and rebuilt himself for the climax. Except none of that happened, he just summoned lightning and was still his overweight self. Part of my problem with this film is that the climax just kinda happens. All of a suddens armies come from everywhere and start battling each other.

Seems like the series is missing Joss Wheedon. Not that his last effort was the best, but for me it was far better than IW and sounds like( for Hulk fans at least) better than this movie as well. I guess Hulk Fans will always have Avengers 1 and Thor Fans will always have Ragnorok and IW.. At least Stark and Cap got good solid endings.

From everything that I have heard so far from those that have seen the film, it seems like there are both A LOT of plot holes and inconsistencies in the film.

- Present Nebula killing her past version should have killed her as well.

- Loki having escaped capture with the Tesseract would screw up the timeline in a major way.

- The Ancient one should not even know who Dr. Strange is upon being told about him by Prof Hulk.

Also, not pleased to hear that we do not get to see important development shown on screen like how Bruce was able to find balance within himself to create the Prof Hulk persona.

And it feels like Captain Marvel was a very late addition to the story because she just leaves the story upon the conclusion of the opening act and does not come back until the end.

And why is it so hard for the Russos to be consistent with people's powers? So Wanda has to fight for her life when taking on the children of Thanos but nearly kills him on her own?

How is it even possible that Thor using both stormbreaker and his hammer gets defeated by Thanos but Cap is able to hold his own with the hammer?

I can already picture all of the issues that the Honest Trailer for this film will point out.

If Wanda opened a can of whoop ass on Thanos, why did Stark do what he did? Did Thanos recover and got stronger?

Seems like the series is missing Joss Wheedon. Not that his last effort was the best, but for me it was far better than IW and sounds like( for Hulk fans at least) better than this movie as well. I guess Hulk Fans will always have Avengers 1 and Thor Fans will always have Ragnorok and IW.. At least Stark and Cap got good solid endings.

That's a good point. Whedon obviously loves the character of Hulk and not only made him a stand out in the first Avengers but gave him his own set piece with Hulkbuster in AOU.

I knew people would be mixed on Thor's development but in my eyes its redeemed in the final fight. At least he gets to fight and display his power. Hulk unfortunately gets zero. zip. nada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"