The Avengers Avengers and the future of the MCU (spoilers!)

Some ideas that I had were that Thanos could be linked to Thor 2 quite heavily (although still behind the scenes), because I think that;

1. He weakened Odin already by forcing him to use Dark Energy to send Thor to Earth, either physically/magically, or politically (Malekith?).
2. He's got the Tesseract in Asgard, which means he may just have to be wherever they open a portal to, to slip through.
3. He will help precipitate Ragnarok (Thor 2 / Surtur), which will further weaken Odin/Asgard before he comes to retrieve the IG.

These are complete suppositions btw.

Fantastic observation.
I didn't pick up on the possibility that Thanos actually *manipulated* Odin into weakening himself through using all his dark energy to transport Thor, but that's a brilliant plot point setup for Thor 2. The storyline is just begging for a scene in Thor 2 showing Thanos dropping into the Treasury, kicking a weakened Odin's ass, and strolling out with the Gauntlet.

Holy freakin' CHEEBUS CHRISTMAS, I want to see that scene. Like NAOW

Ok guys so, I was listening to the ifanboy podcast (btw i highly recommend their podcasts, VERY fun to listen to). Anyway one of the guys on the podcast apparently has connections to people who know people in the industry. And SUPPOSEDLY, the alien that is talking to Thanos at the end credits is...Annihilus, he's just never named. How freaking AWESOME is that if its true?!!

Yeah, no.

Likelihood that Annihilus "belongs" to Fox through Fantastic Four film rights: very high

Resemblance of "The Other" to Annihilus: almost zilch

Likelihood that Annihilus would ever be a lackey to Thanos: zilch

Likelihood that "one of the guys on the podcast" knows "people in the industry": less than zilch

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"