The Avengers Avengers and the future of the MCU (spoilers!)

jaqua99

....I need a horse!
Reaction score
If a mod wants to merge this into another thread, please feel free to. I just wanted to get this out there to get some opinions.

However, thoughts guys? Does anyone else think we will be getting more from Thanos than just an Avengers 2 appearance of attacking Earth?

As I have said before, I hope to see Thanos in 3, not 2. With it seeming likely that there will be a guardians of the galaxy movie, that Fiege has said, whould feature Drax The Destroyer among others, that means Thanos probably would have something to do with it. I assume Thanos wanted the Cosmic Cube to "open portals to another realm", which to me, seems like, he wants to infiltrate Asgard to retrieve his Infinity Gauntlet. I think this will be hinted at through out the films. Wheather of not it is Avengers 2 or 3 idk. But it seems like something is starting to get built up for Thanos, I would think it would be better if this built up film would be the finally in the trilogy.

Also, am I the only one who thinks that whenever Thanos will be the main villian, that it won't be an Avengers vs Thanos to protect Earth? I mean, I am thinking that probably some of the guardians of the galaxy (assumed Drax, and if they ever Introduce Warlock) would help aid in defeating Thanos. Now here is the interesting part. Remember at the beginning of The Avengers when "The Other" was telling Thanos about their plan with Loki and what Loki is doing? By the sound of that, it seemed like Thanos just wanted to test out the Earth. See what type of threat they will be to him, when he unleashes his true plan, not of attacking earth, but of universal domination.

Why do I say this? Because of probably the most overlooked line in the whole movie. The Other saying to Thanos at the beginning, "The Earth shall be his, and the universe, yours". !? So does that mean that when the infinity gauntlet does come in, we actually will have Thanos not as a threat to Earth, but as a Threat to the entire universe?????

Thoughts?

AvengersAnnual007.jpg

:thing: :thing: :thing:

That Avengers Annual is a perfect Avengers 2. Have it be the Avengers + GOTG.

Having Thanos revealed makes me wonder if GOTG is closer to coming to the screen than we previously thought.

I still hope he isn't the main baddie in A2.

Keep in mind that Thanos is practiced in the art of deception, too.

He set Loki up to fail, because he knew the Cube would wind up back at Asgard, which would give him an "in" to Odin's Treasury and his captive Gauntlet. His plans do not involve "taking over" the universe, but destroying it.

Even "The Other" believes that Thanos intends to rule. But Thanos wants only to destroy. That's what he does: he kills things. Lots of them.

I think it'd be pretty cool if we didn't have Thanos is any Avengers film.

Think about it, what Marvel Studios did was amazing, bringing all these franchises together.

What if Thanos is the new Nick Fury, showing up in individual films such as The Avengers and GOTG, maybe even Inhumans to have ANOTHER cross-over film with The Avengers and GOTG?

I picture it like this... Ultron, Kang, or someone else attacking the entire planet of Earth(Instead of just Manhattan like Loki and the Chitauri) in the sequel. In the third that's when Thanos comes, threatening the entire Universe.

The Guardians can save the Galaxy in their movie, since it's their job and all.

Some ideas that I had were that Thanos could be linked to Thor 2 quite heavily (although still behind the scenes), because I think that;

1. He weakened Odin already by forcing him to use Dark Energy to send Thor to Earth, either physically/magically, or politically (Malekith?).
2. He's got the Tesseract in Asgard, which means he may just have to be wherever they open a portal to, to slip through.
3. He will help precipitate Ragnarok (Thor 2 / Surtur), which will further weaken Odin/Asgard before he comes to retrieve the IG.

These are complete suppositions btw.

I think it'd be pretty cool if we didn't have Thanos is any Avengers film.

Think about it, what Marvel Studios did was amazing, bringing all these franchises together.

What if Thanos is the new Nick Fury, showing up in individual films such as The Avengers and GOTG, maybe even Inhumans to have ANOTHER cross-over film with The Avengers and GOTG?

This is my though exactly. How far beyond insanely epic would that be?

Having Nick Fury appear in Iron Man was epic, putting everyone together in the Avengers was extremely epic, having Thanos appear in The Avengers was beyond epic, and having GOTG crossover with Avengers to fight Thanos would be beyond words.

This is my though exactly. How far beyond insanely epic would that be?

Having Nick Fury appear in Iron Man was epic, putting everyone together in the Avengers was extremely epic, having Thanos appear in The Avengers was beyond epic, and having GOTG crossover with Avengers to fight Thanos would be beyond words.

OMG, we've been thinking small lol...

The Infinity Gauntlet will be it's own mega-uber-super-team-up movie :wow:

I'm so glad Marvel wasn't afraid to show Thano's. Unlike Sony making Galactus a cloud in FF.

Spoiler Title lol.

I'd love for Thanos to be the villain in TA2, they could set it up nicely with mentions/cameo in Thor 2

I'm skeptical towards a movie featuring The Avengers + GotG because I felt I wanted to see more of every Avenger in the first movie, even if I still got enough to make it great. If you introduce more heroes we will get less time with each one.

Not that I know how the current Avengers will handle Thanos on their own but I just think they risk diluting the product if they introduce too many characters in a movie, which doesn't work exactly like a comic.

This picture is obvious BS. I mean, the alien that Thor hit is still intact??? His head would be off! Not to mention Thor would just swing Mjolnir at the speed of light using the massive shockwave to instantly destroy the entire planet after which he'd swallow Galactus whole and then crap out the Beyonder AND Death herself!!!

(Right, Thor fanboys?)

Last edited:
The MCU is to small for an infinity gauntlet movie. The infinity gauntlet needs mutiple cosmic heavyweights to help sell its power.

Thanos is fearsome without the gauntlet, and would work well in an avengers movie without it.

Hard to see how the next movie would be more personal with the infinity gauntlet involved. Thats as universal as it gets.

Side, what was with the human hand? That was weird haha.

There's discussion going on about that, I think it's pretty much been agreed on it has a grey tint and was slightly bigger, but something they need to work on if Thanos is in future films.

As great a story as TIG was I really wasn't very fond of Thanos playing the evil overlord type (ala Darkseid), and even his famous Achilles' heel seems like a metacommentary on his unsuitability for such a role. IMO he was at his best in the post-TIG stories where was portrayed as a wildcard scheming powerhouse.

Ok guys so, I was listening to the ifanboy podcast (btw i highly recommend their podcasts, VERY fun to listen to). Anyway one of the guys on the podcast apparently has connections to people who know people in the industry. And SUPPOSEDLY, the alien that is talking to Thanos at the end credits is...Annihilus, he's just never named. How freaking AWESOME is that if its true?!!

Guess I'll re-post this here.

Are they saving him for the inevitable Avengers 2? Or will be be in Thor 2? Or some other Marvel solo film? If he is saved for Avengers 2, how much of his comic persona, origins, and powers will make it into the films? So far, the Marvel Cinematic Universe has depowered the more omnipotent and unstoppable characters from the comics. Most significant examples being Thor, Loki, and The Destroyer. Will Thanos still be a member of the Eternals, or just some alien ruler from an unknown world? Will he able to go head-to-head with Thor and Hulk? Or will he need weapons? I am utterly excited to see more of him when the time comes. But I am fully expecting him to be nowhere near the power of his comic book counterpart.

I honesty don't think they should do Thanos in Avengers 2.It would just feel like a rehash of Avengers 1. My suggestion to MArvel is to build the Marvel universe, both the earth and cosmic story lines including earthlings such Ant-Man, Black Panther, Namor, and In-Humans and on the cosmic side GOTG, Captain Marvel, Thor ect.

When all the characters have been established then film Avengers 2 & 3 back to back using the Civil War story line for Avengers 2 which would then lead to an All out war with Thanos in Avengers 3. Can u imagine Thor and the Asguardians fighting alongside Namor and the Atlanteans, the guardians of the galaxy taking on Thanos' fleet in Space, Black Panther and the Wakandans fighting in Africa? I'm talking about a truly global all out super powered war! :wow:

Last edited:
Changed title, cause it was spoilerish.

Ok guys so, I was listening to the ifanboy podcast (btw i highly recommend their podcasts, VERY fun to listen to). Anyway one of the guys on the podcast apparently has connections to people who know people in the industry. And SUPPOSEDLY, the alien that is talking to Thanos at the end credits is...Annihilus, he's just never named. How freaking AWESOME is that if its true?!!

God, I hope not. Thanos and Annihilus are peers, and for either to be portrayed as the other's minion is a disservice to each character. Annihilation showed how it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"