Infinity War Should the Avengers have stayed to defend Earth rather than going to Titan?

pr0xyt0xin

Shaper Savant
Reaction score
I was reading an article about the opinion addressed in the title. Should the Avengers have stayed to defend Earth rather than going to Titan? (link posted below if curious)

And I gotta say, I do wonder myself if this is the case. Clearly with Iron Man and Doctor Strange's help Wakanda would have lasted longer under the strain of Thanos' army. Even Thanos himself would've been less powerful.

But I think it speaks to the MCU's journey to this point. This is the only way this could have happened. Strange and Stark are arrogant to a fault. Stark has always made the foolhardy choice and Strange has never lost a battle. Cap and BP would never be seen doing anything but defending their homes. And The Avengers were broken up.

Kind of a fun topic when you start to really analyze it.

https://screenrant.com/avengers-win-infinity-war-iron-man-different-ending/

LOL all these silly internet think pieces over woulda shoulda coulda decisions.

How would they have done that? They weren't able to stop Ebony Maw from kidnapping Doctor Strange.

Avengers were split up and weren't ready to handle an attack by Thanos. Plus, Thanos already had Power and Space gems, so he could pretty much go where ever he wanted. Plus with reality he can bend matter to his will. So the heroes wouldn't have been able to do much against him anyway.

It's hard to say. They made a choice. Just because the end result wasn't positive doesn't mean the other option was much better. It really depends on how some things play out in the next movie. What does Stark and Nebula accomplish out in space or do they just straight up head back to Earth?

Stopping Thanos was going to be tough no matter what. And not sure they could have stopped him on Earth. They really only got close because they were there with the Guardians and had Mantis as a good way to shut down Thanos momentarily. If they go back to Earth without arriving on Titan maybe the Guardians just get massacred before the finger snap and can't play a role in the next film.

The choice reflected the characters. Tony is still heavily conflicted by guilt which partially contributed to Civil War. If the choice exists to put the Earth and innocents at risk or take the fight to the enemy he's probably going on the offensive.

He already had the insta-death and the go-wherever-he-pleases stones. Everything after the fact, is him showing off.

Considering they crash landed that spaceship on Titan, I'm not sure crash landing it on Earth would've been a good idea either. :funny:

I mostly agree with Tony's decision. Sure it would've been nice to have all our Avengers fight in Wakanda but his reasoning made sense.

Only two people went to space, the third was rescued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"