Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

I find that if you watch "Batman Forever"/"Batman & Robin" and assume that the only thing of Batman that ever existed was the 60's TV show, then it makes perfect sense.

NO FLAMES, DINGUS.

SOOOOOOO..... I like the colors of the red/blue suit in this.

Yeah, that one has flaws too, but I love how corny it is, always loved B&R

Man, this is your thread.

I find that if you watch "Batman Forever"/"Batman & Robin" and assume that the only thing of Batman that ever existed was the 60's TV show, then it makes perfect sense.

And if you assume good movies never existed, then it makes them just great. :awesome:

I'm in the minority who loves how Venom looked in the film. i loved that he wasn't a steroid monster whose tounge made im look liked he belonged on a Kiss album cover. I love how he was just as lean as Spidey which makes sense. He's a mirror version of Spidey, so he should mirror him in size. (not that I hate the comic Venom far from it).

I prefer the more muscular Venom, but I agree that I'm glad we didn't get a Venom that looked more like Hulk in terms of physique with the protruding tongue.
I see the point of Venom and Eddie Brock as being if someone who was the opposite of Peter Parker got his powers. As Peter was a skinny nerd, it makes perfect sense that his opposite would be a very muscular person, beyond just stacking the deck against the hero (such as the case with Owlman and Ultraman in comparison to Batman and Superman).

I love that Harry was never called Goblin in the movie
And I love his costume and snow board glider

I loved everything about the New Goblin except for the paintball mask. It seemed out of place and added just so he could have a mask.

The glider was balls-to-the-wall awesome, though.

It has too much going on, but overall I like SM3. The fight scenes were all good. I liked the goofy Peter scenes. Seemed to fit his character, as his dark side isn't going to be all that dark. SM2 is the king so far, but in certain moods I do prefer SM3 over the first film. I do think on film, Spidey has had it pretty good in comparison to other superheroes. I really digged Raimi's comic book charm. I found his series enjoyable and laid back.

I loved everything about the New Goblin except for the paintball mask. It seemed out of place and added just so he could have a mask.

The glider was balls-to-the-wall awesome, though.
It worked fine to protect his face from velocity air friction, and eases it for him to breathe

Come to think of it; how is it Spider-Man was able to breath and not twitch swinging unmasked all that distance as fast as he did?

Drop logic

It worked fine to protect his face from velocity air friction, and eases it for him to breathe

But he only wore it for one scene! And it was for, like, half or a third of that scene!

But I loved the rest of the costume! Seriously, I have a headless action figure of him on my desk. I'm not sure why. :huh:

There was nothing Goblin like about Harry's costume. If you showed any Spidey fan a photo of him a year before SM-3 was released, they'd have no clue he was a Goblin villain much less a Spidey one.

There was nothing Goblin like about Harry's costume. If you showed any Spidey fan a photo of him a year before SM-3 was released, they'd have no clue he was a Goblin villain much less a Spidey one.
So? They way they turned him made an awesome fight and chase in the alleys

But he only wore it for one scene! And it was for, like, half or a third of that scene!

He wore the mask in two scenes, the first attack on Pete, and when he rescues Pete from Venom and Sandman.

One thing that I liked about the fact he did not have any Goblin type disguise was that Pete did not know who the hell was attacking him at the beginning of the fight, you get to see how he reacts to some unknown super-villan just attacking him out of nowhere while he is in his civillian I.D.
So, you have him shocked, maybe a little panicked, when the Goblin's blades come out, and he realises this guy means business, but he pretty much gets it together rightaway as he has been at it for a while now.

Sure, he should have figured it was Harry, he is not that far removed from the original Goblin M.O., but Pete is caught up in the heat of the battle, not much time for thought, and part of him probably doesn't want to think that Harry could go that far, which Harry knows too, 'You knew this was coming Pete.', haha.

Spider-Aziz said:
I love that Harry was never called Goblin in the movie

Well, he was officially called the new Goblin in the credits, and you have Pete's line, 'Look at little Goblin junior, you gonna cry now?' haha, that was a good line, a nice combo of the Spidey patter with a dark edge to it, coming from the symbiote influence.

Last edited:
Well, he was officially called the new Goblin in the credits, and you have Pete's line, 'Look at little Goblin junior, you gonna cry now?' haha, that was a good line, a nice combo of the Spidey patter with a dark edge to it.
Uhmm, I see
And agree with you

It's a shame that Venom was crammed into the climax of this film. I think a lot of people were expecting or hoping to see Venom push Spider-Man to his limits through paranoia (like he did in his initial appearances in the comics), and that really couldn't be accomplished in a film that was already telling his origin.

It's a shame that Venom was crammed into the climax of this film. I think a lot of people were expecting or hoping to see Venom push Spider-Man to his limits through paranoia (like he did in his initial appearances in the comics), and that really couldn't be accomplished in a film that was already telling his origin.
You're right, but with the reboot I'm so happy he didn't take Venom to his full potential in the movie, I mean the reboot would have ended the series with a cliffhanger

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"