Let's Watch Spider-Man 3 Again and Find Positive Things To Say About It

You're right, but with the reboot I'm so happy he didn't take Venom to his full potential in the movie, I mean the reboot would have ended the series with a cliffhanger

Huh? You mean that you would have rather had Venom shoved into the climax like he was rather than have him left for a fourth film that was canceled?

Huh? You mean that you would have rather had Venom shoved into the climax like he was rather than have him left for a fourth film that was canceled?
Yeah, and I'm who likes the short climax, takes my anger out

Really? I don't see the Alien influence.

There was that bit they showed in the trailer, with ripped mask Spidey looking about everywhere for Venom, with him being immune to his Spider-sense, and then Venom grabbing Spidey from above by the head.
I guess he could mean that was quite like a scene from one of the 'Alien' movies, which it was.

Also, that first shot of Venom we got, in bootleg form, his head looked just like the Giger Alien design(the first shot, when he is kneeling down), it looked scarier that way, but I guess they changed it because it was not the type of design you could have had sitting on top of a body like a regular human type head, it would have looked...weird, haha.

There was that bit they showed in the trailer, with ripped mask Spidey looking about everywhere for Venom, with him being immune to his Spider-sense, and then Venom grabbing Spidey from above by the head.
I guess he could mean that was quite like a scene from one of the 'Alien' movies, which it was.

I recognize the similarity in that scene, but I was talking about the design.

Also, that first shot of Venom we got, in bootleg form, his head looked just like the Giger Alien design(the first shot, when he is kneeling down), it looked scarier that way, but I guess they changed it because it was not the type of design you could have had sitting on top of a body like a regular human type head, it would have looked...weird, haha.

You mean this?
spider-man3_venom_02.jpg

Because I don't see much of a specific resemblance to this that wouldn't have been inherited from the source material:
ALIEN.png

Because I don't see much of a specific resemblance to this that wouldn't have been inherited from the source material:

Sure, that's true, but when they were coming up with the design for the movie, I bet they referenced the Giger Alien in their discussions on how to approach Venom live action, and thought that if that design worked onscreen, then they could do a straight transfer of the comic book image, with the shiny 'helmet' aspect, and the head being less human in shape.

edit: That first design is more like that aspect of the giger design, with the shiny 'helmet' that protrudes from the alien head, with the large gaping jaw below it. It only very basically resembles the shape of a human head, so it would look funny on a human body, but looks fine when Venom is crouching.
So, they went with a more human shaped head, and made it less shiny, losing that aspect of the comic image and giger design.

Y'know, I'm just guessing at their discussions, but I would be very surprised if the Giger Alien design did not come up in discussions along those lines, that's the kind of thing that happens in these kinds of things.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'd be pissed if there was cancellation for a sequel they worked so hard building on

There is no way that would have happened, at the stage when they were thinking of ending 3 with a Venom cliffhanger, they were talking about making 3 and 4 back to back. Even if they did not do that, 3 would have made more than enough money to justify the follow up film, which they would have already worked out deals for.

Part of the problem Sony had with making that brand new SM4 with the Vulture was that they had to work out new contracts, afaik, and that would have cost a helluva lot more money than Sony could afford. I heard their Playstation revenue was not as flush as it was back when the first three movies were made.

Yeah, I'd be pissed if there was cancellation for a sequel they worked so hard building on

That makes sense.

Sure, that's true, but when they were coming up with the design for the movie, I bet they referenced the Giger Alien in their discussions on how to approach Venom live action, and thought that if that design worked onscreen, then they could do a straight transfer of the comic book image, with the shiny 'helmet' aspect, and the head being less human in shape.

edit: That first design is more like that aspect of the giger design, with the shiny 'helmet' that protrudes from the alien head, with the large gaping jaw below it. It only very basically resembles the shape of a human head, so it would look funny on a human body, but looks fine when Venom is crouching.
So, they went with a more human shaped head, and made it less shiny, losing that aspect of the comic image and giger design.

Y'know, I'm just guessing at their discussions, but I would be very surprised if the Giger Alien design did not come up in discussions along those lines, that's the kind of thing that happens in these kinds of things.

Sort of like in the second panel of this page?
Venom-Black-Cat.png

I plan on re-watching S-M3 tonight. Still a good film, IMO. My least favorite of the trilogy, but still awesome.

My least favorite of the trilogy is the first :oldrazz:
Best Spidey origin so far, but less enjoyable than the other two as a whole film, especially with those effects making him look like a plastic toy

I really thoguht the affects were real good. S-M2 won the Academy award for VFX. :Up:

Decent - real good in SM1, terrific in the sequels

I still love that little speech of Eddie's in church,and his famous line..."I want you to kill Peter Parker." I do wonder if it could've been changed to," I'm going to kill Peter Parker,"though? Meaning to say that he asks God's forgiveness because he plans on murdering Peter.
I know alot of people didn't like this line,but it's still one of my favs. Oh,along with the simple,"Hey,Parker!" I remember first hearing that in the trailer and having a geek-gasm. lol

It's one of my favorites too, better than him going to Church in hopes of committing suicide before making his badly desired revenge, makes him more of a villain

I still love that little speech of Eddie's in church,and his famous line..."I want you to kill Peter Parker." I do wonder if it could've been changed to," I'm going to kill Peter Parker,"though? Meaning to say that he asks God's forgiveness because he plans on murdering Peter.
I know alot of people didn't like this line,but it's still one of my favs. Oh,along with the simple,"Hey,Parker!" I remember first hearing that in the trailer and having a geek-gasm. lol
Agreed. I also think "I like being bad. it makes me happy..." is a great line as well. :up:

Hoffman & Jameson
Jonah Jameson & the girl carrying a camera
MJ getting tossed out of play and receives two bad disappointments in a row

I agree too, i like spider-man 3 movie because a poster is look coolll...like this
sm3_post2.jpg

and of course 3 villains new goblin are back, sandman like monster & venom like badass alien,,

I've stated this before,but Spider-man 3 really is the most fun out of the series. Spider-man is a great origin story,and Spider-man 2 is really wonderful on story and depth,but part 3 is a true comic book come to life. I've also said how much I hate how Venom was treated and how the symbiote was played more for laughs,but...to still love the film after they pretty much screwed my favorite villain up really says something. :cwink:

The thing is with 3, I don't get all the hate, yes they screwed up alot of things, and yeah it was pretty bad. BUT there are good things in it that I think people have forgotten about because of the whole Sandman/Venom and Parker/MJ/Harry crap.

Here's what I think is good in SM3:

- The Sandman birth scene
- symbiote in Parkers bedroom and him waking up hanging upside down out the window
- The Sandman Subway scene
-Jameson 'time to take your pills' scene
- The church scene
- The final Harry fight (in his apartment 'Look at little Goblin Jr)
- Eddie trying to hit on Miss Brant (Betty Betty bo-betty banana-nana fo fetty)
- Peter slamming Eddie against the wall, and Eddie getting fired, and the pay rise.
- Harry vs Sandman.
- The final fight between him and Venom (before he gets killed)
- Harry ironically getting killed the same way his father did, but to save Spider-Man, not to kill him.

I think the most problem with it is that it had waaay to much going on, and lost the story-telling structure, as alot of things just seemed to happen without reason.

Edit: Oh and I loved Gwen and Captain Stacy.

Agreed. I also think "I like being bad. it makes me happy..." is a great line as well. :up:
I liked the line but I just wish it was "We like being bad, it makes us happy.". I think then I would of truly loved that part.

The only good thing about SM3 is the Sandman transformation scene...It's like poetry in motion.

Everything else is a complete throw away.

Remember that scene when MJ goes over to Harry's apartment so he can cheer her up...they start making some omelettes and dancing to some ol' rock and roll?? That one scene felt like it was so separated from the rest of the movie...it was a refreshing feeling watching that scene, all I wanted to do was have the movie go off in that direction and just become a new movie and leave the cringe-inducing crap behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"