Lexi Alexander Blogs???

Advanced Dark

Avenger
Reaction score
I found this link online but it appears the info was removed. All we can see now is the text below. Maybe she's not ready yet and it's being set up.

Lexi blogs! [SIZE=-1]31 Jul 2007 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]by Joe Leydon [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The babe-o-licious Lexi Alexander, director of the criminally underappreciated Green Street Hooligans, has started her own blog as she prepares to make a movie showcasing The Punisher, the Marvel Comics anti-hero whose exploits previously inspired (to use that term very, very loosely) two other films...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]movingpictureblog - http://movingpictureblog.blogspot.com/[/SIZE]

Perhaps someone can dig up the rest of that text to find the link to the blog.

I'd like to find this as well but

haha WOW for some reason it just makes me really uncomfortable to hear the director of a Punisher film being referred to as "babeolicious."

I've got absolutely nothing against her. It's just funny hearing the director of a freaking PUNISHER film called "babeolicious."

I've got absolutely nothing against her. It's just funny hearing the director of a freaking PUNISHER film called "babeolicious."

You know, because she's a young lady. At least they're not refering to Jonathan Hensleigh as babeolicious.

http://www.lexialexander.com/

"FRANK MILLER IS A GENIUS

Hey everybody!

So finally, after consistent
demand, I have a "presence"
on the web. Only because
someone on my team made
this website for me and all I
have to do is send an email
once in a while to report on
my day to day life. I can do that.

I find it a bit embarrassing to talk about myself, so while I'm getting used to that, I'm just going to talk about people I admire. Hence, my first blog is titled "Frank Miller is a genius."

I met Frank a couple of weeks ago at an event. We spend a good two hours chatting and I can quite honestly say, he is one of the nicest, most humble people I have ever met, which is kind of surprising, given that he is a rock star in his genre, a unique visionary and... a genius.

Frank is in prep for THE SPIRIT, which is produced by my Greenstreet Hooligans producers and is, just like the film I'm prepping -- THE PUNISHER, at Lionsgate. So, in a weird way, we are all kind of connected. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Frank and I were talking about our experience so far, and at a certain point when he was talking about his vision for THE SPIRIT, the hair in the back of my neck stood up. That film is going to make history. Watch! He truly is so good at this, that for a moment I wondered if he was born with a superhuman power as well, like a lens over his eyes that makes him see the whole world as a graphic novel.

THE SPIRIT is going to be a big hit and I just hope it won't open on the same weekend as my film. Thank God that's unlikely, given that we are at the same studio.

Of course, that doesn't mean I am not extremely excited about the progress on THE PUNISHER. So far, so great. I've got the actor I wanted to play Frank Castle and he rocks! I also have a solid exciting script now, but I can't say more before I check in with the suits to see how much I can reveal. I don't want to get in trouble so early in the game!

So stay tuned for more news. I will dutifully report from the battlefield!

Warmest,

Lexi"

^ So there it is. Good find. I heard some really cool things about the script at the Comic-Con from someone. Just so you guys can reference this fact and not BS all I'll say is "Fantasy Island". You're gonna love it.

^ So there it is. Good find. I heard some really cool things about the script at the Comic-Con from someone. Just so you guys can reference this fact and not BS all I'll say is "Fantasy Island". You're gonna love it.

No way, Rikers? Man, how fast is this project turning around in a positive direction!

Rikers? Nah if the info leaks you'll know it. It's not Rikers that I'm talking about but who knows that could be in there. Good idea.

It would be nice if she could allow something where us fans could send in questions for her to answer, or at least she could talk about the comics and the character on the site.

I really want to know her take on the source material and how she is going to approach it.

I just think it was funny we all had such a hard time finding lexialexander.com... hahahaha...

I'm going to send her all of my favorite Punisher comics that I can find online. :woot:

That's what her web site needs: FAQ section for the fans to send in questions and suggestions.

So, she's updated her blog:

http://lexialexander.com/Home.html

RUBBER PELLETS (8/21/07)

A new Warrior is born, and why I love Magic Mountain!

Pre-production to me always feels like the ride up a hill on a major rollercoaster, right before the big drop. There are suddenly little airplanes in your stomach and you ask yourself why on earth you agreed to jump on this ride. You look at the people sitting next to you and you wonder how they will react when you puke on them. Will they be mad? Disgusted? Amused? Or will they be classy and supportive and puke with you, merely to demonstrate their allegiance? What is your crew made of?

The truth is, I love the joy of the drop too much to pass on a good rollercoaster, no matter what. There are plenty of good people around me and I feel strongly that this ride in particular will lead to great rewards.

By now, everybody knows that the new PUNISHER is a remarkable
actor named RAY STEVENSON. I can't find enough words of praise
to describe this formidable actor and true Gentleman. Ray's name
came up on a list that the folks at Marvel handed me. I, shamefully,
was not aware of Ray's work so I rented the first season of ROME.
It took me no longer than 5 seconds from the time Ray came onto
the screen, to know that he is FRANK CASTLE. I can't remember
the last time an actor has impressed me so much with merely an
expression. Maybe Meryl Streep? Brando? I know these are grand
names, but I'm not exaggerating. Ray Stevenson is a grand actor.
He is also one of the most committed people I have ever met. Currently
he is staying at the home of his trainer and my fight choreographer, Pat Johnson. Johnson – the man, the myth, the legend – is, of course, responsible for the great fight scenes in Hooligans, as well as the boxing in my first short film, Johnny Flynton. His resume goes back 35 years and before then, he was the captain of the Chuck Norris fighting team and an undefeated World Karate champion. Currently Mr. Johnson is getting Ray in warrior shape and I think they spend something crazy, like five or six hours a day, just sweating. Thank God, Ray is extremely coordinated so he already looks like he was a competitive fighter himself.

For the past few weekends, Ray has also had major Military training
with a bunch of badass Marines from a company called Gunmetal.
I love Marines. In the first year I moved out to the US, I was asked
to teach a little hand-to-hand combat seminar to a group of Marines
at Camp Pendleton. That was before they had their own, now very
famous, Martial Arts program. I quickly understood why the Germans
called Marines "Teufelshunde." They have trained and continue to
train Ray very well.

Matt Sigloch and Jon Barton, the guys who own GUNMETAL, take
great pride in their work. They are especially invested in making Frank Castle as authentic as possible, since historically, Castle was a Force Recon Marine.

So there you have it. Ray Stevenson is kicking major ass with the help of the best experts I could possibly find, I'm enjoying the rollercoaster ride and rubber pellets hurt like a mother!@#$ when your actor forgets that you are playing the role of a "friendly." Hopefully next time I can share some casting news!

Warmest,

Lexi

Verily, mine confidence grows swiftly!

Nice find. I wonder who the other names on Marvel's list were?

OOH-RAH, Marine Corps!:unishr:
GroupSm.png

Verily, mine confidence grows swiftly!

Nice find. I wonder who the other names on Marvel's list were?

I wonder too. Usually that stuff tends to leak out after a while like it did for the casting ideas for James Bond in CR, but with a project this small maybe it won't.

All I can say is thank god for Lexi Alexander and Ray Stevenson. She has him out there training with real marines? Doesn't get any more perfect than that.

Im so looking foward to this film - Ray looks like a cool Punisher!

Thank God for Lexi. She is going to make this film DAMN good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"