Lexi Updates Her Blog! March 12, 2008

Arsh

Awesome
Reaction score
Lexi updated her blog today:

http://lexialexander.com/

YOU CAN'T ALWAYS SAY WHAT YOU WANT...

but you can try sometime... (3/12/08)

People! I’ve been getting a lot of grief for not updating my blog more often. So let me just explain this: When I talk about “the film”, I need to get whatever I write approved by the studio. You can’t really argue with that; it’s their dough, their marketing campaign and I am under contract.

The problem is, I write like **** when I’m being censored. Now, it’s not like they told me in the past what to write or not to write, but just the idea that I need approval on what I’m going to say kills it for me. I’ve tried to be a PG and polite version of myself in the last few entries. The problem is, that’s not really me. Therefore I hate doing it and it shows.

So I didn’t turn out to be a good blogger, but rest assured, I will keep everybody updated on the progress of “the film”, maybe through a live chat on a cool website, or future interviews. There are great blogs out there, and the web itself is an irreplaceable tool for all filmmakers. The other side of the coin is that whatever you put out there -- is out there for good.

For example, my boyfriend’s mother, who lives in England and hasn’t met me yet, tried to find out a little bit more about her son’s lady, so she typed “Lexi Alexander” into a search engine. Now, do you think that damn search engine brought up some nice pics of me in a beautiful dress, or maybe some information about my charity work, or at the very least a tiny piece of good press? Oh, no! What she found was a video of my acceptance speech at the SXSW Festival in which I accidentally dropped a couple of ****s and one mother… How about that for a first impression?

What can I say, Greenstreet Hooligans had just won the Audience and Jury Award, I had just attended a screening at the famous Alamo Draft and, well, I had a couple of pints. That’s the world-wide-web not working in your favor! By the way, I think SXSW is just going on right now. I ****ing love that festival!

The worst, though, is when certain bloggers put their foot in their mouth by talking **** about their peers. Then it doesn’t matter how many retractions and retractions to retractions you post, you made an ass of yourself. Period.

I’m sure I’ll use the blog again to at least update some images in the future… I don’t know. What I do know for sure is I’m not going to write any more official stuff, nor will I ever use this medium for any kind of mud-slinging with other artists.

When I was still fighting competitively, there was a lot of smack talk going on before all the big fights. My response was always very simple: “Let’s just step on the mat.”

Obviously, these days the smack talk comes from other sources and quite honestly, I am not in good enough shape to challenge anybody on the mat right now, but my response to all the present smack talkers and bitter ****heads is still somewhat the same: It’s all about the work and I put up my work against anybody’s work any day, anytime! Let the audience ref. Bring it!

LexiGloves.png

See you out there, Sports Fans!

Love & Respect,
Lexi

Don't really know what to make of the blog. Is she pissed at the fans or pissed at the studio for not being able to talk about the movie, or is she not pissed at all.

It seems very confusing to me.

Ok, and nothing new about the Punisher film? That was a serious ****ing letdown.

She's finally doing something on the blog. :woot:

You'd think she'd mention the launch of the official site, no?

Don't really know what to make of the blog. Is she pissed at the fans or pissed at the studio for not being able to talk about the movie, or is she not pissed at all.

It seems very confusing to me.

Sounds more like she is pissed at the studio.
People want her to blog about the movie, but she apparently was told that anything mentioned in regards to "the film" has to be ran through them first. She obviously doesn't like and is uncomfortable with being censored so is not going to be blogging like she had hoped for now.

Which in this day and age is pretty ridiculous. I don't know what the studio is afraid she will say about "the film" that could hurt it?

Well, the picture was nice tho :p

well, that was... uneventful. love her attitude tho! sad to hear that lexi won't be blogging anymore, but she did say she might post new images and whatnot. not really such a big deal now that the official film website is up.

Cute, but there could be at least one line about the flick? ^^

Ok, first of all, after reading all these posts...stop complaining that she didnt mention the film. Its not "Lexi's PUNISHER Blog" or "Punisher: War Zone Blog". Its simply just Lexi's Blog.

And im on either side of the fence when it comes to her mentioning the film...i understand that shes working hard on it and wants to gloat and talk about whats going on. But on the other hand, she is under contract, as is everyone else working on the film. They arent allowed to mention anything about the film that might "spoil" anything about the movie. If you were Marvel and/or Lions Gate...you wouldnt want anything about the movie getting out that would possibly spoil something and have someone not go see the film as a result. they dont call them "spoilers" for nothing.

And as far as her attitude, i think shes just generally frustrated. I got the impression that she was mad at the studio, and "other bloggers" ala Kurt Sutter for talking trash on the movie because he was whiney about the studio altering something he wrote, (it happens ALL the time, this is nothing different).

/rant

yea, your right, Lionsgate is probably being a dick. Poor Lexi, she's stressed. hey I know, maybe we should all pitch in and get her an appreciation gift?

Ok, first of all, after reading all these posts...stop complaining that she didnt mention the film. Its not "Lexi's PUNISHER Blog" or "Punisher: War Zone Blog". Its simply just Lexi's Blog.

And im on either side of the fence when it comes to her mentioning the film...i understand that shes working hard on it and wants to gloat and talk about whats going on. But on the other hand, she is under contract, as is everyone else working on the film. They arent allowed to mention anything about the film that might "spoil" anything about the movie. If you were Marvel and/or Lions Gate...you wouldnt want anything about the movie getting out that would possibly spoil something and have someone not go see the film as a result. they dont call them "spoilers" for nothing.

And as far as her attitude, i think shes just generally frustrated. I got the impression that she was mad at the studio, and "other bloggers" ala Kurt Sutter for talking trash on the movie because he was whiney about the studio altering something he wrote, (it happens ALL the time, this is nothing different).

/rant

If you read in between the lines that's the impression I got also. Lexi_A wasn't her :cwink:

I guess whatever news we get will come directly from the studio and nowhere else. Bummer.

Wow I somehow missed this and just sent it to front page and checked here to post it and fk I'm late. LOL

that's for sure,..it sounded like she had PMS and needed to Blog it.

Tell the B*tch to go on Oprah and get a box of tissue!!:csad:

Ridiculous. It looks like she doesn't have pms as bad as you do though.

well I geuss some really like to here the whiney & balling.
you do,.. I don't i geuss.

Couldn't say I gave it as much attention as you did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"