Lexi Script - My Review

I willing to guess that at least 90% of this script is in the film. The only thing that's changed so far that I can tell, was making Luke McDonald to Paul Budiansky.

I'm also hoping its a possibility that the action scenes were changed during shooting.

Im hoping it goes straight to video so we can see a real Punisher story on film.

You should be clamoring for it to hit theatres. If it doesn't, I guarantee no new Punisher movies for another 5-10 years.

I'm also hoping its a possibility that the action scenes were changed during shooting.

It was shot during the strike, so no real rewrites during shooting. If something was changed it had to be on the fly.

You should be clamoring for it to hit theatres. If it doesn't, I guarantee no new Punisher movies for another 5-10 years.

Ive waited 20 years since Punisher (volume 2 #10) I can wait. Punisher is too great a character for this disrespect.

I have mixed emotions about this movie at best, since I loved the last Punisher movie. But, you better believe I'll be one of the first in line at the theaters, no matter what the trailers, pictures, and comments on this board would lead one to think.

Why?

Because I'm a fan of these movies. If someone is taking the time to make a Punisher movie, then I'll make sure I take the time to support it.

It was shot during the strike, so no real rewrites during shooting. If something was changed it had to be on the fly.

I don't believe that the fight choreography has to follow the script 100% of all the time. Especially if a lot of it was written vaguely.

Hasen't it been re-written atleast once after this script?

Wow, well then... This is sure gonna blow, isn't it?

Well if you look over on imdb.com you'll see that the script must have gone through a few significant changes. Nicky Cavella is now in it too.

I don't believe that the fight choreography has to follow the script 100% of all the time. Especially if a lot of it was written vaguely.

exactly. a script is just an idea or a guideline, it's up to the director and the choreographer to decide what the actions and the scene will actually look like. and with lexi as the director, i don't believe the violence in this movie will come off as cheesy or over-the-top. just look at hooligans, that **** was brutal! and this is a much darker story, so it's going to be completely brutal.

another thing, interviews from the people involved mentioned the movie being set in the marvel universe, rather than a real world setting, so it was destined to be at least a little over-the-top, but at least there's no battle van, right? there... isn't, right?

point being, we knew this wasn't going be the gritty urban "taxi driver" of the new millennium all along. so what's the beef? :woot:

:unishr:

Hasen't it been re-written atleast once after this script?

Well if you look over on imdb.com you'll see that the script must have gone through a few significant changes. Nicky Cavella is now in it too.

portions of a script can always change. sometimes stuff doesn't work out too well, sometimes they try something else and it's better.

what's the date on the script and does it say which draft it is? also, is lexi the sole name on the script?

I think you're kinda reaching. Chances are it's probably in the movie, or at least something like it.

And no matter how you slice it, Frank balancing on a chair spinning around shooting his guns is so dumb and does not belong in a Punisher movie.

That being said, I still haven't lost faith.

i'm not saying it won't be in the movie as it most likely will, i was just saying it doesn't have to look as cheesy as everybody says. shoot em up made death by carrot a badass thing, unfortunately they did it another 452 times...

but you're right, it's not the punisher. as an aspiring film maker, it's been a dream of mine to make a superhero flick so if everything goes right for me with school and my internship, maybe in 10 years, i'll get a stab at getting it right. :woot: if my dreams come true, i will not dissapoint you all... hahaha!

My advice is stop calling yourself an aspiring filmmaker and start calling yourself a filmmaker. Only reason you should call yourself is an aspiring filmmaker if you haven't made anything yet.

i'm a filmmaker at heart, but i certainly am not one professionally yet. hence the term aspiring. by your theory, everybody on youtube is a filmmaker. :woot:

thanks for the advice though. i guess that makes me a filmmaker and not an aspiring one.

The people on youtube don't matter, neither does the word professionalism when you're starting out this early in the game. All that matters is the mindset. You can call yourself a filmmaker. Who the hell is going to tell you different?

Like I said above, there probably were some tweaks but I'm guessing it'll be mostly the same, the only change in the script I know of is replacing a character for Budiansky, but the dialogue is probably the same. And I do hope the fixed that bit about Hannibal Lector, he wouldn't be in hell with Hitler, being fictional and all.

Oh, and the people who were complaining about Frank being touchy-feely and needing a hug in the '04 movie (I didn't think he was at all). Are probably not gonna be happy about this one.

Yea. I concur. Its just that the violence is ridiculous, and there are some characters who just shouldnt be in there at all. Like Maginty,

how in the bloody Hell could you combine two irish breakdancing weirdos with the likes of Maginty? Stupid and out of place. Maginty deserves his own story!!!!!!!

that one had me pretty mad. Damn, I dunno, and Soap was severely misrepresented. And I get the feeling Lexi is a touch crazy.

or maybe the script is crazy because it's gone through so many re-writes...

Yea. I concur. Its just that the violence is ridiculous, and there are some characters who just shouldnt be in there at all. Like Maginty,

how in the bloody Hell could you combine two irish breakdancing weirdos with the likes of Maginty? Stupid and out of place. Maginty deserves his own story!!!!!!!

Yeah, there is no point for his character to be in the film, same with Cristu Bludat. They're both in here for fan wank, "hey here are two comepletly unrelated characters from the comic, let's just throw them in the movie for funsies." I figured they would overcompensate with the violence, this **** was just ridiculous.

that one had me pretty mad. Damn, I dunno, and Soap was severely misrepresented. And I get the feeling Lexi is a touch crazy.

Crazy or just a bad writer. I'm surprised that Micro actually worked, but the ex-gang banger, another pointless character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"