Comics Lex's Chicks

Yodaman

Legend
Reaction score
I'm relatively new to Superman and the comics I have read havn't had much Luthor in them so I'm going to ask this question. I'm asking it based on what I've seen via the films so forgive me for my n00bness. I've seen that Lex almost always has a female among his cohorts and she is usually the closest to him among the henchmen (I wonder why ;) ). My question is what type of girl has become the typical "Lex Girl"? Is she like Mercy Graves, a femme fatal who can give Nick Fury a run for his money? Is she like Eve Teschmacher, sweet, very loyal to Lex, but stupid? Or is she more like Kitty Kowalski, a rich, spoiled b*tch?

Hope and Mercy were Lex's bodyguards in the comics, but Hope betrayed him (and paid a helluva price for it too).

And Lex wouldn't be caught dead with either Teschmacher or Kitty Kowalski. Neither of them are women that Lex would be able to put up with, other than perhaps a one night stand out of boredom.

Lex had been married seven times off-panel by the time we first met him in 1986's Man of Steel, and was trying to make Lois Lane wife #8. He is attracted to women with strong character, charisma, and intelligence (he was looking for an equal). He later married for the eighth time to a woman who became known mainly as "The Contessa" (her real name is really long and I can't remember it). The Contessa was secretly immortal and had publically bought out LexCorp. Luthor married her just to keep his company, but found himself actually falling into a love/hate (much more emphasis on the hate) relationship with the woman.

The Contessa eventually brought another girl into Lex's life: their daughter Lena. Because the Contessa preferred not to go through the actual pain of childbirth and went through the process completely sedated, Lex used the opportunity to imprison his wife (and keep her constantly unconscious) and keep his daughter for himself, vowing never to take another wife so as not to have Lena's love focused on anyone but her father.

The Contessa escaped after a while, but Lex killed her with missiles.

Hmmm......maybe Lex is just going through a "Stupid bimbo who is mildly ******ed" phase?

Lex wasn't involved with Talia, was he?

But he was involved with Supergirl (tha matrix one)

Also, there was a very good short story, when he goes into a gas station, and as the rich and powerful Lex Luthor, asks a poor woman to abandon his family and go with him to a life of luxury. He will wait outside in the limo, till she decides.
The woman thinks, suffers, and finally decides to leave her life behind. Walks out, very happy, since life finally gave her something to live for. Gave her hope, a way out of this horrible, boring, mediocre life.
And when she walks out she realizes Lex already left. He does this sometimes just mess with girls heads.

GyLocke said:
But he was involved with Supergirl (tha matrix one)

Also, there was a very good short story, when he goes into a gas station, and as the rich and powerful Lex Luthor, asks a poor woman to abandon his family and go with him to a life of luxury. He will wait outside in the limo, till she decides.
The woman thinks, suffers, and finally decides to leave her life behind. Walks out, very happy, since life finally gave her something to live for. Gave her hope, a way out of this horrible, boring, mediocre life.
And when she walks out she realizes Lex already left. He does this sometimes just mess with girls heads.
"Metropolis: 900 Miles" was a great short story for showing just how evil Lex was in the newly established post-crisis continuity.

And it wasn't confirmed what her choice was going to be; we don't know if she was going to go with Lex or not. Luthor drove away before she made a decision, leaving her wondering for the rest of her life what she would have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"