Liev Schreiber is Showtime's Ray Donovan

That almost felt like a series finale or a close to one book of the series. I loved seeing the entire family work together. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that next season. And what do ya know... Mickey did not eff anything up!

I died laughing at Bunchy and Mickey emptying all their ammunition on 2 guys. What of there's more?! :lmao:
I was thinking the same thing on that last bit, lol. Just making sure they were all the way dead I guess. :p

^ Mine too but I read some recaps where I think it just ended with Abby saying something how nothing can touch them now.

Abby's comment made me thing something would happen. I thought maybe the phone would ring and say Bridget was attacked or something. Was not expecting such a surprise upbeat ending.

Yeah I was surprised at the "happy" ending. I had the same thoughts as you but my theory was that Hector was going to stab Ray at the back with a knife or something during their last scene. :funny:

I was literally yelling at my TV as Ray and Abby kissed after her line "Go in the damn club!" It was actually quite a tense moment following her bragging about being untouchable. I was just waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm glad it didn't. Ray earned a happy ending this season.

Now watch the next season's opening scene be Abby's funeral. :hehe:

Just literally got done watching the finale and just like you guys I loved it. It was good seeing the family just be happy at the end.

I'm kind of glad Bridgette is gone :hehe:

They sure do say 'sure' a lot in this series... surely it's not just me.

FEBRUARY 13, 2017 3:15pm PT by Bryn Elise Sandberg
'Ray Donovan' Adds Trio to Season 5 (Exclusive)
adina_porter_brian_white_and_lili_simmons_split.jpg

Adina Porter, Brian White and Lili Simmons will join the Showtime drama.
Ray Donovan is adding to its season cast cast. Adina Porter, Brian White and Lili Simmons are boarding the Showtime drama starring Liev Schreiber.

Porter, an alum of The 100 and American Horror Story, has been tapped to play the role of Vicky Delgatti, a fixer like Ray. She will appear in at least four episodes. White (Scandal, Chicago Fire, The Family Stone) will play Jay, a rapper-actor-producer who is one of the biggest stars in the world. Like Porter, he will appear in at least four episodes.

Meanwhile, Banshee’s Simmons has been cast in the role of Natalie James in a season-long arc. Natalie is a young and very attractive actress and the star of a big movie franchise.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...e=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Ah okay, there's one more season and thats it.

Season 5 trailer:

Not for nothing but Abby is featured in all of three shots in the trailer. Further, Ray seems to be romantically involved with Lili Simmons's character. I know that Ray has cheated pretty routinely in the past, but since season 3, he seems to have re-devoted himself to Abby, and the show (and his character) have been stronger for it. I don't think they'd undo that development by having Ray **** the first starlet who looks his way and running back to the Ray/Abby marital disharmony story line. Considering where we left her last season, possibly facing cancer, I have a bad feeling that we may see Abby die early on (possibly even through flashback) and her role in the season may either be purely flashbacks or Ray having hallucinations.

Season 5 trailer:

Not for nothing but Abby is featured in all of three shots in the trailer. Further, Ray seems to be romantically involved with Lili Simmons's character. I know that Ray has cheated pretty routinely in the past, but since season 3, he seems to have re-devoted himself to Abby, and the show (and his character) have been stronger for it. I don't think they'd undo that development by having Ray **** the first starlet who looks his way and running back to the Ray/Abby marital disharmony story line. Considering where we left her last season, possibly facing cancer, I have a bad feeling that we may see Abby die early on (possibly even through flashback) and her role in the season may either be purely flashbacks or Ray having hallucinations.

You're on to something about Ray not likely having an affair again after recommitting to Abby although would he really hook up that fast if Abby just died? Unless there's a time jump?

sucks that bridgette is back :lmao:

Season Premiere tonight!

Considering where we left her last season, possibly facing cancer, I have a bad feeling that we may see Abby die early on (possibly even through flashback) and her role in the season may either be purely flashbacks or Ray having hallucinations.
Well...umm.

Well that was completely depressing. :(

so did [blackout] abby commit suicide? [/blackout]

This episode depressed the hell out of me. :(

So that kid that Bridgette is semi-stalking was supposed to [blackout]get Abby's organs or something?[/blackout]

so did [blackout] abby commit suicide? [/blackout]

Were there hints about that? I can't recall any. I just assumed it was because of her cancer?

This episode depressed the hell out of me. :(

So that kid that Bridgette is semi-stalking was supposed to [blackout]get Abby's organs or something?[/blackout]

Were there hints about that? I can't recall any. I just assumed it was because of her cancer?

when he walked into the bedroom and looked shocked.

Oh man. I am not even sure I can continue to watch this show. That was genuinely one of the saddest hours of television I have ever watched. It never occurred to me just how well written these characters are until this episode, when the first major death of the series occurred and it hit HARD. Every time we had a flashback I just felt so tense, waiting for it to happen. And then in the scene where Ray seems to have found the body, Schreiber really stuck the landing with his reaction.

Apparently the flashbacks are going to be a continued part of the season, which the showrunner described in an interview with TVline as "nonlinear." We will continue to see Abby and the mystery surrounding her death unfold. Apparently we will cover most of the 10 month time jump. This is including how Abby's was bought, the cancer kid's story (who apparently plays a big role in Abby's death), and what the deal with naked girl at the car crash is. If the trailer for the season is any indicator, we will also find out what happened in Nevada.

Its shaping up to be a great season, if the premiere is any indicator . . . but damn it is going to be hard to watch. It'll be worth it though. I don't think it is unfair to call Ray Donovan the best show on television right now. It is criminally underrated.

Also, not for nothing, as I mentioned earlier, this is the first major character who has been killed off. That is kind of amazing when you think about it. In the era of Game of Thrones, anyone can die television, prestige dramas seem to be loaded with constant cast shakeups. For a show, that is essentially a mob drama, on premium cable to go five seasons without killing a single major character off, it is kind of unheard of these days.

Yeah, not sure what to think of Abby's death occurring off-screen. Since it hasn't been spelled out, I'm guessing we'll just see her in flashbacks? Which is fine because I enjoy seeing Abby, but at the same time, even with her cancer, I feel like there was still more that could be done with her. Now anything that could be would have to happen after her character is gone.

Side-note, glad that Teresa's still around. She and Bunchy will need all the support they can get right now.

Poor Bunchy can't decide what he wants to do with his life. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"