Life After People: The Series

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the previews for this on the History Channel? There was a two hour special 'Life After People' that was very interesting. I'll be curious to see what they can do with a tv series. Has anyone else seen the original special? Are you looking forward to the series?

Life After People: The Series
http://www.history.com/minisites/life_after_people

SERIES PREMIERE: TUESDAY APRIL 21ST AT 10PM ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL!

Discuss.

:yay:

The original special was amazing.

The animations of the buildings falling and collapsing were also well done, they did a lot of great work on the show.

Saw a commercial for this the other day, but I thought it was just for a re-run, wasn't aware it was an entire series.

I couldn't believe how well done the special was. There was so much detail!

Synopsis

Life After People: The Series begins in the moments after people disappear. As each day, month, and year passes, the fate of a particular environment, city or theme is disclosed. Special effects, combined with interviews from top experts in the fields of engineering, botany, biology, geology, and archeology provide an unforgettable visual journey through the ultimately hypothetical.

As modern metropolises like new york, los angeles, chicago and washington dc are ravaged by nature; the series exposes the surprising insights about how they function today. Basing this futuristic world on the surprising history of real locations, already abandoned by man, like a century-old shack in the arctic and an abandoned island that was once the most densely populated place on earth are featured in the series.

In every episode, viewers will witness the epic destruction of iconic structures and buildings, from the sears tower, astrodome, and chrysler building to the sistine chapel - - allowing viewers to learn how they were built and why they were so significant. Big ben will stop ticking within days; the international space station will plummet to earth within a few short years, while historic objects, like the declaration of independence and the mummified remains of king tutankhamen will remain for decades.

The series will also explore the creatures that might take our place. With humans gone, animals will inherit the places where we once lived. Elephants that escape from the la zoo will thrive in a region once dominated by their ancestors, the wooly mammoth. Alligators will move into sub-tropical cities like houston feeding off household pets. Tens of thousands of hogs, domesticated for food, will flourish. In a world without people, new stories of predators, survival and evolution will emerge.

Humans won't be around forever, and now we can see in detail, for the very first time, the world that will be left behind in life after people: The series.

Last edited:
The show was made a little more creepy by the visit to Pripyat. Nature definitely does what it wants.

It's just so weird to think about all of these wonderful discoveries that we have had and little to none of it will remain.

I remember them even talking about how our CDs and DVDs will deteriorate in fewer than 100 years. I thought they would last longer than that. Nothing will remain but what we've carved into stone.

Yeah, that was really surprising. All of our modern technology...and we cannot compete with stones.

Series debut TONIGHT!

There's never really anything on Tuesday nights, so I'll definitely tune in.

This won't happen for another 100 years correct? It's not going to be another thousand years, because by that time, Earth could be another Mars or another Venus or worse yet, part of the Solar System that doesn't exist anymore.

my dvr is set. can't wait for this. i watched something similar to this on one of the discovery-type channels a while back, really interesting.

Comes on at the same time as my guilty pleasure DEADLIEST WARRIOR so I'll have to catch it after midnight but yeah my DVR is set.

The sPecial got me thinking.

When I die, I want my head encased in amber, placed in a titanium safe, placed in a styrofoam cooler, placed in a cave in Death Valley. Very slow geological change there so I should last for a good long time until whatever evolves human level intelligence can clone a theme park out of me.

Anyone watching this series on the History channel. It started tonight and it seem very intriguing and fun. I absolutely love geeky shows like this and the History Channel has some of the best.

I continue to be amazed by how well this all is done!

What did everything think was the most interesting part?

Thanks for the merge I couldn't seem to find it. One of my favorite parts from last nights episode was the part about Human words still being spoken 50 years after people by parrots. That's nuts. It was even kind of creepy.

This looks cool. Hopefully, the History Channel starts putting full episodes of it online.

Thanks for the merge I couldn't seem to find it. One of my favorite parts from last nights episode was the part about Human words still being spoken 50 years after people by parrots. That's nuts. It was even kind of creepy.

That blew my mind! (You're right though, it is pretty creepy to think about!)

The thing I found the most amazing was that Houston is predicted to turn back into a swampland and the AstroDome is going to be a giant bat cave! I also didn't know about the 'immortality drive' on the Space Station. Why the heck isn't that drive on the moon or somewhere on earth? To me, it seemed quite obvious that the Space Station could return back to earth if no one was here to keep it up. You know?

This looks cool. Hopefully, the History Channel starts putting full episodes of it online.

I don't know if full episodes will be available online, but they do have an episode guide where you can view pictures and extended scenes from the show.

That blew my mind! (You're right though, it is pretty creepy to think about!)

The thing I found the most amazing was that Houston is predicted to turn back into a swampland and the AstroDome is going to be a giant bat cave! I also didn't know about the 'immortality drive' on the Space Station. Why the heck isn't that drive on the moon or somewhere on earth? To me, it seemed quite obvious that the Space Station could return back to earth if no one was here to keep it up. You know?
Yea the Astrodome thing was pretty cool. It's amazing that the presence of one animal can in turn bring in so many others. Pretty cool stuff. I can't wait for the rest of this series. I have been excited for it for quite some time

why do ppl still threaten us about stuff not bio-degrading? according to this show, NOTHING is left.

I don't know if full episodes will be available online, but they do have an episode guide where you can view pictures and extended scenes from the show.
I don't have cable, so online viewing is my only option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"