Comics Limbo X-Men Team

Xplicit Content said:
I haven't been back in the game long enough to even know what characters have been in limbo, but I just wanted to co-sign everyone who says Husk. That's one character that most definately needs to make a comeback.

I totally agree. I wonder what they plan on doing with her? Apart from a recent New X-Men cameo, and the odd appearances in Uncanny X-Men since she's come back to stay in the mansion. We have soo many unanswered question about her...

-like the state of her relationship with Angel.

-how she feels about living with Ange's ressurrected ex girlfriend Psylocke.

-how she & cannonball are dealing with Icarus's wings being chopped off.

-What happeneded to Melody & Jebediah? Were they killed on the bus explosion?

What we really need, and its been long overdue is a Guthrie family miniseries.

My idea for a plot would have a villain interested in genetics, say Mr. Sinister or the Dark Beast. Seeking to find answers to M-Day kidnaped the Guthrie clan for experimentation, I mean they have produced 5 mutant children, which more then warrants an excuse to examine them for answers into finding the key of the X-Gene, and possibley re-mutate the world. Imagine a classic panel with Lucinda Guthrie pulling her shotgun out onto Mr. Sinister and saying 'Leave Ma Kid's Alone'.....priceless.

your right where are allthe guthries and what do they think of the whole wings being clipped thing.

Cyclops (because he thee ultimate team leader)
NorthStar
Forge
X-man
Storm (even though i don't like her so much)
Wolverine (can't die and, pretty much just bad ass)

X-Man is dead, we've said this already, and Marvel has said there are NO plans to ever bring him back.

also cyclops wolverine and storm aren't in limbo.

AnnoyingSilence said:
Cyclops (because he thee ultimate team leader)
NorthStar
Forge
X-man
Storm (even though i don't like her so much)
Wolverine (can't die and, pretty much just bad ass)

limbo team, not a regular team of popular X-men

Northstar, Cecilia Reyes, Domino, X-Man (I know he's dead), Aurora, and Sunspot.

AnnoyingSilence said:
X-man isn't dead. Hes just a form of energy

And soo's the 616 universe's Proteous, but you don't here people going on about him.

when you are just a form of energy , your'e dead.

FieryBalrog said:
limbo team, not a regular team of popular X-men
ok:

X-man
Forge
Random (get rid of the b.s. kid thing)
QuickSilver
Shola
and MeltDown

ghost113 said:
when you are just a form of energy , your'e dead.
actually your alive until a force absorbs you. Or yoru dispursed.

Which neither one was announced(from what i remember). X-man exists only in that deminsion and only as the world(itself).

But i don't have the comics on me, so you'll have to clarify that in a image post.

Shola's depowered.

Meltdown isn't in Limbo, she's in Nextwave.

Maggot, Longshot, Marrow, Chamber, Husk, Angel, Jubilee, Forge, Cecilia Reyes, Mimic, Mirage, Bedlam, Adam X, Deathbird, Magma, Caliban, Risque, Northstar AND Aurora, Shard, Greystone, Archer, Fixx, Random, Wildchild, X-Man, Threnody, Ricochet(from Slingers) Dusk(from Slingers) Synch, Skin, Beef(original Hellions) and Banshee

so. what are the titles for this 'limbo'? So i can get in on this.

AnnoyingSilence said:
so. what are the titles for this 'limbo'? So i can get in on this.

limbo = X-characters who are basically sitting around somewhere unused.

OutcryX said:
Maggot, Longshot, Marrow, Chamber, Husk, Angel, Jubilee, Forge, Cecilia Reyes, Mimic, Mirage, Bedlam, Adam X, Deathbird, Magma, Caliban, Risque, Northstar AND Aurora, Shard, Greystone, Archer, Fixx, Random, Wildchild, X-Man, Threnody, Ricochet(from Slingers) Dusk(from Slingers) Synch, Skin, Beef(original Hellions) and Banshee

a bunch of those are dead or depowered.

Synchs dead, Skins dead, X-man's merged with the planet so basically dead, Banshee's dead, Jube's and Chamber are depowered, not sure about the rest. Oh and Northstars a zombie or something.

OutcryX said:

Maggot - DEAD
Longshot - IN EXILES
Marrow - DEPOWERED
Chamber - DEPOWERED
Jubilee - DEPOWERED...but will be appearing in Wolverine
Cecila Reyes - DEAD
Mimic - DEPOWERED
Mirage - DEPOWERED
Bedlam - DEAD
Adam X - FORBIDDEN TO BE WRITTEN ABOUT
Magma - IN THE 198
Caliban - IN THE 198...will also be in Civil War
Risque - DEAD
Northstar - will be appearing in X-Men
Shard - DEAD...or technically not even born yet.
Greystone – DEAD
Random – IN THE 198
Wildchild – DEPOWERED
X-Men – DEAD
Threnody – DEAD
Ricochet – MEMBER OF EXCELSIOR
Dusk – NOT A MUTANT...and technically dead.
SYNCH – DEAD
SKIN – DEAD
BEEF – DEAD
BANSHEE – DEAD

COME ON OUTCRY!!! LIMBO CHARACTERS!!! Not dead ones with no chance over ever returning.

I mean BEEF???? He was only ever in 3 comic 16 years ago and then killed. Do you really think they'd ever bring him back.

*Revised* thanks to Chamber_UK and Sebita

Shard (co leader),
Exodus (co leader)
Lifeguard
Red Lotus
Archer
Fixx
Aurora
Warlock
Prodigy(Exselsior?? might as well be in Limbo)
Mondo
Penance
Gaia

...and since WHEN was Shard dead??? She is a Photonic being!! even after her second human form was destroyed..she went back to being photonic...she isnt Dead.....and in the Marvel Universe DEAD IS LIMBO. Because death NEVER is permanent. And I will put whoever I want on my team that I want, dead or depowered. I'll just write a breath taking 76 part Maxi series on how whoever I want got their powers back...and Beef had a cool name dammit. do not belittle my posts.

OutcryX said:
*Revised* thanks to Chamber_UK and Sebita

Shard (co leader),
Exodus (co leader)
Lifeguard
Red Lotus
Archer
Fixx
Aurora
Warlock
Prodigy(Exselsior?? might as well be in Limbo)
Mondo
Penance
Gaia

...and since WHEN was Shard dead??? She is a Photonic being!! even after her second human form was destroyed..she went back to being photonic...she isnt Dead.....and in the Marvel Universe DEAD IS LIMBO. Because death NEVER is permanent. And I will put whoever I want on my team that I want, dead or depowered. I'll just write a breath taking 76 part Maxi series on how whoever I want got their powers back...and Beef had a cool name dammit. do not belittle my posts.

Dead isn't limbo, you're free to put whoever you want on your team, but if its a limbo team it means characters in limbo, not dead characters... it doesn't become a team of limbo members.

And death is sometimes permament, its only impermanent for A-listers and sometimes B-listers, wheres Thunderbird I, hm? 30 years and no sign of him.

Shard died (as a photonic being) in Bishop: The Last X-Men #14. After she had cut off her own photonic arm to escape Trevor Fitzroy. She then turned into pure photonic energy and forced a weakend Bishop to absorb her, so that he had enough energy to fire at Fitzroy. The process however killed her.

Okay, i agree with you that Marvel tends to have a habit of bring dead characters back from the dead.

BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME AS LIMBO!!!!

Limbo is alive and and not being used. We don't actually physically mean in the land of Limbo, but a metaphorical state of limbo. Dead is, well dead, with the possibility existing for them to be brought back to life if Marvel editors allow it.

However there is a huge difference between characters like Pyslocke and Colossus being ressurected, then characters like Beef killed over 16 years ago and having hardly any characterisation before he was killed.

Also since M-Day, the Marvel world now has a very limited number of mutant characters they use. And they did this on purpose to get rid of two dimensional characters and STOP new pointless mutants from being created.

I'm not trying to belittle you man. Serious its nothing personal...

But I am belittling your posts. THERE ABSURD!!! Come on since when has there EVER been an X-Men team with more then 10 active members, with half of the members currently either dead, depowered, and not even mutants...

We've got more chance of Sebita's suggestion of Bulbasaur joing an X-Team.

Chamber_UK said:
Shard died (as a photonic being) in Bishop: The Last X-Men #14. After she had cut off her own photonic arm to escape Trevor Fitzroy. She then turned into pure photonic energy and forced a weakend Bishop to absorb her, so that he had enough energy to fire at Fitzroy. The process however killed her.

Okay, i agree with you that Marvel tends to have a habit of bring dead characters back from the dead.

BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME AS LIMBO!!!!

Limbo is alive and and not being used. We don't actually physically mean in the land of Limbo, but a metaphorical state of limbo. Dead is, well dead, with the possibility existing for them to be brought back to life if Marvel editors allow it.

However there is a huge difference between characters like Pyslocke and Colossus being ressurected, then characters like Beef killed over 16 years ago and having hardly any characterisation before he was killed.

Also since M-Day, the Marvel world now has a very limited number of mutant characters they use. And they did this on purpose to get rid of two dimensional characters and STOP new pointless mutants from being created.

I'm not trying to belittle you man. Serious its nothing personal...

But I am belittling your posts. THERE ABSURD!!! Come on since when has there EVER been an X-Men team with more then 10 active members, with half of the members currently either dead, depowered, and not even mutants...

We've got more chance of Sebita's suggestion of Bulbasaur joing an X-Team.

hmmm...lets try when the books split into two...X-Men and Uncanny X-Men Gold team for Uncanny, Blue team for X-Men. Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Colossus, Psylocke, Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Bishop, Archangel, Iceman, and Beast...12 active members....and a lineup that became definitive of the 90s.

When I said dead and limbo are the same...i did not mean literal...quit being oversensitive. However in Marvel, characters that are dead and characters in Limbo can both be reintroduced at any point and anytime. Beef was a throwaway who I happened to like and thought had a cool name..therefore I used him.

Also, when Bishop absorbed his sister, Shard and blasted her at Fitzroy, he missed, sending her into a time portal...Shard was a bieng of energy at that point and we all know energy is neither created or destroyed...She can very well still be alive. Her death was never confirmed.

and None of the dead mutants mentioned...except Beef...are pointless mutants! They all have rich backgrounds and potential.

FieryBalrog said:
Dead isn't limbo, you're free to put whoever you want on your team, but if its a limbo team it means characters in limbo, not dead characters... it doesn't become a team of limbo members.

And death is sometimes permament, its only impermanent for A-listers and sometimes B-listers, wheres Thunderbird I, hm? 30 years and no sign of him.

give it time. Thunderbird will be back. Bucky is back...it only took him...oh..say..60 years..but he is back..cool character...but shoulda stayed dead...Jason Todd is back too...yet another cool character...but shoulda stayed dead

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"