Live-Action DBZ Set to Shoot in Montreal

DarkSuperman

Sidekick
Reaction score
Live-Action DBZ Set to Shoot in Montreal
Shooting will begin shortly for 20th Century Fox's upcoming live-action adaptation of Dragonball Z. The budget for the film is estimated to be at least US$100 million. This will be one of three big-budget movies that Fox will film in Montreal over the fall and winter, along with a sequel to Ben Stiller's "A Night at the Museum" and a Roland Emerich remake of 1966's "Fantastic Voyage." Production work on all three films is expected to wrap up by July of next year. Source: Montreal Gazette

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-01/live-action-dbz-set-to-shoot-in-montreal

Hmmmmm, thats very interesting. I never thought I'd see the day a Live Action DBZ got made. Seems like there's been a resurgence of DB activity in the last few months, the fighting games are selling like hot cakes, Bandai has the Online gaming being developed, and now a Live Action movie? Were it not for all the money the products have been making I might be more inclined to doubt this story, but after viewing transformers I can see DBZ being real.

Hopefully, the cast will be amazing and the script will be amazing and tighten the story up for film audiences. Personally, I hope they cast Ray Park as Vegeta and maybe Christian Bale as Raditz. That would be a dream come true. :woot:

Very curious how this'll work out. Keep the japanese music! *cha-la head cha la* xD

Kamehamehaaa!!!!

gohan1.jpg

Very curious how this'll work out. Keep the japanese music! *cha-la head cha la* xD

Kamehamehaaa!!!!

gohan1.jpg

interesting picture. LOL

Anyway, I hope they do make this movie and stop playing with our emotions.

Too bad this is just some more news to an already dead film.
I forsee it still staying in development hell.

This should be interesting. But most likely not.

shame id love to see dbz on the big screen in the uk

Meh, as long as America gets the movie on the big screen I'm happy. Hopefully the casting choices will be good.

Please tell me that Stephen Chow is involved with the project. Or at least that the Wachowski brothers are handling the special effects. And who's writing the script ?

dragon ball z is an amazing sci fi epic at heart, especially the saiyan saga

i would like dragon ball z to be grounded in this kind of sci fi realism, without talking pigs and flying dragons, but would that piss of many of the hardcore fans?

No, someone like Hugh Jackman would make a much better Vegeta.

Ummmmm, actually no he really wouldn't be. Ray Park is a phenomenal martial artist with years of training. Not to mention he looks JUST like Vegeta. He's even somewhat short like him.

Now, I could live with Hugh Jackman being Goku. I've seen him in interviews and doing that Broadway show "The boy from Oz" His actual personality is much more fun loving and closer to Goku than it is Vegeta. I could definitely see him playing the lovable fool who when his family is threated becomes a straight up bad ass.

I'll tell you something else, I wouldn't mind seeing Christian Bale as Raditz! :woot:

dragon ball z is an amazing sci fi epic at heart, especially the saiyan saga

I would like dragon ball z to be grounded in this kind of sci fi realism, without talking pigs and flying dragons, but would that piss of many of the hardcore fans?

How are you going to have Dragonball Z without flying dragons? Ever heard of Shenlong the Eternal Dragon the dude who grants the wishes? However, I do see your point there is quite a bit that can be omitted for the sake of live action, such as Oolong, Puar, and those animal people that populate the DB World. However, then again...I'd like to see Bulma with Blue hair and some of the more eccentric oddities of the series.

I think it would make it stand out more from the average Sci Fi/Fantasy adventures Hollywood is crapping out. If Pirates of the Caribbean can have Sea People and a giant octopus, then DBZ can have a talking pig and a flying dragon.

This movie HAS to happen, I'll die if it doesn't. Ive waited for this for so long now. As for cutting characters, for sure cut Puar and Oolong. They barely contributed to DBZ at all. You pretty much have to keep shenlong if your going to even make wishes.
I can't really see Hugh Jackman playing Goku...Maybe just alittle. I wonder whose going to play Gohan or piccolo and what sagas they're going to do

This movie HAS to happen, I'll die if it doesn't. Ive waited for this for so long now. As for cutting characters, for sure cut Puar and Oolong. They barely contributed to DBZ at all. You pretty much have to keep shenlong if your going to even make wishes.
I can't really see Hugh Jackman playing Goku...Maybe just alittle. I wonder whose going to play Gohan or piccolo and what sagas they're going to do

Yeah you're right. Puar and Oolong are absolutely not needed, although I say characters like Yajirobe are good for comic relief.

Off the top of my head, my personal cast for this film would look something like.

Tom Welling as Goku
Wesley Snipes as Piccolo
Scarlett Johanssen as Bulma
Christian Bale as Radtiz
Goldberg as Nappa
Ray Park as Vegeta

I don't really know who I would get to play the other characters. :huh:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2007-09-01/live-action-dbz-set-to-shoot-in-montreal

Hmmmmm, thats very interesting. I never thought I'd see the day a Live Action DBZ got made. Seems like there's been a resurgence of DB activity in the last few months, the fighting games are selling like hot cakes, Bandai has the Online gaming being developed, and now a Live Action movie? Were it not for all the money the products have been making I might be more inclined to doubt this story, but after viewing transformers I can see DBZ being real.

Hopefully, the cast will be amazing and the script will be amazing and tighten the story up for film audiences. Personally, I hope they cast Ray Park as Vegeta and maybe Christian Bale as Raditz. That would be a dream come true. :woot:

R U KIDDING ME?! THEY REALLY R GONNA DO IT!?!?! OMFG!!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTIBLE!!!

KAAAAMEEEEEEE-HAAAAAMEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! *BLASTS FOX INTO OBLIVION!!!!!!!*

a naruto movie would be quite amazing but this is taking it far too far....

Tom Welling is my ideal Goku. Cillian Murphy IS Freiza.

You're going to die regardless :p

Yeah you're right. Puar and Oolong are absolutely not needed, although I say characters like Yajirobe are good for comic relief.

Off the top of my head, my personal cast for this film would look something like.

Tom Welling as Goku
Wesley Snipes as Piccolo
Scarlett Johanssen as Bulma
Christian Bale as Radtiz
Goldberg as Nappa
Ray Park as Vegeta

I don't really know who I would get to play the other characters. :huh:

Wesley Snipes would make a HORRIBLE Piccolo, not to mention he's going to jail so he wouldn't even be approached for this film in the first place. Someone like Michael Clarke Duncan would make a much better Piccolo.

I'm all for Tyler Mane as Broly if he can bulk up about 100 lbs.

The governer of California as Android 16! :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"