Fallout | Amazon Prime

First two episodes are really really good, that opening was perfect for a Fallout series and also its not exactly holding back in the violence and themes, everything with The Ghoul and Lucy is excellent, BOS is yet to really get me but it still has potential and I like they are set up as old school templar Knights and like religious sect.

Been a while since I played a Fallout game but this is easily one of the best Game-to-Live action things there has ever been, maybe not a high bar but was surprised just how hooked I was after the first episode. Goggins is awesome in this and glad he is getting a proper meaty role for once instead of just a bit part. Cant wait to see what comes next...

I had low expectations for this judging by Amazon's past adaptions but man I've played F3, New Vegas and F4 and this adaption is Dope AF
Goggins is just a master of his craft only 2 episodes in and can't wait to ignore all my adulting this weekend and binge the rest of it
not even bothering with reviews those guys are either grifting for views or they got no idea what fallout is

The Ghoul's first shoot out chefs kiss

Finished it
Amazing all the way through, the twists were... not all that surprising, yet still impactful
Goggins really is the s***

As opposed to the first episode though, the last few absolutely flew by... its gonna be a very long wait for Season 2
And I'm still baffled they didn't go week-to-week with this, could've been feasting for two months
Instead, its done, and in two weeks nobody will be talking about it anymore

Finished it
Amazing all the way through, the twists were... not all that surprising, yet still impactful
Goggins really is the s***

As opposed to the first episode though, the last few absolutely flew by... its gonna be a very long wait for Season 2
And I'm still baffled they didn't go week-to-week with this, could've been feasting for two months
Instead, its done, and in two weeks nobody will be talking about it anymore
haven't been following did they say why they choose this route? I too wish it was weekly to savor the episodes

haven't been following did they say why they choose this route? I too wish it was weekly to savor the episodes
Not sure but it's possible they might follow what The Boys did. 1st season of that show dropped at once, then future seasons did a 3 episode premier followed by weekly releases. But you'd think with the giant marketing push this show got, Amazon would be confident enough to do a weekly release from the get go.

Side note - Almost done; I got to episode 6 last night. Still enjoying it immensely and so far liking a lot of what I'm seeing. Gonna try to finish it up today.

Last edited:
Catching up on some non-FX shows, and been rewatching You're The Worst / The Leftovers between all of my movies...

Watched first 3 eps of Sugar last night, and plan to hit a few of these and Ripley this weekend. If the sun isn't too good in Portland.

The one thing they've managed to do is tastefully pay homage to the franchise as a whole. While the references are obvious, it's not forced. The setup is Fallout 4 combined with Thee and you hear kyle maclachlan refence the ending of Fallout 1. I even laughed at the Kid in the Fridge reference despite hating that quest

Finally finished this today and man what a great show this is. That last episode was a straight banger and pushed this to the top with TLOU as one of the greatest videogame adaptations ever made.

I knew Walton Goggins would steal the show, but I never expected to love his character as much as I did. So much swagger and badassery with The Ghoul and those shootouts were amazing.

Also, Maximus is definitely a better written version of Finn from the sequel trilogy. I'm not familiar with the actor at all but the guy killed it and its everything I wanted out of John Boyega in those movies.

Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for Season 2.

Finished the last two episodes and man, I loved it. Especially the finale. They need to greetlight the next season and start working on it asap, cause I dunno if I can wait 2+ years lol.

Random thoughts
* The games always treated it as a mystery as to who started dropping the bombs first. And granted it was something we never really needed an answer anway but I kinda dig the idea that it was Vault-Tech that orchrestrated the whole thing. They wanted to blow up the world for profit. And I guess based on the revelations about Hank and Vault 31, Vault-Tech is still around in some type of capacity which is kinda interesting.
* All the actors were great but Walton Goggins was the MVP of the show. I knew I was going to dig him leading up to the show but he had so many cool and endearing moments. From the conversation and mercy kill of Roger to the shoot out with the Brotherhood in the last episode.
* Curious to see how New Vegas plays into the 2nd season. Not sure if it's still intact or not, but would cool to see if it's up and running. I wonder if Mr House will get more airtime as well. I know sometimes people get touchy canonizing specific game endings but I hope we get to see him some type of capacity, even if it's just more flashbacks.
* Also kinda of surprising and commendable that they were able to get away without using Super Mutants or Deathclaws (besides the small nods to both). The season didn't need them as it had plenty going for it already but still surprised by their restraint to not use them. But I guess they'll be saving them for future seasons.

Last edited:
Really glad they stuck the landing on this season, everything came together so well in the final episode but throughout it was compelling to watch. Episode 4 was a standout but every one had great moments in it and Goggins was outstanding in the whole thing. Effects were very nice too which was something I was worried about but they kept things practical and cant think of any cheap shots the flying BOS ships always looked real.

Cant wait to see what another season would bring and the directions they could take it in. Bring on season 2 is all I can say.

I've played/watched someone play Fallout 2 // where does the show 'mainly' take place on the timeline of the games? Mind you, I've only seen 3 episodes.

Also enjoy how they manipulate the title card differently each episode.

I've played/watched someone play Fallout 2 // where does the show 'mainly' take place on the timeline of the games? Mind you, I've only seen 3 episodes.
2102 - Fallout 76
2161 - Fallout 1
2197 - Fallout Tactics
2241 - Fallout 2
2277 - Fallout 3
2281 - Fallout: New Vegas
2287 - Fallout 4
2296 - Fallout show (main/present day story)

DOPE.
2102 - Fallout 76
2161 - Fallout 1
2197 - Fallout Tactics
2241 - Fallout 2
2277 - Fallout 3
2281 - Fallout: New Vegas
2287 - Fallout 4
2296 - Fallout show (main/present day story)
Thanks, this is exactly how I label/name seasons of movies/tv series in Finder if they have a continuity.

Definitely also played New Vegas hungover once in college for a whole day with a friend.

Are fans happy this is a sequel and not just an adaptation of game one?

DOPE.

Thanks, this is exactly how I label/name seasons of movies/tv series in Finder if they have a continuity.

Definitely also played New Vegas hungover once in college for a whole day with a friend.

Are fans happy this is a sequel and not just an adaptation of game one?
I think generally most people are, I am at least. There's so much history and lore from the games, not to mention so much unexplored story points that it makes sense to tell a brand new story. Heck they could have gone back in time to the era of the first few games and I'd been fine with that as well.

I think generally most people are, I am at least. There's so much history and lore from the games, not to mention so much unexplored story points that it makes sense to tell a brand new story. Heck they could have gone back in time to the era of the first few games and I'd been fine with that as well.
I feel like it makes sense to do what they've done... more respectful.

I feel like it makes sense to do what they've done... more respectful.
Yeah, that is exactly what I was going to post in response to your question. It feels like a much better choice than the disgusting mess that is the Halo TV series. You can really tell that Jonah and the showrunners are real fans of the games.

Jonah has mentioned that in adapting a game to a show you need to be understanding of the differences between the mediums. Part of what makes the games work so well is the ability to create your own story. Adapting a specific game overrules that, where as telling a new story in the Fallout world shows a love for the world as well as the idea of creating your own story therein.

I didn’t realise this was already out. Starting now, heard good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"