Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin confirmed for 2012

Eh, I really don't like anime, but I was forced to watch Samurai X when I was in college and remember liking it.

At least it's going to be Japanese
Should I assume it would be nothing like the first ova?

I would assume that it's going to follow the manga. At least that would be my approach, with the duel with Jin-e serving as the climax.

New Images from the set of Rurouni Kenshin

JCVZh.jpg
8eBEm.jpg
8eBEm.jpg
xVqiV.jpg
XA5kB.jpg

This is looking really good so far. The website is also up with Kenshin in "Battousai" wardrobe. This is looking really good. Kudos to Warner Brothers on this so far.

Official Website

Last edited:
I'm really intrigued by this. I really hope that this and the upcoming Rurouni Kenshin OVA do decently showing that there's continued interest in the franchise. I was told that if the new OVA does well, Sony is looking at going back to the anime series and do the Jinchu arc of the manga properly.

EDIT: Just read that the staff involved with the movie are aiming to have it released internationally! Really hope that this happens :)

Last edited:
At least it's going to be Japanese
Should I assume it would be nothing like the first ova?

Most likely. The actual Rurouni Kenshin series is a lot more light-hearted than the gloomy and depressing OVAs. And based on the pictures, it's looking like it's based more off the manga and anime series than the OVAs.

I was told that if the new OVA does well, Sony is looking at going back to the anime series and do the Jinchu arc of the manga properly.

This needs to happen. The anime was really good until it lost itself in filler land. Understandably so because the manga wasn't complete but having them finish it out like they did with Inuyasha: Final Act would definitely give closure to a great series.

This needs to happen. The anime was really good until it lost itself in filler land. Understandably so because the manga wasn't complete but having them finish it out like they did with Inuyasha: Final Act would definitely give closure to a great series.

Just sucks that Sony decided to do the OVA instead of going back to the anime :(. Oh well.

Just sucks that Sony decided to do the OVA instead of going back to the anime :(. Oh well.

It isn't even an OVA of the Jinchuu arc either but instead they're redoing the Kyoto arc which doesn't really need to be redone seeing as the anime already covered that ground pretty splendidly if you ask me.

You'd think they'd do an OVA of the Jinchuu arc seeing as we never got a proper adaption. Sigh. Maybe if this new OVA does well like you mentioned they'll do Jinchuu next? At least I hope they will...

It isn't even an OVA of the Jinchuu arc either but instead they're redoing the Kyoto arc which doesn't really need to be redone seeing as the anime already covered that ground pretty splendidly if you ask me.
EXACTLY!

You'd think they'd do an OVA of the Jinchuu arc seeing as we never got a proper adaption. Sigh. Maybe if this new OVA does well like you mentioned they'll do Jinchuu next? At least I hope they will...
We already got two OVAs covering the Jinchu arc. While Trust and Betrayal was fantastic, Reflection was just far too depressing for something that should be light hearted. A new anime series is really the only way to properly do Jinchu.

Also, one of the customers at the comic book shop I go to works in the anime industry. He went into all sorts of detail on how poorly voice actors are, how ADV went under, how much work manga artists have to do with so little pay, and brought up that if the new Kenshin OVA does well, they'll look into going back to the anime to properly adapt the Jinchu arc.

Also, one of the customers at the comic book shop I go to works in the anime industry. He went into all sorts of detail on how poorly voice actors are, how ADV went under, how much work manga artists have to do with so little pay, and brought up that if the new Kenshin OVA does well, they'll look into going back to the anime to properly adapt the Jinchu arc.

Yeah it's pretty sad how the mangakas are treated by their publishers.

EXACTLY!

We already got two OVAs covering the Jinchu arc. While Trust and Betrayal was fantastic, Reflection was just far too depressing for something that should be light hearted. A new anime series is really the only way to properly do Jinchu.

The entire way it was handled was a bit haphazardly. They removed some of the best stuff from the Jinchuu arc just to condense the entire thing into the allocated time of the OVA. You're completely right that the only way that the arc can get proper treatment would be in a series format. I don't think it would be asking for much to have a 26 episode adaptation like Final Act.

I know I'll support the new OVA and the movie to show them that there is an interest in the series. I mean if there's a demand and people show interest I really think they should go for it.

Trailer for the new OVA, due to be screened this year in theaters

[YT]STh1zljsEdU[/YT]

I'm going to be watching this closely.

Trailer for the new OVA, due to be screened this year in theaters

[YT]STh1zljsEdU[/YT]

Nice find! :up:

Well one things for certain the animation looks crisp, clean and quite fluid. I seriously can't wait.

That looks pretty damn good.

Hope we get a better sense of the scope of it all in the next trailer but for what was shown I can't say I'm disappointed.

That looks pretty damn good.

Hope we get a better sense of the scope of it all in the next trailer but for what was shown I can't say I'm disappointed.

Of all the animes I've watched, I always thought that this wouldn't work. Not sure why though. Especially since this good so far. Can't wait :)

I always thought Kenshin was one of the easier ones to adapt. So far everything is looking great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"