Live-Action Rurouni Kenshin confirmed for 2012

I watched 20 something minutes a week or so ago and I found similar problems. It doesn't feel cohesive and it starts very abruptly. While the animation isn't bad I always preferred Studio Gallop's style a lot more and was a bit disappointed to hear Studio Deen was in charge of this OVA.

This OVA quite frankly seems pointless. Sort of frustrating actually. I'll still finish watching it because I should watch it in its entirety before completely judging it but so far it just hasn't done much for me.

Robing us completely of his fight with Saitou. What a mess.

Pointless change.

Robing us completely of his fight with Saitou. What a mess.

Pointless change.

So many pointless changes. Kenshin hasn't even met Okina yet and he has been defeated by Aoishi already. Sanosuke hasn't mastered the Futae no Kiwami yet and he's in Kyoto. Kaoru and Yahiko meet Kenshin in Kyoto, they already encountered Hiko and yet Kenshin hasn't.

And of course, I just can't wrap my mind around Shishio's sex scene. He's going off how he's going to overthrow the government all while ****ing Yumi. And he's still wrapped in bandages! Even around his legs, how does that even work!

The only change I find myself liking is that Misao witnessing Okina almost getting killed being more graphic.

So many pointless changes. Kenshin hasn't even met Okina yet and he has been defeated by Aoishi already. Sanosuke hasn't mastered the Futae no Kiwami yet and he's in Kyoto. Kaoru and Yahiko meet Kenshin in Kyoto, they already encountered Hiko and yet Kenshin hasn't.
Ugh. It's going to be really hard for me to watch the rest of this. If they were going to make all these changes they might as well have started from the Tokyo arc.

Better yet they could have done a more canonical adaptation of the Jinchuu arc instead of this.

And of course, I just can't wrap my mind around Shishio's sex scene. He's going off how he's going to overthrow the government all while ****ing Yumi. And he's still wrapped in bandages! Even around his legs, how does that even work!
It was sort of funny. :funny:

I thought it was always implied pretty well that she and Shishio had sex. I agree that it just came off in poor taste though. It's one of those things better left unseen. Had to skip to that scene after reading the comments on it. People were mocking it.

The only change I find myself liking is that Misao witnessing Okina almost getting killed being more graphic.
Haven't got there but that sounds like change with a purpose.

Last edited:
Ugh. It's going to be really hard for me to watch the rest of this. If they were going to make all these changes they might as well have started from the Tokyo arc.

Better yet they could have done a more canonical adaptation of the Jinchuu arc instead of this.
Hopefully they will get to that.

It was sort of funny. :funny:

I thought it was always implied pretty well that she and Shishio had sex. I agree that it just came off in poor taste though. It's one of those things better left unseen. Had to skip to that scene after reading the comments on it. People were mocking it.
I think both the anime and manga flat out say that Shishio and Yumi had sex. And besides, the concept of a sex scene between Shishio and Yumi isn't a terrible one, the problem lies that this one was just terrible. It looked goofy with Shishio's dialogue and keeping the bandages on.

The idea of Usui trying to attack Shishio when he's at his most vulnerable (while making love to Yumi without the bandages mind you) is actually a pretty ****ing awesome idea. It's such a shame that they botched it up so horribly.

Haven't got there but that sounds like change with a purpose.
Yeah, this one really works. Makes the scene more traumatic for Misao IMO.

I'll probably finish it out sometime this week. Maybe part 2 will be better handled.

I was worried for a second there.. I thought you guys were talking about new movie details until I read closer lol.

Oh yeah, and they also gave lyrics to Kimi wa dare wo mamotte iru

EDIT: I also just watched some guy's review on it. I loved how he ended it with: "Oh, I almost forgot. There's a sex scene in this OVA. It involves Shishio, a bed, and Usui....I'm not kidding."

Last edited:
I started watching Rurouni Kenshin a couple of years ago, but never got around to finishing it, for some reason. What I've seen of this movie so far looks impressive. It's making me want to finish what I started. :woot:

Thanks for the advice! Was the third season when they started doing their own thing, like you were all talking about earlier in the thread?

Thanks for the advice! Was the third season when they started doing their own thing, like you were all talking about earlier in the thread?

Yeah, the anime caught up with the book and since they had nothing to go on, they just did their own thing.

Now the second half of the first season also had similar filler, the Tokyo arc in the Rurouni Kenshin manga is very, very short afterall. But the filler in season three is just so god awful.

Good to know. Maybe anime companies should wait until a manga is completed before they start adapting it. It seems like every show that doesn't wait ends up drifting into awful filler territory.

That trailer is better than the first. I'm excited.

Shin Kyoto Hen Part 2 is even worse than the first part!

- The final battle is on the Rengoku, not Mt. Hiei

- Kenshin kills Shishio by splitting his head open.

- The government destroys the Rengoku, not Sanosuke.

- Yumi remains on the burning and sinking Rengoku, holding Shishio's corpse.

- Kenshin defeats both Shishio and Aoshi easily. He even beats Aoshi while having Shishio's sword in him!

I wonder how long it'll take some company to import and sub it... maybe Magnet, they released 13 Assassins.

I watched it last week. It was alright. They took several stories from the beginning of the manga and smushed them together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"