World Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Its Superman because he "simbolizes" the best humankind has to offer. He doesn`t call himself that. If somebody, any human, uses their gift for the good of mankind, he has the soul of Superman.

Plus, He always says "People call me Superman". He doesnt think of himself above people. Lex Luthor does.

Superman is different than "Superior man"....

Totally agreed.

And I always think that it's good to compare him to Batman in that way.

Batman is sending a message to criminals with his symbol. It is showing them that they aren't above the law, that they can't get away with everything scott free, and that they should be afraid.

Superman is sending a message to the people. It is showing them that there truly are good people in the world, who dedicate their lives to helping people. It is showing them that they should hope, and that miracles can happen, and that they shouldn't live in fear. That not everyone is selfish and greedy and distrusting, and they can be better than that too.

I love Lois and Clark for really pushing elements of the story where you actually see the effect Superman has on the public. If people start to see him in a bad light, they start to loose their faith. They need that untouchable image to look up too.

And the fact is, a man can do that with or without powers. Kind of like Kick Ass. You can still inspire people.

This show is very outdated... I watch the pilot last night and was bored to death.

I think the best think right now for the superman franchise is to reboot this tv show. End Smallville. Do a brand new TV series that reboots the Superman franchise... maybe do 2-3 seasons... and then use the same principal actors for a feature film.

I just got Season one at best buy a few days ago for$20!,They have a lot of $20 for DC stuff including Smallville,I can't find the rest of the seasons and did not even know it was out on DVD But I've been looking for years!.

When it first came out I was a kid,And I thought it was amazing,Now.....I realize there's much silly stuff and very questionable writing along with pretty weak/low-budget special effects even for a 90's tv show and I think Cain's Superman was not all that great from character to look.

But I think there was plenty of good moments!,I think Cain did great with the Kent part and Hatcher was an alright Lane with the rest of the cast doing amazing for White/Jimmy/Cat/Ma&Pa Kent and Luthor.

I can't agree with this series being better than Smallville at all,But I can't say that it was so horrible either!,I still have fond memories of it and I feel they did a pretty decent job with what they had,I was&am pleased as a Huge Superman fan and I will happily have it in my collection.

I enjoyed this tv series alot. I was one of my favorite shows to watch (when it was on the air).

I've started rewatching the seasons again. Season 1 still stands out as one of my favorites. Love all the undercover episodes. Particularly the one, where Lois becomes a Chorus Girl.

I used to watch this show back in the 90s. Never got the urge to watch it again. Never got into Smallville, either. I'd rather watch the Superman movies.

Started rewatching the series a few weeks ago. While a lot of it feels very very dated, it still has a great charm to it and was a great Superman series.

Watching this show again
The giddy smile on my face as result to that, priceless :D

I love the moment in the pilot episode after Jonathan Kent seeing Kal-El in suit for the first time, Jonathan and Martha both look at him as if they want to joke about how hard it will be to recognize Clark

You guys should read up on the history of Lois & Clark, it's quite fascinating.

For a start, it was created to kill off the Superboy TV show and get Superman back into Warner Bros.' hands. Second, it was originally titled Lois Lane's Daily Planet, and the focus was on her more than anything else. When it eventually made it to TV, it did poorly in the ratings and was almost cancelled, so at the start of the second season more action was put into the show. This didn't help the ratings either, but then it was discovered that audiences liked the Lois/Clark sexual tension, so that became the main part of the show. Eventually constant tease of them getting together and getting married annoyed viewers. A fifth season was due to be made, but cancelled at the last minute, in part because Warners wanted another Superman movie.

I think Dean Cain is really underrated as Clark/Superman.

John Shea was pretty good as Lex Luthor, the first season was the best season of the series . Mind ya Tempest was also a downright brilliant villain in Luthor's place.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of this series. It got the Daily Planet staff and dynamic perfectly. Lane Smith is my favorite Perry White. Dean Cain did the best interpretation of Clark Kent I've seen. His Superman wasn't as good but was till effective. Teri Hatcher was the perfect choice for Lois.

i thought the first season was especially strong. It was still enjoyable after that, but it got a little too weird too, like with the Lois clone stuff. Still, this was a very charming take on Superman.

John Shea was pretty good as Lex Luthor, the first season was the best season of the series . Mind ya Tempest was also a downright brilliant villain in Luthor's place.

Season One was fantastic, its kind of ironic that the showrunner for Season 1 wasn't a comic book person yet when she left the show dropped in quality from S2 onwards.

I'm a big fan of this series. It got the Daily Planet staff and dynamic perfectly. Lane Smith is my favorite Perry White. Dean Cain did the best interpretation of Clark Kent I've seen. His Superman wasn't as good but was till effective. Teri Hatcher was the perfect choice for Lois.

i thought the first season was especially strong. It was still enjoyable after that, but it got a little too weird too, like with the Lois clone stuff. Still, this was a very charming take on Superman.

Yeah Cain's Clark was fantastic, it was Clark right out of the Byrne comic books. Lois was brilliant too.

Season 1 was best. Then the quality of it dropped off in season 2 onwards.

Completely agree about Dean Cain being the best Clark. He was kind of similar in some ways to the animated series.

Dean Cain was my favourite live action Clark (well in terms of a Clark who was also Superman at the time) until Tyler Hoechlin who to me nailed both sides of the character.

Hi everyone

I know I'm late I just found about this forum these days.
Lois and Clark was the greates show of all time despite the lousy effect in the beginning IMO. well my favorite Superman is obviously the legendary Christopher Reeve but Dean Cain was the best Clark Kent hands down he looked like Dean in the real life he has the same personality and everything which made him so lickable and perfect (at leat the Cain of the 90's not what he became in the 00's a scumbag and Liar who's ready to do anything for money which is sad and unbelievable it's hard for me because I had a big crush on him I loved, admired and respect him so much and now I don't recognize him and he kinda ruined my favorite show off all time, minus when he's with Teri he go back to old real Dean and it's adorable and priceless they never got each other, I don't know what happened to him although I have an idea) and Teri Hatcher by far was the greatest and the sexiest Lois Lane. They remain the best Lois and Clark to this day.
I liked Landes as Jimmy and I had hard time with Justin but he grew on me he was cute and funny and can't see another one playing Jimmy olsen.
Lane Smith was the best Perry white in hostory I mean he is Perry White and No one could ever replace him, Same for the Kents they were amazing the best parents that anyone could ask for. Lex Luthor was awesome John Shea did a quit amazing he's my favorite along with Tempus Lane Davies was brilliant "Duuh" :funny:)
This show has the best cast and the best storylines.
Back to Cain his superman was not that great he was cheesy not charismatique, he sucked a bit there was no difference between Clark and him and it bothered me a lot, he wasn't built to play that role but he was the sexiest with the hottest ass and nipples :woot::drl: and he had the best suit .
I know that many people didn't like seasons 3 and 4 but for me they were great and almost the best apart the unmatched chemistry between them (it's still there now) because of what was going on between Dean and Teri they had affair till the end of the show and believe it or not they were living their beautiful love story through the show the reality took over the fiction, many scenes were D and T more than Lois and Clark, we were following a real love story and it was beautiful we all were waiting every next episode impatiently to know what is going to happen (in their lives, I have proofs, every single detail) it was too emotional, sad in some moment because the pain was real they had to broke up because of many big issues and their sadness and desperation was showing through the episodes it became more the adventures of Dean and Teri than Lois and Clark. They were about to get married and things didn't went as planned in the ends they even changed some scripts of the last episodes especially in the last episode. 21 years later we still hope they get together and knowing the truth if he's the father of Teri's daughter.
I never liked Smalville neither SR Tom wasn't a good actor and Routh a bad version of Reeve.
I still rewatch the show but as I said Cain ruined it me so I can't really rewatch the whole show I can't really stand him anymore and it breaks my heart.
Anyway he said he's working to get a revival and Teri is in but I can't see him wearing the suit again with that gross body of his,he neglect himself it's deplorable. I don't think work out will help :sigh::(

Sorry for the long post I had to write my opinion with honesty.

Last edited:
Teri was married to actor Jon Tenney during the time LOIS AND CLARK was being made. They had a baby together the year it ended.

I met Lane Smith at the Superman Festival in Metropolis, Illinois in 1996 or 1997....he told the crowd that the show ended because Teri wanted to leave the show.

Teri was married to actor Jon Tenney during the time LOIS AND CLARK was being made. They had a baby together the year it ended.

I met Lane Smith at the Superman Festival in Metropolis, Illinois in 1996 or 1997....he told the crowd that the show ended because Teri wanted to leave the show.

I know she was married but if she wasn't happy her marriage was a big fail (i think you haven't read her book where she talked about her lousy failed marriage it didn't work from the beginning or you've never seen any of her itw where she talked how se suffered and she was miserable with Jon he was an ******* with her :/ ) she was dating Dean in the beginning then she got married and she had an affair with him till the end of the show everyone knew it even Justin said in interview they were dating back then. it's too long to explain but even summer they spend some holidays together when Teri was filming a movie in another city without Jon who let her down, Dean was with her. No one knows the truth about the real father they were together when she got pregnant and according to she said one in an itw she wasn't sleeping with her husband back then. Dean was the first to know before even her so called husband and asked her to take a pregnancy and from then things get worse. They were about to get married he showed the ring on set and to some fans outside the set but Dean's mum didn't like Teri and with her pregnancy she was scared of the scandal. we had contacts inside the set and friends with Dean's bro Roger. Even Deborah Joy Levine and others producers used to gave us some juicy staff about them in itws and live chats especially on their make out scenes. I guess you weren't around back then or few years after.

And No the show ended because ABC TPTB wanted to cancel it to save another show when TNT wanted to buy it and continue to airing it. Teri's pregnancy was just a false excuse. Once again I think you weren't around back there. Both were so depressed and heartbroken when the show was cancelled and broke up. Dean's friend said he has never saw him that depressed and Teri same. I have articles I don't know why Dean keep lying about it, he changed a lot anyway) Poor Teri many people think it's her fault :/

I'm a huge fan of the show since 93, Dean and Teri are my world, I dedicated my life them to their story because I've never seen such a beautiful and romantic love story and 2 people so deeply in love it touched my heart and soul forever. I can't tell you for sure this all true (they are some proofs) and it was all over the tabloids and magazines back then even if they kept denying everything.

Seeing as how I am 61 years old and watched the show from it's first airing....I guess I WAS around back then. They may be your world.....but they aren't mine. I like them both as actors, watch a lot of their stuff....but I don't obsess over them. I dedicate my life to my wife, daughter, and family.....not a couple of actors.

I don't know if John Shea really suited the bald look. Some people seem to wear it better than others. Maybe if he had shaved his head for real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"