DC TV Series Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Primal Slayer, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

[​IMG]

Decided to rewatch this series today and while it is REALLY aged, still hasnt lost the charm. Dean Cain/Teri hatcher really were perfectly cast back in the day.

It is really sad that they dropped Cat Grant, recast Jimmy (though he was way to hot and did look like Clark), and had to lose Lex Luthor after the 1st season.

Even though Lex isnt bald...the actor who plays him was so good that it made up for the difference.

Overall great origin story for Superman as a hero, Clark as a reporter, and the relationship between Lois and Clark.

#1 Primal Slayer, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Dark Raven and Bruce Wayne like this.
  2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

While this version of the cosutme is only used twice in the first season...seeing some man chest was nice for a change.
    [​IMG]

3. Fincher Coming Undone

Yeah, Lois & Clark was good. The relationship between the two leads made the show; Dean Cain is still my favorite Superman, and I always liked Teri as Lois.

To be honest, I thought the original Jimmy was a bit too mature and failed to stand out, while Justin Whalin gave him a more youthful demeanor. It would have been better if he'd been cast from the start, though. I did like Cat.

Primal Slayer likes this.
  4. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I agree. 2nd Jimmy was a lot more Jimmy. But he also got more to do. OG Jimmy would've made a good Conner had the character existed back then.

5. Bruce Wayne has danced with the devil in the pale moonlight

The casting of this show is second to no other, imo. Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher still stand as my favourite Superman and Lois Lane, respectively. John Shea is also my favourite live-action iteration of Lex Luthor, and perhaps my favourite portrayal overall. And that's not even mentioning Lane Smith as Perry White.

Dark Raven and Primal Slayer like this.
  6. SupermanFan Registered

As we discussed in the Superman and Lois forums, I too have been rewatching this show recently. I’d honestly forgotten how much I loved it. This is the best depiction of Lois & Clark as a tandem imo. The actors had wonderful chemistry and the writing, it’s something I’d love to see more of in future depictions. Infact when Superman eventually gets rebooted on the big screen I hope the writer looks at this series for inspiration on how to portray them as reporters.

7. SupermanFan Registered

Just sat right now watching ‘Twas the Night Before Mxymas, such a great Christmas special :yay:

5CBDF7C2-435C-48D4-9AC9-622B22DD8A72.jpeg CCE883D3-083A-467C-949E-102B72ED4081.jpeg ADBA512B-AD30-4EA5-9630-E7B5328E09DC.jpeg

8. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Lois & Clark was a romantic comedy that basically focused more on the relationship and the superheroics of Superman played secondary. I love the first two seasons a lot. John Shea was a unique version of Lex Luthor prior to both STAS and Smallville portrayals. He was a corporate villain with the respect of Metropolis citizens and a love interest for Lois, while plotting the destruction of Superman in Season One.

the best villain in the series by far was Tempus, he was a riot and a real threat to Superman.

loved having the Kent’s family apart of Clark’s life adding support and guidance.

the supporting cast of Cat, Jimmy and Perry were a delight.

the effects weren’t always great, but on a tv budget at the time it was decent.

Great guests stars weekly

9. Delwin Registered

I am also re-watching and while the "Superman" part is weaker (FX !) the "Clark" part is great. I love the dynamic of the duo and Teri is the hottest Lois Lane ever. Teri also did fantastic work, showing top level of comedic talent. Clark also shines as person loving his parents and simply a good man. Still - not a paper one. Having doubts, problems etc. Comedy banter of the rest of the cast is also superb.

flickchick85 likes this.
  10. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

Where can you watch this now? It use to be on DC Universe, but now it's only comics. Surprised it's not on HBO Max. I watched Season 1, just never got around to finishing it.

11. batdude Registered

There are DVDs of this out.

12. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

Have you looked at the prices aside from Season 1? They range from 30-80 dollars for DVD's... which just seems a little ridiculous lol.

13. batdude Registered

Sorry. got my DVD years ago. Way before DC Universe.