Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Discussion in 'Super-World' started by Dark Guardian, Nov 4, 2006.

1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Bald caps almost never look good. I think he would've looked fine if he had indeed shaved his head for real.

I'm doing a rewatch now and am reminded how his Lex is probably closer to (and a campier version of) the Lex I've always wanted to see than any other live-action version we've gotten (and yes, include Rosenbaum in that).

2. Karelia Always Hold On To Smallville

I just started watching a couple of days ago. Pretty good show. Really enjoy Dean Cain as Clark/Superman and Hatcher as Lois. The guy who plays Lex is decent too.

BH/HHH likes this.
  3. Dr. From parts unknown

4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Been having a mini-marathon tonight in honor of Eddie. He was such a lovable Jonathan Kent. :hrt::csad:

C. Lee likes this.
  5. Bruce Wayne Let's get nuts!

If Superman: The Movie has my favourite tone of any Superman production, then Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman still probably has my favourite versions of Supes, Lois, Lex and Perry White. I think this show remains one of the most perfectly casted comic book adaptations. And that's especially impressive for a TV show of fairly ropey quality. True, Dean Cain isn't a great actor, strictly speaking, but his warmth and charm rises above his limited skill set and questionable inflections. He remains my favourite Superman.

It's almost the same way I see Shatner as Kirk: yes, on average, Chris Pine probably turns out the better performance than Shatner. But will I ever see anyone other than Shatner as Kirk? Hell no.