Sequels The Official Richard White & James Marsden Thread

Richard dying saving Jason would be completely consistent with his character.

I think this is the best idea. I'd like a Richard vs. Metallo kind of fight, regular guy vs. a terminator type machine, where he dies protecting Jason. It makes perfect sense and could be powerful if done well.

Here's a would-be surprise twist: Richard is a sleeper agent for Lex Luthor. He used Lois to gain the 411 about Superman.

Anyone thinks Richard will be an enemy in a future movie......I say no.

Yep,Richard is Kryptonian.The kid IS his.And Big Ritchie boy will turn into an evil sunoma*****!!!!

Hopefully not. He was the only three dimensional character in the movie. Turning him into some two-bit villian would be a bad move.

If anything, with good writing, that could actually help build a three dimensional villian...(something along the lines of harry osborn)

Hmmm... SR has created quite a dilemma....

What if Jason ISN'T Superman's son. What if Richard has some latent ability?

I just don't want to see him die AGAIN (like Cyclops in X3).

And I thought he was an interesting character. And I really HATE that they gave Superman a son...

The son subplot was a huge debacle. And I doubt WB will undo it, despite the controversy.

It's unfortunate. Because it's a huge deal! I don't know why these studios make such horrible story decisions when they have decades of source material for inspiration.

The son subplot was a huge debacle. And I doubt WB will undo it, despite the controversy.

It's unfortunate. Because it's a huge deal! I don't know why these studios make such horrible story decisions when they have decades of source material for inspiration.
since they are new characters and they ain't villains, i just hope they wouldn't steal too much scene time from the old characters like jimmy, clark, and perry.

I think it would be interesting IF they broke up yet kept him around. Would Lois feel a little jealous when she sees him move on. It's not like she and Superman can catch a movie together or go to a restaurant....

I think Singer will probably kill him off.

I wouldn't have minded if he was just simply a boyfriend for Lois, instead of them having Jason.

I agree. As cliched as it would've been, it wouldn't have opened the can of worms that the kid brings.

OMG its simply perfect.

He can explain way eveything.

Straight from the comics.

Mister Mxyzptlk

Confused. I just assumed Richard knew Jason wasn't his son and that he didn't know the Father b/c Lois just refused to talk about it. I haven't been able to read the comic books they put out before the movie so I might have missed something there. Is it a fact that Richard thinks Jason is his son or just most people's opinion? Thanks

He finds out the kid isn't his, and has an affair. He doesn't want to father someone else's child, so he leaves her. At the end they make their peace and he leaves town.

Unfortuantly...if they want to try and stick to any comic book continuity....Richard has to leave in one way or another. I would prefer to see something halfway decent happen to the guy (all the calls for his death truelly astound me with their vitriol)....and have him live and walk away with some kind of glory attributed to him.

Actually, for current comic continuity, it would be closer for him to be ZOd and Jason actually be Zod's son.

I think he'll be very suspect of Clark as Superman throughout the film. But, I think he'll find out the truth, about Superman and his son, and accept it. He'll make peace with it, and still care for and love Jason. I can see it going in the way of Jonathan with Clark as Superman would be Jor-El, something like that. I honestly don't know. But, I think it would be out of character for Richard to go rouge, he would make peace with it, and- I think give Superman his blessing in a way and always stand by, look after/love Jason.

-R

If they decide to keep within the continuity with MOS, and they're planning on giving Richard a quiet exit, I'm hoping there's a scene where Richard is surprised by a sudden display of Jason's strength. I think that would be enough for him to leave Lois and Jason to Supes. If they go grandiose and he dies, hopefully it's something really heroic related to the main villain...I couldn't see it any other way. Someone above mentioned that he's a pilot and that IS a really easy way to kill him off if they go that route. Honestly, while he was one of my favorite characters in SR too, almost more than Routh's Superman, Richard simply can't stay in the picture forever. But here's hoping they give him a respectable exit.

People....he obviously becomes Cyborg Superman. And a showdown to the death shall ensue.

clip_image018.jpg
Terence-Stamp---General-Zod-Photograph-C12142626.jpeg

I think I know how this is going to go. Jason, son of a Kryptonian, brown hair, what else could it be?

The Official Richard White Thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"