LOKI General Discussion Thread

Do we know how long in advance the final episodes for the previous shows were sent out to D+?

Not sure but I know the head writer for Wandavision said they were still editing the last few episodes while Wandavision had premiered.

q53353c0lm671.jpg

With her blonde hair its a safe assumption she is Odin's natural daughter, right?

Pretty sure Hela was not Frigga's daughter even in the MCU. They do their own thing and did not directly state who her mother was. She did not have any love for either Odin or Frigga though, that is for sure.

Whether Sylvie is Loki's kid, a variant Loki, or someone else entirely is a good question though. I am hoping they do something a little different with her than the established comic lore.

Pretty sure Hela was not Frigga's daughter even in the MCU. They do their own thing and did not directly state who her mother was. She did not have any love for either Odin or Frigga though, that is for sure.

Whether Sylvie is Loki's kid, a variant Loki, or someone else entirely is a good question though. I am hoping they do something a little different with her than the established comic lore.

What is her play here is my big question?

What put her on a collision course with the TVA?

'Loki' is the biggest TV series in the world — and it reached the top faster than Disney+'s other Marvel shows
Disney+'s latest Marvel series, "Loki," is the biggest show in the world.

"Loki" became the most in-demand series in the world across all platforms faster than Disney's other Marvel Cinematic Universe shows, including "WandaVision" and "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier," according to the research company Parrot Analytics. The company measures "audience demand," which reflects the desire of and engagement with, or overall popularity, of a series.

The data suggests that Disney+'s Marvel shows are growing in popularity with each new series.

By June 16, seven days after it debuted, "Loki" was 89.9 times more in demand than the average show worldwide, lifting it to the top. It took "WandaVision" 14 days after its premiere to become the most in-demand global series and "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier" eight days.

:ftc:

The data suggests that Disney+'s Marvel shows are growing in popularity with each new series.

I have to think the level of quality from WandaVision and FatWS helped this grow and renew the appetite for Marvel content. These shows are like watching expanded MCU films. Plus this is clearly connected to the MCU unlike other shows which have been adjacent at best. Hopefully we get more of these shows at this level of quality it's really allowed for character exploration.

This is EASILY the best of the MCU shows for me. It was my most anticipated. It’s just amazing and wayyyyy far ahead and so better than WandaVision/Falcon & Winter Soldier. It’s not even close honestly. The other two I feel no real need to rewatch them. This show I can definitely rewatch. This is all just my own opinion obviously but yeah. Bring on episode 4 :hrt:

What is her play here is my big question?

What put her on a collision course with the TVA?

Based on one dialogue exchange, it sounds like she said she's been running from them for a long time. It feels like she's just trying to stay away from them and fight for her freedom/existence.

Last edited:
*waits for Season Finale to come and go, people complain that it's terrible, not realizing that like the other two Disney+ MCU shows, they were hamstrung on what they could do due to something called "A GLOBAL PANDEMIC" but still complaining that the finale was awful anyways*

:o

I gave the finales of WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier a pass because they were hamstrung on what they could do because of the Pandemic. I may choose to give the Loki finale the same if it's more like episode 3.

I gave the finales of WandaVision and Falcon and the Winter Soldier a pass because they were hamstrung on what they could do because of the Pandemic. I may choose to give the Loki finale the same if it's more like episode 3.

I hate this show. I could sit through FATWS, and enjoyed the Zemo bits, slept through Wanda Vision but Loki is ****ing maddening.

A lot of it stems from the dreadful central character. Loki in the films was charming, clever, cunning and dangerous - not to mention super strong, able to survive a toe to toe fight with Thor ( but human TVA agents can manhandle him , including B-15 ! ). His redemption as Thor's brother felt earned and meaningful.

The writers of Loki just ignore all that and skip across other massive holes in the plot( and making the entire previous MCU stories utterly meaningless ).

In the show he's a joke who gets slapped around by almost everyone, sings terribly when he's drunk and is pretty much everyone's *****. Lady Loki has pretty much carried his useless ass since she turned up.

And the theme of episode 4 is
"whether or not Loki believes he deserves to be alone" ? WTF ? Other than a cameo from Sif it's pretty much walking around and talking about stuff, with one awkward, stiff fight scene.
It's not the overall concept of the show I hate but the execution - it's pretending that it's something clever and as an audience we are stupid ( look at handsome Tom, isnt he charming, don't think about what's happening, just consume product) but neither of those are true.

Lady Loki is a decent character and Tom Hiddleston is still a terrific actor with tons of charisma, but he's given such crap to work with.

I don't have anything against anyone enjoying the show, but for me it's just awful !

If Kang is the ultimate villain in all of this, it makes it more baffling that they are using him for the main villain of an Ant-Man movie.

If Kang is the ultimate villain in all of this, it makes it more baffling that they are using him for the main villain of an Ant-Man movie.

Not really. He can show up similar to Thanos with a post-credit scene, but have Renslayer and Miss Minutes be primary villains for the show. What I don’t want to happen is Kang only showing up in Ant-Man only to be defeated in one movie—an Ant-Man movie at that!

Not really. He can show up similar to Thanos with a post-credit scene, but have Renslayer and Miss Minutes be primary villains for the show. What I don’t want to happen is Kang only showing up in Ant-Man only to be defeated in one movie—an Ant-Man movie at that!

I can see Kang being defeated, but still alive and going back to where he came from so that he can get even more powerful and would learn his lesson.

I hate this show. I could sit through FATWS, and enjoyed the Zemo bits, slept through Wanda Vision but Loki is ****ing maddening.

A lot of it stems from the dreadful central character. Loki in the films was charming, clever, cunning and dangerous - not to mention super strong, able to survive a toe to toe fight with Thor ( but human TVA agents can manhandle him , including B-15 ! ). His redemption as Thor's brother felt earned and meaningful.

The writers of Loki just ignore all that and skip across other massive holes in the plot( and making the entire previous MCU stories utterly meaningless ).

In the show he's a joke who gets slapped around by almost everyone, sings terribly when he's drunk and is pretty much everyone's *****. Lady Loki has pretty much carried his useless ass since she turned up.

And the theme of episode 4 is
"whether or not Loki believes he deserves to be alone" ? WTF ? Other than a cameo from Sif it's pretty much walking around and talking about stuff, with one awkward, stiff fight scene.
It's not the overall concept of the show I hate but the execution - it's pretending that it's something clever and as an audience we are stupid ( look at handsome Tom, isnt he charming, don't think about what's happening, just consume product) but neither of those are true.

Lady Loki is a decent character and Tom Hiddleston is still a terrific actor with tons of charisma, but he's given such crap to work with.

I don't have anything against anyone enjoying the show, but for me it's just awful !
Maybe not as passionately as you, but yeah pretty much agreed...

I have to think the level of quality from WandaVision and FatWS helped this grow and renew the appetite for Marvel content. These shows are like watching expanded MCU films. Plus this is clearly connected to the MCU unlike other shows which have been adjacent at best. Hopefully we get more of these shows at this level of quality it's really allowed for character exploration.

Yup.

There's a definite upward momentum in interest for the D+ Marvel shows, based on these numbers.

I'm really hoping "Miss Marvel" doesn't kill the momentum. I'm not confident in head writer's Bisha K. Ali's writing ability at all, and I suspect it could be a very divisive show. I like the idea of doing that series, but I have some concerns about some of the creatives.

After the phenomenal episode 4 of Loki, it's clear that episode 3's problems were in the writing.. and she was the writer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"