Loki Season Finale Theory Thread

moviefan757

Civilian
Reaction score
Big bad behind the TVA is another version of Loki.

- Loki views the TVA as the ultimate power in the universe. There has to be a version of Loki who craves power and likely took it over and created the 3 ruler robots as his cover.

- We have seen every version of Loki except a truly evil one. With the show literally being all about Loki, make sense that he would also be the antagonist.

-The Kang Therioes are just like like the Mephisto Therories for Wandavision. Make sense to comic fans but that's not the purpose of these MCU shows. The show is about the complexity of Loki seen through the many variants shown in the show.

1. Loki cracks open the multiverse
2. Timeline disturbances from the multiverse pop up everywhere in the MCU

If I’ve learned anything from finales of WV and Falcon, it will be disappointing.

I highly doubt there will be a reference to the multiverse to set up Spider-Man or DS2. Or Kang. They’ve been keeping these series self contained and not introducing new villains or concepts at the last minute to keep focus on the hero’s journey.

What ever happens I don’t know how they top the latest episode but I cannot wait to see how they try!

If the entire show is about Loki and coming to terms with himself through a variety of variants, then the villain being a Loki makes sense—to some extent. However, given Alioth being introduced in the latest episode, Kang not being introduced seems like a really missed opportunity. And Kang isn’t comparable to Mephisto. We already know he’s appearing in the MCU.

Last edited:
If the entire show is about Loki and coming to terms with himself through a variety of variants, then the villain being a Loki makes sense—to some extent. However, given Alioth being introduced in the latest episode, Kang not being introduced seems like a really missed opportunity. And Kang isn’t comparable to Mephisto. We already know he’s is appearing in the MCU.

Agreed. We now have 2 characters introduced that are both associated with Kang (first Ravonna and now Alioth). It would seem a bit weird if they decide to not introduce Kang here.

I have to say, although there are so many hints at Kang (the TVA, Ravonna, Alioth, timelines etc) I can't help but think he won't be the villain, as much as I'd love him to be. I can't wait for him to appear at some point.

It just doesn't fit the narrative or theme of the series. I try to put myself in the shoes of the writers and look at it from their perspective. They have to tell a story which works not just for us fanatics but also the general audience who won't necessarily know who Kang is.

To introduce a random villain in the final episode just doesn't fit narratively or thematically and that's why I don't think it will be Kang. If anything I think Kang may appear in a post credits scene tease, perhaps he was lurking in the background, perhaps this even sets up his origin story? But I don't think he will be the villain.

For me, I think the villain has been staring us in the face from the beginning. It is Loki. Or rather, a Loki variant but one who won and is subsequently completely evil. Perhaps he was brought in but defeated the Timekeepers and replaced them with robots, taking control of the TVA? Some of the deception around the TVA is classic Loki after all.

They could really go the Doctor Who paradoxical route and make it a form of time loop, where our Loki that we are watching reaches this castle and realizes he is the one who sets up the TVA in the first place, creating the events of the series and a causal loop.

Either of those things to me fit more with the narrative and theme of the series, about destiny and identity.

Interested to know others thoughts on this, hope I made my theory clear enough and didn't waffle too much. Love this series!

Last edited:
I have to say, although there are so many hints at Kang (the TVA, Ravonna, Alioth, timelines etc) I can't help but think he won't be the villain, as much as I'd love him to be. I can't wait for him to appear at some point.

It just doesn't fit the narrative or theme of the series. I try to put myself in the shoes of the writers and look at it from their perspective. They have to tell a story which works not just for us fanatics but also the general audience who won't necessarily know who Kang is.

To introduce a random villain in the final episode just doesn't fit narratively or thematically and that's why I don't think it will be Kang. If anything I think Kang may appear in a post credits scene tease, perhaps he was lurking in the background, perhaps this even sets up his origin story? But I don't think he will be the villain.

For me, I think the villain has been staring us in the face from the beginning. It is Loki. Or rather, a Loki variant but one who won and is subsequently completely evil. Perhaps he was brought in but defeated the Timekeepers and replaced them with robots, taking control of the TVA? Some of the deception around the TVA is classic Loki after all.

They could really go the Doctor Who paraxodical route and make it a form of time loop, where our Loki that we are watching reaches this castle and realizes he is the one who sets up the TVA in the first place, creating the events of the series and a causal loop.

Either of those things to me fit more with the narrative and theme of the series, about destiny and identity.

Interested to know others thoughts on this, hope I made my theory clear enough and didn't waffle too much. Love this series!

We're basically seeing eye to eye. I see this series as the beginning of the Multiverse Saga. The next Spider-Man and Dr. Strange movies will dealing directly with the repercussions on this show and the Ant-Man and Wasp will reveal that Kang was behind the TVA, using them to ensure a future in which he ruled the world/galaxy.

They could really go the Doctor Who paraxodical route and make it a form of time loop, where our Loki that we are watching reaches this castle and realizes he is the one who sets up the TVA in the first place, creating the events of the series and a causal loop.

The only reason I’m still leaning towards Kang, in some capacity, is the castle shot we get at the end. In the comics, Castle Limbo is occupied by Kang, or a version of him. Given the insanity of this show with introducing new creatures and characters, I don’t see it out of the realm of possibilities for them to introduce a villain that won’t be completely defeated at the end of the day—especially if said character clearly has to know that Loki and Slyvie are on their way to confront him/her.

If they go with King Loki, then what would be the point of bringing our Loki and Slyvie directly to where his base of operations are unless, as you mentioned, this is all supposed to happen to create this endless loop.

It still could be all of the things people speculated tbh.

- yet another Loki to fit with this being all about Loki? Possible, though I'm not sure which version since we've already had an old Loki, etc.
- There are a lot of ties to Nathaniel Richards (Kang/Immortus) for sure, so it could definitely be him
- This episode took a lot of elements from the "Avengers: The Terminatrix Objective" comic and also showed Ravonna to be the kind of person who is willing to dedicate herself to the idea of the TVA without even knowing what's truly behind it, so it being Terminatrix (a Ravonna variant) is an option.
- Miss Minutes did seem to be trying to hide things not only from Sylvie but also Ravonna, so perhaps she is the true villain?
- It could also still turn out that He Who Remains is the one remaining at the end of time and who created the TVA to guide the timeline.

None of these options have been ruled out yet for me.

Is it possible that the truly evil Loki Variant is Kang?

As much I would like to see Kang in the finale, I have come to learn in these Disney + limited series finals that it's often disappointing and not what we expect.

So I'm going to say the one behind the TVA is none other than Loki. My guess the original varient who discovered the multiverse and manipulated everyone to do his bidding as King.

this is what we all expected/wanted the last time, and all we got was Ralph Bohner
Yeah, but... There was no actual reason to expect that from WandaVision outside of the tentative connection to 'Multiverse of Madness' and the Evan Peters troll.

This series is all about the security of the timeline and the rapidly imploding organization that is trying to contain the multiverse. We know that by the time Dr. Strange 2 releases next March (possibly sooner, if FFH rumors are to be believed) the Multiverse will have broken open. Is that going to happen in Shang-Chi? In Eternals? Or in the series that is all about alternate realities and is currently dismantling the power that holds the timeline in check?

The 'Big Bad' could be Kang. It could be another Loki. It could be Miss Minutes. But I think if there's one thing safe to say, the multiverse will be unleashed before the credits roll.

If it's not Kang, I'm actually thinking it might be a Variant of Ravonna.....maybe...........possibly.............. I don't know :oldrazz:

I think Kang is the man behind the curtain, but still only cameo or be hinted at. For this show, I expect either a Loki variant working for him or maybe a Kang variant like Immortus. The Timekeepers may be BS....but the Council of Kangs may exist

Too many Kang Easter eggs to ignore

The reason why I'm hesitant to think that a variant Loki is the big bad (or working for the big bad) is cause we already got an evil Loki of sorts with President Loki in this episode. I dunno I guess it would come across as redundant for me.

I know there's a clip of what appears to be a king Loki on an Asgard throne that we haven't seen yet but we don't really know the context for it. When the first trailer dropped for this show and it showed President Loki, I think it's fair to say we all assumed that was gonna be our main Loki and that ended up not being the case.

I think Immortus makes the most sense as a villain, but I'm intrigued by this Loki idea.

I just feel that the entire journey leading to the final destination is indeed within the sacred timeline whoever big baddie wants to happen. The unwritten part before the end of time has now been written. Can’t wait till next week.

I don't think it will be Kang as the main villain at all as it's too late to introduce him into the last episode. It will probably be another Loki or someone else we've seen before. I'd like it to be Kang but don't think it's likely.

Richard E Grant could've been good as the big bad, making Classic Loki the one behind it all. Now that probably won't happen after the events of episode 5 unless it was all an illusion.

If it is any version of Nathaniel Richards it has to be Immortus. He's the one that worked for the Time Keepers. And I mean, just listen to how Kang describes Immortus:
"He calls himself the Master of Time! "Gardener of Time" is more truthful! He prunes away the chronal branches deemed by others to be dangerous, reducing reality to a bloodless meadow! But that's not the way of warriors -- of men! I say, let it be a forest! Let it be a jungle!"

Last edited:
If it is any version of Nathaniel Richards it has to be Immortus. He's the one that worked for the Time Keepers. And I mean, just listen to how Kang describes Immortus:
"He calls himself the Master of Time! "Gardener of Time" is more truthful! He prunes away the chronal branches deemed by others to be dangerous, reducing reality to a bloodless meadow! But that's not the way of warriors -- of men! I say, let it be a forest! Let it be a jungle!"

That line about pruning branches lines up with how the TVA operates in the show. If Immortus is the big bad, maybe the reason he created the TVA is so that they can prevent Kang from existing.

There have been enough Kang teases that it's going to be a big letdown when it's not him.

My money's on King Loki.

That line about pruning branches lines up with how the TVA operates in the show. If Immortus is the big bad, maybe the reason he created the TVA is so that they can prevent Kang from existing.
Who knows. We did see a future Stark/Avengers tower ran by a version of Nathaniel Richards (Mister Gryphon's Qeng Tower) and I've even seen people speculate Rama-Tut could be responsible for the timeline with the Sphinx being pruned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"