Look Alive, Wage Slaves! Presenting....Margot Robbie AS Harley Quinn! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
But isn't THAT the most important thing ? Her face and personality ? Aren't these characters allowed to change clothes ? Hey, believe me, I LOVE classic Harley most and I was one of the few who wanted a classic (BTAS) suit. But at the end of the they it's just that - a suit. It's not like they're completely changing her character, what she stands for etc.
Of course it's what's "most" important, I'm just knocking the people who stand firm that everything else is as well.

We can apply the same logic to Spidey and Supes, yet practically every single redesign of their respective outfit has been lambasted in spite of them being "unimportant" details.

Jesus, she looks insanely hot. Not much like Harley, but incredibly hot.

Read my following sentence guys; from the neck, down.

Margot's face and makeup is really what makes and completes the Harley look. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to tell it apart from a really extreme Joker fan girl on the street.

And that's what Harley is. lol

She's not some big famous character inside the DCU. Most other heroes and villains would have no idea who she is. She's not a global symbol or mythic urban crusader. There's no reason for her to be emblematic. In her solo comic, it's just her crazy day to day life doing whatever she wants in Coney Island, which isn't a major city.

The character doesn't look like my favourite iteration!, Moral outrage! Lazy design! This movie will suck!

She's not some big famous character inside the DCU. Most other heroes and villains would have no idea who she is. She's not a global symbol or mythic urban crusader. There's no reason for her to be emblematic. In her solo comic, it's just her crazy day to day life doing whatever she wants in Coney Island, which isn't a major city.

Well said.

Some people are confused over who Harley is, and therefor outraged by Margot's look :oldrazz:

I want Harley to hit me with her bat, step on me with her high heels and spit her bubblegum on my face.

Send help.
distressed.jpg

I want us to go on a killing spree and make mad, passionate love ontop all the corpses :)

I like the costume. It could look more like the classic one but I like it. I just want to see the big hammer.

She's impossibly gorgeous, and she looks like Harley Quinn.

You know a new low has been reached when Harley looking exactly like what she's supposed to be - a crazy Joker fangirl - becomes a source of complaint.

The costume is...ok. I don't hate it, but it's not great. I'm not feeling the tiny hot pants or whatever they are.

She looks great from the neck up though. Margot's expressions are pure Harley and I love the make-up and hair.

I respectfully disagree. :oldrazz:

Well said.

Some people are confused over who Harley is, and therefor outraged by Margot's look :oldrazz:

If we’re going to be intentionally dense, then yes, we can simply boil down Harley as a mere fan girl and thus make no attempt to distinguish her from the many geeks in the real world with that of her actual canonical appearances. That logic quickly deteriorates when applied to many beloved comic book characters, but I suspect many of you have already realized this and for whatever reason have opted for the “lalala what are you talking about?!? :insertemoticon:” response.

That’s fine.

For what it’s worth I’ve grown to accept and even appreciate this direction, but clearly reasoned discussions here are quickly shrugged off.

You know a new low has been reached when Harley looking exactly like what she's supposed to be - a crazy Joker fangirl - becomes a source of complaint.

1000% this! It's completely bonkers.

If we’re going to be intentionally dense, then yes, we can simply boil down Harley as a mere fan girl and thus make no attempt to distinguish her from the many geeks in the real world with that of her actual canonical appearances. That logic quickly deteriorates when applied to many beloved comic book characters, but I suspect many of you have already realized this and for whatever reason have opted for the “lalala what are you talking about?!? :insertemoticon:” response.

That’s fine.

For what it’s worth I’ve grown to accept and even appreciate this direction, but clearly reasoned discussions here are quickly shrugged off.

It's simple, you say you don't think she looks like Harley quinn, everyone has given you examples that she does in fact look exactly like her current comic book iteration, but now she just looks like a joker fan girl, in which people here have clearly stated...that's exactly what she is, and that there is no definitive iconic look for a character that has constantly evolved in the very short time (relatively) she has existed...how is that anything but reasoned?

No one is asking you to like it, you don't like the aesthetics of the character that's entirely your choice and preference, but end of the day she looks like Harley Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"