Looking for an anime with a bit of a positive message...

guitarsingerguy

Who am I?
Reaction score
I recently just got my wife into anime. So far she loves FMA, Trigun, she loved Death Note because of the psychological aspects, Gurren Lagann...basically anything that has positive themes running throughout it. We don't enjoy subs, so please make your suggestions dubs only. I'm thinking FLCL next, but could really use some good suggestions. Any help will be much appreciated by me and my lovely wife. :p

Well then, if it's positivism you're after, try Stellvia for starters. Think of it as being like Star Trek in its optimism.

Noein is another good one to think about too, and if you're inclined to consider loyalty and patriotism as a positive message, then Le Chevalier D'Eon might be up your alley too.

All have been dubbed.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
"Time waits for no one."

Howdy,

I suggest: Seirei no Moribito (Guardian of the Sacred Spirit), Dennou Coil (Chronicle of Childern) Kenshin, and Twelve Kingdoms.

There is a few more, but they aren't coming to my head, and if your lookin' for dubs, those are it. Just give you a heads up, Twelve Kingdoms story isn't finished, and the producers stopped where the books stopped, so show or two before that is when I would stop, can't recall top of my head. Fantastic depth, and morales in it, tho.

Seirei no Moribito, my current all time fave (I haven't seen all Eden of the East by the same director), and that has a very very strong morale to it, and a strong (If not one of the best female leads) in a anime.

Dennou Coil, This one I'm not sure if it's dubbed or not, but a really really underrated anime that is pretty smart, a little slow in the beginning, but still a very strong contender of recent anime that out there (Aired same time as Seirei No Moribito) so this one might be work looking into as well. Meant as kid's story, but can really be enjoyable by all.

Kenshin, everyone knows this one. =P

Ali

Last edited:
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is my current favorite, because it's fun and leaves you feeling positive. Azumanga Daioh for good comedy as well.

Also, while it's American made but really well done, Avatar: The Last Airbender is a really good watch. Highly recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"