Lounge 78

It was an amazing moment to witness! You could even spot Jupiter and Venus during the totality.

Next total solar eclipse in the UK will be in... 2090 :csad:.

Next one will happen in August 2026 in Spain and Iceland. Then in August 2027 (North Africa) and July 2028 (Australia). If you all want to see another event like this in your lifetime, better start booking your flights and Airbnb...

Once the total phase ended, birds around me started chirping like in the morning.

It was also interesting how it got cold during the total phase and warmth came back as soon as the phase ended and the sunlight came back. Some strange shadows as well when looking at tree branches on the ground.
I've always wanted to go to Iceland. I hope they don't have to change the name by 2026.....

Oh HorseS***. We don't care. You take care of yourself and you don't need to feel like everything is on you (but you will anyway....and we love you for it). You have more than enough to deal with and if @MissMarvelous and I don't get our just reward as Pair of the Year or Best Pair or whatever the hell it's called before the rapture, we are secure in our knowledge that the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends towards justice.

💕

I'm just sick of all the rain. Little bits of flooding all around. :(

Going to the big Southwick zoo on Monday. It's supposed to be super nice out and sunny. I'm really looking forward to it. Better than all this gloom.

In my ongoing attempts (mostly futile) to improve the discourse of SHH, I suggest a new category for next year's awards....Best Trash Talker. As THE obvious first ballot HOFer, it seems fair that I should recuse myself for the next 5 years. That being said, if others insist and feel the need to put me in my rightful place, I will grudgingly acquiesce.

For the time being, I think @Babillygunn has shown a moderate level of potential, but @ComicChick has, I believe, a higher ceiling. She just needs to focus on what's important in life and not worry about work and taking care of her abode.

In my ongoing attempts (mostly futile) to improve the discourse of SHH, I suggest a new category for next year's awards....Best Trash Talker. As THE obvious first ballot HOFer, it seems fair that I should recuse myself for the next 5 years. That being said, if others insist and feel the need to put me in my rightful place, I will grudgingly acquiesce.

For the time being, I think @Babillygunn has shown a moderate level of potential, but @ComicChick has, I believe, a higher ceiling. She just needs to focus on what's important in life and not worry about work and taking care of her abode.
Everything within me wants to respond by talking trash toward @ComicChick, but I’m saving it all for fantasy football next year.

Everything within me wants to respond by talking trash toward @ComicChick, but I’m saving it all for fantasy football next year.
You guys were great. I especially liked the part after the playoffs were over. :funny:

EDIT: I still think you should change the name of your team to the UK Cowboys.....

Last edited:
kr4nl1vv4ytc1.jpeg

why is Superman on a stripper pole??

I had a good Monday. Spent most of the day at Southwick zoo, my favorite zoo. They just reopened and the weather was sweet. Good times. :)

So it is that time of year again. Living in Louisville, this is the time of year when we get ready to celebrate a sporting event that is amoral toward beautiful animals. Where I spend a Saturday entertaining clients in an 5 foot by 10 foot area with six folding chairs surrounded by a railing of painted two by fours. We will be surrounded by a crowd of rich, former frat boys who will get increasingly sloppier throughout the day on free liquor while blowing cigar smoke your way because it’s part of the “tradition” of the KY Derby. My wife and I always remark that it is actually a very gross event, but yet we still do it because my work has tickets and it helps with marketing. At least it’s fun to dress really nicely and take my wife with me.
Admittedly, that part is kind of fun. I have a sweet suit picked out this year with the whole pocket square and all the bells and whistles. My wife has the whole sundress with the hat and short gloves and bows thing going on. In fact, I think she already picked out an outfit for next year. But I know that on the drive home we will likely be saying “maybe this is the last year for us doing this.”

So it is that time of year again. Living in Louisville, this is the time of year when we get ready to celebrate a sporting event that is amoral toward beautiful animals. Where I spend a Saturday entertaining clients in an 5 foot by 10 foot area with six folding chairs surrounded by a railing of painted two by fours. We will be surrounded by a crowd of rich, former frat boys who will get increasingly sloppier throughout the day on free liquor while blowing cigar smoke your way because it’s part of the “tradition” of the KY Derby. My wife and I always remark that it is actually a very gross event, but yet we still do it because my work has tickets and it helps with marketing. At least it’s fun to dress really nicely and take my wife with me.
Admittedly, that part is kind of fun. I have a sweet suit picked out this year with the whole pocket square and all the bells and whistles. My wife has the whole sundress with the hat and short gloves and bows thing going on. In fact, I think she already picked out an outfit for next year. But I know that on the drive home we will likely be saying “maybe this is the last year for us doing this.”
Horses are one of the most beautiful creatures made by God, so of course humans treat them like crap. :( I was so happy when my state finally banned greyhound racing.

i can handle year-round trash talk lol. it's encouraged :up:

i'm going to be the first female hype member to win sports poster of the year one of these days...
has there been one? daisy? i'd have to check the archives...

Being generally from the city, I haven't been around horses much, but, when I have been, they seem to like me. My stepfather used to go to the races, but it kind of creeped me out and I was always worried that one of them would get hurt (which often means death). I think I mentioned that a friend of mine had a thoroughbred and they are stunningly large, powerful animals when you are close up. When she took me on a ride, I was behind her and was hanging onto her like a tie wrap. I'd be fine if they just didn't have horse races anymore.

Being generally from the city, I haven't been around horses much, but, when I have been, they seem to like me. My stepfather used to go to the races, but it kind of creeped me out and I was always worried that one of them would get hurt (which often means death). I think I mentioned that a friend of mine had a thoroughbred and they are stunningly large, powerful animals when you are close up. When she took me on a ride, I was behind her and was hanging onto her like a tie wrap. I'd be fine if they just didn't have horse races anymore.
Yeah. My wife and I were talking the other day about how we basically hate everything about going to the Kentucky Derby or the Kentucky Oaks, except that it is cool to engage in some swanky fashion. As my wife put it: “I’m probably not getting invited to a royal wedding, so this is my only opportunity to dress this way.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"