Lounge 78

@Babillygunn How was the derby? I watched it on TV and it was pretty exciting. I still worry about the horses though. :shrug:

So....in honor of the race Saturday, I have a joke (for those who have heard it before, forgive me). The bartender at The Blue Lagoon told it to me a long time ago after the race....

So, there's a southern belle and a Boston debutante at the Kentucky Derby. The belle is sipping a Mint Julep and the deb has a glass of champagne.

The belle asks the deb - So, where are you from?" The deb replies "Where I'm from, we don't end our sentences in prepositions." So, the belle takes a sip of her Mint Julep and says "So, where are you from.....b***h?"

Last edited:
I have posted my RPG thread. Now we wait, and we see.

I have posted my RPG thread. Now we wait, and we see.
So, even though I've been around the hype for quite some time, I have no idea what a rocket propelled grenade thread is. Is it dangerous? Do we wait to see if it blows up (literally or figuratively)?

If this is real, I want it! and not even a vodka drinker, just want the bottle!
439934.jpg

So, even though I've been around the hype for quite some time, I have no idea what a rocket propelled grenade thread is. Is it dangerous? Do we wait to see if it blows up (literally or figuratively)?
No, you need to engage the firing pin first.

@Babillygunn How was the derby? I watched it on TV and it was pretty exciting. I still worry about the horses though. :shrug:

So....in honor of the race Saturday, I have a joke (for those who have heard it before, forgive me). The bartender at The Blue Lagoon told it to me a long time ago after the race....

So, there's a southern belle and a Boston debutante at the Kentucky Derby. The belle is sipping a Mint Julep and the deb has a glass of champagne.

The belle asks the deb - So, where are you from?" The deb replies "Where I'm from, we don't end our sentences in prepositions." So, the belle takes a sip of her Mint Julep and says "So, where are you from.....b***h?"
It was very enjoyable. It wasn’t as crazy crowded as last year. I also went to Champions Day on Wednesday. That was really fun. It was definitely not as crowded. People at the Derby weren’t as obnoxious as they were last year when we sat around a bunch of snotty guys who were acted like they’d never left their frat boy days.

My favorite part of going to the track is enjoying it with my wife when we are in all of our finery. I also love Derby and Oaks because our seats are all inclusive with all you can eat and drink. (Although that makes the grown up frat boys more hard to deal with. )

The feeling when you dodge 3-4 tornados is something.

Glad you're safe. I couldn't even imagine living through something like that.

I mean, generally, one isn't that bad, its easy to keep track off. But warnings and confirmation kept popping up, so it was tough for the weather guy to keep focus on the possible track of the warning that would affect me.

I do miss having a basement to go to to wait it out, though.

I mean, generally, one isn't that bad, its easy to keep track off. But warnings and confirmation kept popping up, so it was tough for the weather guy to keep focus on the possible track of the warning that would affect me.

I do miss having a basement to go to to wait it out, though.
Do you have any kind of safe room?

Ooh!!! Got a thunder boomer going on. Been ages . I love a good window rattler. :D

Didn’t know where else to post this, but I’m officially out as trans. Pronouns are in my bio. Nice to meet you, everyone. :hrt::hrt::swoon::hrt::hrt:

Took me a while and a lot of deliberating and self discovery over the past few years, but very early this morning, the egg finally cracked, and I’m so happy it did. I feel so much lighter and so much happier. The happiest I’ve been, in fact, in a really, really long time. It’s like this huge weight that I’ve been carrying has finally been lifted, or this very big blockage has finally been cleared. This is gonna sound cheesy, but it’s like being born again, or seeing the sun or walking on grass for the first time.

I just started my journey and I admittedly am very new to this and still have a lot to learn, but I’m so excited (and relieved) to go on and share this journey with you all. :woo:

Didn’t know where else to post this, but I’m officially out as trans. Pronouns are in my bio. Nice to meet you, everyone. :hrt::hrt::swoon::hrt::hrt:

Took me a while and a lot of deliberating and self discovery over the past few years, but very early this morning, the egg finally cracked, and I’m so happy it did. I feel so much lighter and so much happier. The happiest I’ve been, in fact, in a really, really long time. It’s like this huge weight that I’ve been carrying has finally been lifted, or this very big blockage has finally been cleared. This is gonna sound cheesy, but it’s like being born again, or seeing the sun or walking on grass for the first time.

I just started my journey and I admittedly am very new to this and still have a lot to learn, but I’m so excited (and relieved) to go on and share this journey with you all. :woo:

That’s awesome! Best of luck to you on your journey! :D:up:

That’s awesome! Best of luck to you on your journey! :D:up:
Thank you! My parents are conservative Christians and not very understanding and accepting of this kind of thing, especially my dad, so I’m gonna have to keep it from them as a secret for a very long time until I am back on my own 2 feet and living away from them. Fortunately, there are a few people in my life that have no problem with it that I can share it with, so that will definitely make things a bit easier for me. :D;)

Thank you! My parents are conservative Christians and not very understanding and accepting of this kind of thing, especially my dad, so I’m gonna have to keep it from them as a secret for a very long time until I am back on my own 2 feet and living away from them. Fortunately, there are a few people in my life that have no problem with it that I can share it with, so that will definitely make things a bit easier for me. :D;)
Hopefully your parents love you as you are and will be more accepting as time goes by. :)

Hopefully your parents love you as you are and will be more accepting as time goes by. :)
Trust me, it would take a miracle for them, especially my dad who is very homophobic. :meh:

When the time comes for me to officially come out to them, I hope it happens. If it doesn’t, I’m perfectly fine with that and have accepted the possibility. Either way, I’m fine with it. I know who I am, so I don’t have to prove anything to them. But I’ve always been kind of like that anyway, personality wise. :oldrazz::cwink:

I just had my first job interview since the pandemic because of my anxiety of germs and no luck despite submitting my resume to many places in office environments.

It went really well actually, and they want me to start working on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursday next week. Really looking forward to utilizing my skills again! Will also be nice to get outside my house more often.

Just make sure to wear sunglasses and sun tanning lotion.

I just had my first job interview since the pandemic because of my anxiety of germs and no luck despite submitting my resume to many places in office environments.

It went really well actually, and they want me to start working on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursday next week. Really looking forward to utilizing my skills again! Will also be nice to get outside my house more often.
Congratulations! :) Hope it's something you enjoy doing.

Just make sure to wear sunglasses and sun tanning lotion.
I'm going to the Cruel World festival this Saturday in Pasadena. Seems I know people who know people. Sunglasses are a given, but bronze gods don't need suntan lotion....just goat, grapes, and ale.

So, when's our coronation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"