• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Lounge 78

I went to the PGA Championship on Friday. I know that it is probably an incredibly unpopular opinion, but I really think that golf is the best sport to watch in person. It is very interactive. You don’t sit and watch the action, you walk around. You choose who you follow, or you get a good spot and camp out at a hole for a little while and let the action come to you. It is so much fun. And truth be told, I always find NBA or NFL players to be amazing, but I can at least relate to what they do. But the talent gap between professional golfers and someone like me is so wide it is astounding. It’s not even funny how skilled these guys are.

This was my fifth (I think) PGA tournament that I’ve attended. I’ve been to it every time it’s been at Valhalla since the mid-90’s, with the only exception being that I missed the Ryder Cup when my kids were babies.

Friday was nuts because everything was initially delayed because a worker had been killed at 5:00 am when he was hit by a bus and then Scottie Scheffler was arrested that morning by our regional disgrace- the Louisville Metro Police. I am really hoping that the PGA isn’t soured on our city as a result.
At least it wasn't boring, lol. Hope they used up lots of Titleist balls so my coworkers keep their jobs. :)

I went to the PGA Championship on Friday. I know that it is probably an incredibly unpopular opinion, but I really think that golf is the best sport to watch in person. It is very interactive. You don’t sit and watch the action, you walk around. You choose who you follow, or you get a good spot and camp out at a hole for a little while and let the action come to you. It is so much fun. And truth be told, I always find NBA or NFL players to be amazing, but I can at least relate to what they do. But the talent gap between professional golfers and someone like me is so wide it is astounding. It’s not even funny how skilled these guys are.

This was my fifth (I think) PGA tournament that I’ve attended. I’ve been to it every time it’s been at Valhalla since the mid-90’s, with the only exception being that I missed the Ryder Cup when my kids were babies.

Friday was nuts because everything was initially delayed because a worker had been killed at 5:00 am when he was hit by a bus and then Scottie Scheffler was arrested that morning by our regional disgrace- the Louisville Metro Police. I am really hoping that the PGA isn’t soured on our city as a result.
I've never been to a golf tournament, but a friend of mine who has a place in Hawaii goes to them all the time. He told me that TV doesn't give you ANY idea just how Fing hard those guys swing a club. I like golf because everything can change with one swing of the club (either way), but when the whole LIV thing happened, I got really turned off. I'm watching Sunday, but, beyond that, I don't want to give their sponsors my eyes. I mean, I'm not mad at anybody (but never root for the guys who signed on), but I just thought there were a lot of distasteful moves by some of the golfers and then by the PGA.

I've never been to a golf tournament, but a friend of mine who has a place in Hawaii goes to them all the time. He told me that TV doesn't give you ANY idea just how Fing hard those guys swing a club. I like golf because everything can change with one swing of the club (either way), but when the whole LIV thing happened, I got really turned off. I'm watching Sunday, but, beyond that, I don't want to give their sponsors my eyes. I mean, I'm not mad at anybody (but never root for the guys who signed on), but I just thought there were a lot of distasteful moves by some of the golfers and then by the PGA.
The LIV golf stuff was abysmal. But I felt vindicated that the guys I primarily cheer for (Morikawa, Justin Thomas, Spieth, and Rory) shunned LIV pretty hard. I can’t help but feel like signing with LIV really hurt Mickelson’s legacy. He was the big name. He was Hulk Hogan going with the NwO.

Also, as to how hard they swing the club, consider #14 at Valhalla. It’s a par 3, but it was playing 285 yards this week. In no world should a par 3 be 285 yards. And guys like Morikawa were hitting 5 irons on it.

I couldn’t make par if I hit a driver.

IMG_4400.png

As much as golf has financed my life, I've never had any interest in playing it, lol. I suck at sports.

As much as golf has financed my life, I've never had any interest in playing it, lol. I suck at sports.
I never played golf growing up. But then I got a job washing golf carts and working concessions at a municipal course to pay my way through college. I learned to play and played for free. Now I don’t play as much and I’m terrible at it, but I love watching it and always have fun playing.

Where do you work?

I never played golf growing up. But then I got a job washing golf carts and working concessions at a municipal course to pay my way through college. I learned to play and played for free. Now I don’t play as much and I’m terrible at it, but I love watching it and always have fun playing.

Where do you work?
DeChambeau used to be one of my favorite golfers. Now, not so much. Glad to see Schauffele win.

Is it a good sport to attend live?
It’s actually my favorite to attend live. It’s incredibly interactive and you are basically always next to the action. You also are free to roam the course which is an experience in and of itself.

DeChambeau used to be one of my favorite golfers. Now, not so much. Glad to see Schauffele win.
I am a Morikawa guy. So his putter going out on him yesterday and then today was very disappointing. This was his to lose. And he did just that.

It’s actually my favorite to attend live. It’s incredibly interactive and you are basically always next to the action. You also are free to roam the course which is an experience in and of itself.
I've never even considered going despite having been to a wide variety of sports live but it seems like it has a positive and friendly vibe and a good day out (a bit like test cricket).

I am a Morikawa guy. So his putter going out on him yesterday and then today was very disappointing. This was his to lose. And he did just that.
I really like Collin too. Seems like a super cool dude. Bryson always fascinated me because he just did everything different and that always stood out to me. I mean who else has all his clubs the same length? :funny:

Where do you work?
I retired from Titleist. I used to stamp the printing the balls. :)

I really like Collin too. Seems like a super cool dude. Bryson always fascinated me because he just did everything different and that always stood out to me. I mean who else has all his clubs the same length? :funny:
I liked Bryson just because he got on Brooks’ nerves. And Brooks is a meathead.

I love Colin, Jordan and JT. They all three seem like good guys I’d just like to hang out with. And they all three are best friends which is really cool

I've never even considered going despite having been to a wide variety of sports live but it seems like it has a positive and friendly vibe and a good day out (a bit like test cricket).
I definitely recommend it if you get the chance. I’ve been to several majors and loved it each time.
My wife and I even had an amazing time at the Senior PGA about 15 years ago.

I definitely recommend it if you get the chance. I’ve been to several majors and loved it each time.
My wife and I even had an amazing time at the Senior PGA about 15 years ago.
Thanks. I’ll add it to the list, will probably check out an event in the UK depending how easy it is to get tickets. I don’t know much about modern golf, used to know more in the past. I love the Ryder cup though, that’s unique.

Thanks. I’ll add it to the list, will probably check out an event in the UK depending how easy it is to get tickets. I don’t know much about modern golf, used to know more in the past. I love the Ryder cup though, that’s unique.
I missed the Ryder Cup when it was in my town. I really regret missing that. But I was working for the government and couldn’t get hooked up with tickets.

Hey everyone, I guess I'm back for the time being. It's been awhile, 8 years, and I know the last time I was here I said I was going to leave for good, but a lot has happened in the past 8 years... I was Sure of a lot of things 8 years ago, but not anymore.
Hope everyone is doing well.

Hey everyone, I guess I'm back for the time being. It's been awhile, 8 years, and I know the last time I was here I said I was going to leave for good, but a lot has happened in the past 8 years... I was Sure of a lot of things 8 years ago, but not anymore.
Welcome back.

Howdy, friend!!!!!!!! Welcome back. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"