• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Lounge 78

Hello again, squeekness. I hope everything is going well for you.
Very much, yes. I retired a couple of years ago and I've been filling my days with shows, books, and helping out my elderly aunt. Life is good in squeeky-land. You?

Very much, yes. I retired a couple of years ago and I've been filling my days with shows, books, and helping out my elderly aunt. Life is good in squeeky-land. You?
... well, I'd be lying if I said things were good...
last December, due to hyper-tension and high blood pressure, I had a hemorrhagic stroke in the left thalamus of my brain (the area that controls movement, the ability to feel), and since each side of the brain controls the opposite side of the body, my entire right side was affected by it. I was in the hospital for two months to get the bleeding under control, and for physical/occupational rehab. i can somewhat walk again, and im slowly learning how to use my right arm/hand again. for now, im not allowed to go back to work, so ive been out of work for five months

it depressing and debilitating not being able to function as a normal; human being

... well, I'd be lying if I said things were good...
last December, due to hyper-tension and high blood pressure, I had a hemorrhagic stroke in the left thalamus of my brain (the area that controls movement, the ability to feel), and since each side of the brain controls the opposite side of the body, my entire right side was affected by it. I was in the hospital for two months to get the bleeding under control, and for physical/occupational rehab. i can somewhat walk again, and im slowly learning how to use my right arm/hand again. for now, im not allowed to go back to work, so ive been out of work for five months

it depressing and debilitating not being able to function as a normal; human being
Aw, that's not good. :( Hope you have family and friends to help out and keep you company. If not you should hang out here with us so you're not so alone.

Thank you., since I've been away for 8 years, places like imageshack and photobucket don't exist any more, so what image hosting websites exist now?

imgur is probably THE imaging hosting site.

Aw, that's not good. :( Hope you have family and friends to help out and keep you company. If not you should hang out here with us so you're not so alone.
I wish I could say my family was helping me, but thankfully, my wife has been helping me and supporting me, and been there every step of the way, and I promise you I wouldn't be anywhere where I am right now if it weren't for her help... and I am extremely grateful, blessed, and humbled to have such a loving and wonderful wife at my side. .

I wish I could say my family was helping me, but thankfully, my wife has been helping me and supporting me, and been there every step of the way, and I promise you I wouldn't be anywhere where I am right now if it weren't for her help... and I am extremely grateful, blessed, and humbled to have such a loving and wonderful wife at my side. .
Having that kind of support makes a big difference and I'm glad you have that. :)

Gorgeous day outside today. Sunny and perfect with a sweet seaside breeze. I've got all the widows open, fresh air in the house. Wish the whole summer would be like this. :)

The red pandas at my local zoo are loving the weather, too.

Gorgeous day outside today. Sunny and perfect with a sweet seaside breeze. I've got all the widows open, fresh air in the house. Wish the whole summer would be like this. :)

The red pandas at my local zoo are loving the weather, too.

Cats are not enjoying the warm weather, some are hiding in the shade or wherever they can find a cool spot

Cats are not enjoying the warm weather, some are hiding in the shade or wherever they can find a cool spot
I'm right on the coast so I'm probably cooler than you. It was about 74F. Just perfect.

Going to be in the 80s tomorrow. Then squeeky going to need dat sun screen. :waa:

Nice big thunderstorm outside with heavy rain. I love a good window rattler. :D

well it's much cooler today, going drop even more next week to the 60's :eek:
I hate it when the weather yo yos like that. Never know if you need a jacket or not.

Arguably the best end credits.

The best end credits of all time, or just from The Simpsons?
giphy.gif

I know I am probably very late in saying this in comparison to the others who are here, but, I finally finished the Big Bang Theory series today.
really, really good show, I loved the characters, I think my favorite character was probably Leonard, mostly because I probably relate to him more than I do Sheldon.... But the ending was also really bittersweet...

I never like finishing whole TV shows, it's always a bit depressing, and leaves a hole... it's why I never finished The Flash TV Series and it's also why I have never watched Firefly. With shows that have really fleshed out characters, and great comedy, great drama, great action, I get really attached to the characters, and I'm the kind of guy who can watch an entire season consisting of 22-26 episodes in like two days, because I get so attached to the characters and story

I know I am probably very late in saying this in comparison to the others who are here, but, I finally finished the Big Bang Theory series today.
really, really good show, I loved the characters, I think my favorite character was probably Leonard, mostly because I probably relate to him more than I do Sheldon.... But the ending was also really bittersweet...

I never like finishing whole TV shows, it's always a bit depressing, and leaves a hole... it's why I never finished The Flash TV Series and it's also why I have never watched Firefly. With shows that have really fleshed out characters, and great comedy, great drama, great action, I get really attached to the characters, and I'm the kind of guy who can watch an entire season consisting of 22-26 episodes in like two days, because I get so attached to the characters and story
I was seriously bummed when Justified and Hannibal ended. I was like, now what? I get very attached to certain characters. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"