(Lounge is Like a) Heatwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been in a spring cleaning mood lately, and yes i know it's october. but i'm tired of the clutter. some of this stuff is definitely worth keeping, but 15 yr old decorations? no
I'm cleaning everything out this weekend. Although now that I'm getting into it it's more of a 2 year than 2 day job.

It's so nice to be able to have multiple tabs open in chrome without my laptop trying to melt

what kinda specs is your laptop DJ?

got a nice chunk of part of the attic done yesterday. really going to try and get the rest done today.
wanna get out of the house today too but i dunno where i wanna go

CC it's an HP with a 17.3 inch screen, 1.9 ghz AMD processor, 8 gb of RAM and 1 tb HD. I'm in love haha

i think we have the same computer, but mine has 4gb

i think we have the same computer, but mine has 4gb

Is yours a touch screen? I almost got one that was 4 gb RAM and a 500 gb HD. But I saw this one for less than $100 more so I was all about it. Got it refurbished from TigerDirect for $429. Used your ebates thingy too so thanks for that

no it's not a touch screen. i was adamant about not getting one

hey DJ, just thought i'd let you know i finally got around to listening to your Party Mix. I've got it playing in the background while i clean

hey DJ, just thought i'd let you know i finally got around to listening to your Party Mix. I've got it playing in the background while i clean

Sweet, would love to know what ya think of it! Is it vol 4 your listening to?

yeah it's volume 2.

i've never really listened to anything like this, but i like how you've mixed up the genres and the eras

yeah it's volume 2.

i've never really listened to anything like this, but i like how you've mixed up the genres and the eras

Vol 2 is ok, after a while I always am a lot harsher on my mixes unless I think they are really good but that's few and far between. Vol 4 is on my page now and I think that is a vastly superior mix. Click my sig if you want it.

Vol 2 is ok, after a while I always am a lot harsher on my mixes unless I think they are really good but that's few and far between. Vol 4 is on my page now and I think that is a vastly superior mix. Click my sig if you want it.

How do you go about creating a mix, DJ?

so i hooked up my old desktop for my parents so i can teach them how to use it. it hasn't been used in 6.5 years lol. it has Windows XP and i think i'm going to just wipe it all out and reinstall everything, maybe even try to put Windows 7 on it.
edit: i could put Vista on it too. just found the old disc. with it being so old, i'm not sure which to even try

just need to find a good link for a step by step

so i hooked up my old desktop for my parents so i can teach them how to use it. it hasn't been used in 6.5 years lol. it has Windows XP and i think i'm going to just wipe it all out and reinstall everything, maybe even try to put Windows 7 on it.
edit: i could put Vista on it too. just found the old disc. with it being so old, i'm not sure which to even try

just need to find a good link for a step by step

It's really simple to do. Be careful though because it may not be powerful enough for 7. That's why my old laptop ran like crap. Only had 2 gb of RAM which is the bare minimum for 7. I doubt they will tax it though so shouldn't be a big problem.

How do you go about creating a mix, DJ?

Mixing is quite easy once you know the basics. Every song is set at a certain BPM and the easiest way to mix is by using tracks that are around the same BPM. Music is all done in bars or 8 counts. It goes like this: 1,2,3,1-1,2,3,2-1,2,3,3-1,2,3,4-1,2,3,5-1,2,3,6-1,2,3,7-1,2,3,8 and then it starts over. You drop the new track at the end of the 8 count on the one and make sure the bpm is matched up. Then it gets more complicated with key of tracks. If I spin out I use a controller or turntables. If you want to learn I'd be more than happy to teach ya more, just let me know

It's really simple to do. Be careful though because it may not be powerful enough for 7. That's why my old laptop ran like crap. Only had 2 gb of RAM which is the bare minimum for 7. I doubt they will tax it though so shouldn't be a big problem.

yeah i decided to just put XP back on it. They've never used a computer before and I just looked at the specs on it; 40GB Hard Drive, 256MB Ram, lol and to think that was top of the line when I bought it all those years ago.

btw, i should totally get your vote since i jammed to your mix today

Kid at my work today referred to the carrot cake as "carrot pie".

My jimmies were a bit rustled. :o

So, I watched 3 films today.

-Rocky Balboa
-TMNT(2014)
-Forrest Gump

I don't particularly like Mike Tyson...but i can't wait for the Mike Tyson Mysteries...

:mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk::mrk:

yeah i decided to just put XP back on it. They've never used a computer before and I just looked at the specs on it; 40GB Hard Drive, 256MB Ram, lol and to think that was top of the line when I bought it all those years ago.

btw, i should totally get your vote since i jammed to your mix today

Consider my vote cast!

Is drug laced candy a big thing to worry about now when Trick-Or-Treating? My local news is doing a lot of rundowns...how check candy..blah blah blah...maybe I don't know my community as well as I thought...LOL...

...What happened to the days of just worrying and checking candy for razors...

I've known a lot of folks in the drug game and believe me when I tell ya nobody is going to waste their drugs on kids trick or treating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"