Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 81

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the hype for a Watchmen series.. I mean, Snyder's Watchmen was perfect to me, so what's new in this one ?

I'm with you on Snyder's version (and in some aspects, i.e. the ending, I think it's better than the comic); I'm excited because of the thematic elements of the original being brought through new stories set in the same universe, and because of the people involved.

Honestly, if it was a direct adaptation like the movie, I doubt I'd be interested.

Also, Zack was involved with this at a certain point, right? Or was it a different Watchmen TV project?

I have no idea who Stargirl is but for anyone interested.

Nice ! I'm looking for a new female superhero show .
Espacially now that I have read a short review of Titans which said that the first 3 episodes were better than expected.

Fukunaga is the kind of director to get me hyped again on Bond. I actually prefer him over Reeves for Batman, but that ship has sailed.

Right now I'm totally divided between watching Mandy at home (non-so-appropriate streaming, not the greatest quality), or to watch it at the cinema, thing is they're only gonna show it at the cinema as part of the film festival, so there's only 3 showings of the movie spread through the first 2 weeks of October at different cinemas; so of course that's the most laborious (hence, less attractive) choice, but I feel like this movie should be experienced in the cinema.

Thoughts???

If you have a nice big tv with an awesome sound system, and you sit about 2 feet away from the screen, while a hot naked chick calls your name in your bald ear...maybe then...maybe you can possibly experience Mandy like it plays in the theater with a crowd, maybe.

I wanted that film to succeed because I despise what the Mcu did with the property, but really, a Venom film without Spider-Man ?
I think Sony should focus on doing Spidey animated films only. Bring something different to the table. After all, Spider-verse looks amazing. Next they could do Renew Your Yows, The death of Spider-Man etc.

If you have a nice big tv with an awesome sound system, and you sit about 2 feet away from the screen, while a hot naked chick calls your name in your bald ear...maybe then...maybe you can possibly experience Mandy like it plays in the theater with a crowd, maybe.

So cinema it is, then.

I wanted that film to succeed because I despise what the Mcu did with the property, but really, a Venom film without Spider-Man ?
I think Sony should focus on doing Spidey animated films only. Bring something different to the table. After all, Spider-verse looks amazing. Next they could do Renew Your Yows, The death of Spider-Man etc.

Dear bald sir or bald mam, may I ask what was your previous sn on here? I can't quite remember.

Fukunaga directing Bond news today, and his limited Netflix series premieres tomorrow.

MANIAC with Jonah Hill and Emma Stone are the leads. This is a divisive show it seems, but can't wait.

Mandy is never gonna be played in theaters here - we are getting ASiB in November and Green Book in February - but I loved watching it on my big TV. Even if it played here probably about 5 people would go to see it

Fukunaga is someone whose name I heard a lot but couldn't pinpoint any of his work, then I saw that he directed the whole first season of True Detective and Maniac (which I'm looking forward to) and now I must devour his filmography.

I also just started Twin Peaks (original), another one of those classics I've never got around for some reason; I've been told by many friends that David Lynch' style is something that would be totally for me, and I think I haven't seen any of his work until now, been postponing it for the longest time, after watching the pilot I can see what they meant, the sober absurdism of it takes a moment to get into, but I'm certainly looking forward to immerse myself more into it (and the rest of his work, of course).

Venom kinda bums me out because I think its good for the comic book movie genre to have off kilter, different types of movies. An R rated Venom movie in the vein of Alien/Aliens could've been really good but instead it seems they made it a very generic movie. After that "turd in the wind" trailer my hopes for the film went down the drain, so perhaps its best they just forget the whole affair.

I don't get the hype for a Watchmen series.. I mean, Snyder's Watchmen was perfect to me, so what's new in this one ?
I want a lifetime of more Batman even after TDK nailed a Batman Joker story. This applies to pretty much everything for me (as in more is better, different takes are better), except films based on specific one off events like Titanic.

Venom kinda bums me out because I think its good for the comic book movie genre to have off kilter, different types of movies. An R rated Venom movie in the vein of Alien/Aliens could've been really good but instead it seems they made it a very generic movie. After that "turd in the wind" trailer my hopes for the film went down the drain, so perhaps its best they just forget the whole affair.

Yeah man, with Hardy and Fleischer involved, I expected something very special and different and its own thing (which the genre certainly needs), but as you said, "generic" is what this is feeling like...bummer.

That first trailer for "New Mutants" also got me quite excited, the idea of really trying and doing different things with the genre, but when everything becomes more of the same, that's when the interest dies.

Prayer circle for Gugu!

Gugu and Mew.

tenor.gif

@flickchick85

he is ranting and I'm dying here :funny:

Damn. Just read a few of those tweets including the one you posted. Ha ha. He's making it like if you don't get back to him, he will get back at you. Sounds so vindictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"