Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like I missed the action. :csad:

With this kind of success for Joker it Will be interesting to see how WB movies forward with these non universe films, whether or not they choose to develop this “DC Black” label or not

With this kind of success for Joker it Will be interesting to see how WB movies forward with these non universe films, whether or not they choose to develop this “DC Black” label or not
Here's the thing though WB had all of this when they had Snyder. They still hot a good to decent box office return. Still kept the edge that Joker and the Nolan movies had. However they blew all that up because they wanted Marvel/Disney money and reviews.

Somewhere on Facebook.

72292034_2591140527647024_8536855586564734976_n.jpg

Here's the thing though WB had all of this when they had Snyder. They still hot a good to decent box office return. Still kept the edge that Joker and the Nolan movies had. However they blew all that up because they wanted Marvel/Disney money and reviews.

Everyone had assumed from the start that BvS was the start of their own cinematic universe to rival marvel, no one knew that it was supposed to be some 5 movie arc that had a definitive beginning, middle and end.

At the end of the day when you look at the bigger picture, the only movies that people really didn't respond to were the ones that had Snyder's name directly attached to them. Sure MOS and BvS had decent box office returns upon immediate release, but BvS absolutely should have done better. That was supposed to be a surefire home run. A billion for sure. The fact that WB made Snyder and co. go back to the drawing board for JL right after the 2nd week box office returns and critical reception pretty much proves that. There was really no scenario where they were keeping him around, the overall response to his stuff was mixed at the very best. And once they didn't like what they saw with his first cut of Justice League, even with the studio asking him to lighten things up, it was over.

Joker has to have been one of the most grounded and depressing things I've ever seen at times but people are responding to it. At the end of the day, it just didn't work with Zack, for whatever particular reason.

But when a studio gives you 200 million dollars to make a massive movie, as opposed to 50 mil like Joker, there really isn't much justification to letting the director make the exact movie he wants, unless its a guy like Nolan or another director who can deliver on that scale, critically and commercially.

Everyone had assumed from the start that BvS was the start of their own cinematic universe to rival marvel, no one knew that it was supposed to be some 5 movie arc that had a definitive beginning, middle and end.

At the end of the day when you look at the bigger picture, the only movies that people really didn't respond to were the ones that had Snyder's name directly attached to them. Sure MOS and BvS had decent box office returns upon immediate release, but BvS absolutely should have done better. That was supposed to be a surefire home run. A billion for sure. The fact that WB made Snyder and co. go back to the drawing board for JL right after the 2nd week box office returns and critical reception pretty much proves that. There was really no scenario where they were keeping him around, the overall response to his stuff was mixed at the very best. And once they didn't like what they saw with his first cut of Justice League, even with the studio asking him to lighten things up, it was over.

Joker has to have been one of the most grounded and depressing things I've ever seen at times but people are responding to it. At the end of the day, it just didn't work with Zack, for whatever particular reason.

But when a studio gives you 200 million dollars to make a massive movie, as opposed to 50 mil like Joker, there really isn't much justification to letting the director make the exact movie he wants, unless its a guy like Nolan or another director who can deliver on that scale, critically and commercially.
I will agree with this although the only movie people didn't really respond to was BvS. Most people like MOS expect for the ending.

From that bug girl in X-Men to Catwoman. The absolute glow-up.

Oh man, Eiza Gonzalez and Ana de Armas both read for the part too

Would’ve preferred those two but we’ll see how Kravitz does.

Good choice. Not blown away but looking forward to what she brings. Didn't think we'd be getting any news today so that's nice.

Oh man, Eiza Gonzalez and Ana de Armas both read for the part too

Would’ve preferred those two but we’ll see how Kravitz does.

I think those choices were both predictable. Reeves ain't playing that game. :p

Good for Kravitz though. She also voiced Catwoman in The Lego Batman movie.

Well if we’re gonna play that game, her name was heavily rumored as well so they were all predictable

And if they can get catwoman from the Lego batman movie, they should get Alfred too

give me Ralph Fiennes!!

I think those choices were both predictable. Reeves ain't playing that game. :p

Good for Kravitz though. She also voiced Catwoman in The Lego Batman movie.

Kravitz was easily the most predictable choice. She was the first name that was brought up once the rumors started. Ella Balinska is almost a decade younger than all of them so I think that would've excluded her in the end, but they could've picked an actual Cuban actress to play a character of Cuban descent, which is something we haven't seen with the character in live-action before.

Kravitz was easily the most predictable choice. She was the first name that was brought up once the rumors started. Ella Balinska is almost a decade younger than all of them so I think that would've excluded her in the end, but they could've picked an actual Cuban actress to play a character of Cuban descent, something we haven't seen in live-action before.

Cool.

Makes you wonder who they’ll eventually cast as Joker for the Reeves sequels down the line

can’t wait for that day to come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"