Justice League Lounge of Justice - Part 89

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost feel for whoever manages all of Sony’s social media accounts

They’re probably feeling the wrath of countless fans with almost Snyder cut levels of crazy

oh we get to call them Spider-cult now? let's find someone random on twitter who wants to start a Spider movements and magnify it by 100% and brand it as all spidey fans are like this, not MCU fans, spidey fans.

I say this with irony and scars from the last 4 years =(

anyway I was here to diss the Marvel meltdown lol, it's just a normal day for a DC fan.

I actually don't mind seeing Spidey back to Sony, I mean now we can diversify the flavor of movies again instead of all converging to one studio as now Fox is part of Disney as well. Disney probably takes a hit losing their new Avengers poster boy but they probably don't care since they might want to use Black Panther, Cap Marvel, Angelina, Pratt and Sherlock as their headliners.

Anyone know if Holland can reprise his role now or is he finished?

Either way they should seriously announce a Spider-Gwen movie starring Emma Stone in multiverse, I mean a hot star and a female character that will surely explode at the box office especially after the success of Spider-verse movie.

and starving of DC news OMG Hamada dead or something?

I think Holland is under contract so if Sony wants him back, he has to be back

Pretzels is the same

eALlpxX.jpg

One of the rare moment when being a DC fan is better than to be an MCU fan and a Spidey fan.
I don't see how this is even comparable to the cluster**** DCEU fans have been through for the better part of 3-4 years. At least MCU fans have a more or less complete decade saga. DCEU fans don't got jack ****. Oh a little contract dispute, it's the end of the world. That's cute :o

Yeah but...

MCU has lost many of it's well known and not so well known characters since it started, either because they killed them off in MCU movies like Agent Coulson, Quicksilver, Black Widow, Odin, Frigga, Warriors Three, Thanos, Iron Man and Captain America (And to think people freaked out because Snyder killed Jimmy Olsen, who was not even Jimmy Olsen as he was under-cover secret agent.) or because they cannot make solo movies due to contractual obligations (Hulk, Namor) or currently don't possess the rights to the character (Spider-Man).

To say nothing about characters Marvel completely ignored in their movies as they featured on Netfilx shows (Dare Devil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Punisher and Inhumans)

It's a mess.

Yeah but...

MCU has lost many of it's well known and not so well known characters since it started, either because they killed them off in MCU movies like Agent Coulson, Quicksilver, Black Widow, Odin, Frigga, Warriors Three, Thanos, Iron Man and Captain America (And to think people freaked out because Snyder killed Jimmy Olsen, who was not even Jimmy Olsen as he was under-cover secret agent.) or because they cannot make solo movies due to contractual obligations (Hulk, Namor) or currently don't possess the rights to the character (Spider-Man).

To say nothing about characters Marvel completely ignored in their movies as they featured on Netfilx shows (Dare Devil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Punisher and Inhumans)

It's a mess.
The obvious counterargument would be most of those got their fair due.
And then I'd obviously disagree with half of 'most'.

The obvious counterargument would be most of those got their fair due.
And then I'd obviously disagree with half of 'most'.
Depends YMMV, I wanted to see Iron Man face his arch enemy Ten Rings and Mandarin, or Thor Ragnarok to be more serious movie, and if you were a fan of Quicksilver him dying in AoU wasn't greatest of his moments. Then there are those fans who are still waiting for a another Hulk movie or to see Spidey interact with Daredevil and fantastic Four.

Yeah but...

It's a mess.

I wouldn't call it a mess. The MCU has three billion dollar franchises in Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Avengers, and proven successes in Thor, Strange, Ant-Man and Guardians. Given that track record, there's an excellent good change that Eternals, Black Widow and Shang-Chi will be hits as well.

Now add to that line up Deadpool, X-Men & Fantastic Four and Marvel Studios should be set up for at least another decade of box office dominance. At which point they will bring back Tom Holland as a cranky thirty-something Spidey mentoring the next generation of heroes.

Quicksilver couldn't outrun bullets. I would've been pretty upset if I were a fan.

Depends YMMV, I wanted to see Iron Man face his arch enemy Ten Rings and Mandarin, or Thor Ragnarok to be more serious movie, and if you were a fan of Quicksilver him dying in AoU wasn't greatest of his moments. Then there are those fans who are still waiting for a another Hulk movie or to see Spidey interact with Daredevil and fantastic Four.
I was actually referring to more than just crossovers and who else to beat up.
The characters or relationships themselves feel lacking in this world that should feel sprawling.

I wouldn't call it a mess. The MCU has three billion dollar franchises in Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Avengers, and proven successes in Thor, Strange, Ant-Man and Guardians. Given that track record, there's an excellent good change that Eternals, Black Widow and Shang-Chi will be hits as well.

Now add to that line up Deadpool, X-Men & Fantastic Four and Marvel Studios should be set up for at least another decade of box office dominance. At which point they will bring back Tom Holland as a cranky thirty-something Spidey mentoring the next generation of heroes.
Yeah, it's all good if we look at Box Office Dominance and RT scores. I used the wrong word, it's not a "mess", but they could have better utilized certain characters. I'm just stating my personal view point.

Last edited:
Quicksilver couldn't outrun bullets. I would've been pretty upset if I were a fan.

Pietro being shot down by Ultron piloting a fighter jet ranks with Cavill's CGI mouth as the worst of Whedon.

Pietro in Ultron was the most boring speedstar out of the three. what a dissapointment.

Yeah but...

It's a mess.
Except with the purchase of Fox, the MCU more or less gained an entire new universe of X-Men and F4 lore to roll into their existing, already built, universe. If the MCU was able to make B and C list characters like Black Widow and Ironman into household names and the face of Marvel, imagine what they can do with the original A-listers.

Ironman not facing his classic arch nemesis is for sure a miss step, but he got so many other epic moments in the decade that that miss step pales in comparison. And Thor's story isn't even over yet. As far as Spidey, updates indicate talks aren't entirely over yet so there's still hope, but either way, most of Marvel's character's are getting a fair shake, while at DCEU, up to today, aside from WW and Aquaman, none of their A-listers got anything substantial or well received, and some even downright hated.

I would have to agree that the situations really aren't comparable. There have definitely been missteps and stinkers (The Dark World and Age of Ultron especially), but the overall reception of most of the films and the reputation of the franchise is in a completely different place.

Pretty much every decision made with Quicksilver was baffling. I don't get why you'd introduce a new character to kill him, but then not give him anything approaching characterization to actually make the audience care when he does die.

Last edited:
Just sayin, WB. Nows a gooooddd time to release a gangbusters Birds of Prey trailer in the midst of all this marvel chaos.

Just sayin’.

Warner bros has had access to the entire DC library and has only just recently taken advantage/successfully utilized characters not named Batman or Superman, and they’ve even had struggles with the big 2 as of late.

The two situations aren’t even comparable but marvel was due to hit a roadblock at some point. However, I think they’ll come to some sort of agreement with Sony.

The true big WB win will come when they prove that they can not only string a few successful solos together like they’ve been doing, but pull off a big event film like a JL or another attempt at a Batman/Superman teamup.

The two situations aren’t even comparable but marvel was due to hit a roadblock at some point.
Can you even call this a substantial roadblock? It's literally just one A-list character while they acquire back the entire X catalog plus F4. This is literally 1 step back and 3 steps forward.

It’s about as close to a roadblock that we’ve gotten on this impressive streak that marvel has going

But yeah, not much of a roadblock at all.

Another Guardians sized hit with The Eternals or Shang-Chi and the MCU die-hards will be giving it the big ''Spider-who?!'' :funny: :p

One wonders if the internet had been around in the 80s if #releasethedonnercut would’ve been a thing after Superman II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"