Lounge of Justice - Part 90

Where is SkullDevil and who is this newbie called Arachnerd ? :o
He got so tired of waiting for WB to be competent at their job and advertise Godzilla vs Kong that he cryogenically froze himself until a trailer for it would be released. Unfortunately the pod malfunctioned and he went the way of James Franco in Alien Covenant. :o

On a serious note, I've been wanting to change my username for a while since I've grown to like it less and less over the years. It's one thing when you have it at 13, but when you're 26 years old, it seems like I'm a wannabe edgy dude lol

He got so tired of waiting for WB to be competent at their job and advertise Godzilla vs Kong that he cryogenically froze himself until a trailer for it would be released. Unfortunately the pod malfunctioned and he went the way of James Franco in Alien Covenant. :o
R.I.P, :csad:

On a serious note, I've been wanting to change my username for a while since I've grown to like it less and less over the years. It's one thing when you have it at 13, but when you're 26 years old, it seems like I'm a wannabe edgy dude lol
You were half of 26 10 years ago? :oldrazz:

“Hi Ben, it’s your old pal Toby Emmerich! You have any time to discuss a potential Batman project for HBO Ma- *click*

“Ben— are you there Ben? Is this thing on?”
As I said before while HBO Max will have more variety than Disney if they want to compete on the superhero front bring all their heroes to HBO Max and reboot a shared DCEU there. I still think they could do great things using MBJ as Calvin Ellis and starting from there and just give the heroes their own series and use JL for the movies.

“Hi Ben, it’s your old pal Toby Emmerich! You have any time to discuss a potential Batman project for HBO Ma- *click*

“Ben— are you there Ben? Is this thing on?”
I fear this is exactly how it will play out. :oldrazz:

While many fans are hopeful about Ben Affleck - Batman series happening on HBO Max, I personally don't see Affleck getting himself into it.

Just watched the new Mandalorian episode and it would have been hilarious and awesome if Bill Burr's character was one of these new spin-off shows. Just runnin around the galaxy with his boston attitude blowin troopers away.

Judd Apatow on Warner Bros. HBO Max Decision: Stunning Disrespect - Variety

One question Apatow raised was about compensation, which he said he and Universal worked out before “The King of Staten Island” went to PVOD. But switching movies that were meant for theatrical distribution to a streaming service is different, Apatow said.

“It creates a financial nightmare, because most people are paid residuals — they’re paid back-end points,” Apatow said. “What they get out of it for years and years of hard work is usually based on the success of their films. And so now what does it mean to have a movie go straight to streaming? How do they decide what to pay you? Do you even have a contract that allows you to negotiate, or is it really just up to them at this point? It raises thousands of questions, which I’m sure are very complicated.”

I appreciate Apatow getting straight to the point and not going on about the sanctity of the theatrical experience or whatever. But he's still being disingenuous here saying that "most people are paid residuals". No, big directors and stars are. The people working on a movie who really need that money get jack ****.

Judd Apatow on Warner Bros. HBO Max Decision: Stunning Disrespect - Variety

I appreciate Apatow getting straight to the point and not going on about the sanctity of the theatrical experience or whatever. But he's still being disingenuous here saying that "most people are paid residuals". No, big directors and stars are. The people working on a movie who really need that money get jack ****.
Yeah, the film crew (for example crew doing the technical work) don't get back-end deals (percentage of Box Office collections), they get a per-determined amount, to them it doesn't matter whether the Studio releases the movie in Theaters, direct to DVD / Streaming or on VoD.

miss going to concerts.
when we've beaten back this pandemic and dust settled, must go to one again.

Reactions: MbJ

If their inside source is to be believed then it is, in fact, Toby Emmerich who concocted this whole idea of sending the WB slate directly to Max for personal gain.

Last edited:
I have a very hard time believing Jason Kilar wasn't heavily involved when his tech background got him in charge in the first place.

Christopher Nolan Rips HBO Max as "Worst Streaming Service," Denounces Warner Bros.' Plan | Hollywood Reporter

Surprisingly to some in the industry, sources say the idea was the brainchild of Warner Bros. COO Carolyn Blackwood who, looking at a relatively weak 2021 slate, saw an opportunity to avoid the humiliation of potentially bad grosses while currying favor with streamer-obsessed higher-ups.

The Campea source also mentioned her (along with Emmerich). So seems like it's true.

Smh. The theatrical experience is better, of course! But it’s just not feasible. They will lose more money on the whole if they postpone these movies another year, imo. It’s a win for Warner’s because more people will sign up for hbo max. And people that love the theater experience WILL STILL GO TO THE THEATER!

Smh. The theatrical experience is better, of course! But it’s just not feasible. They will lose more money on the whole if they postpone these movies another year, imo. It’s a win for Warner’s because more people will sign up for hbo max. And people that love the theater experience WILL STILL GO TO THE THEATER!

Funny how all these filmmakers and actors are going on about how the theatrical experience is still the preferred option but are then super worried that an added streaming option will kill theaters. Shows they don't even believe what they're saying regarding the importance of the theatrical experience to audiences.

surely those self absorbed ace holes will realize why theaters aren't opening.

Like Solo, I really don't wanna see any of Luke's adventures without Hamill playing him.
This is one of the many reasons why an ezio like trilogy of games with Luke played by Hamill is on the top of my wish list.

Will be interesting to see which (potential) blockbuster will be released first in theaters. Right now we have Ghostbusters on March 5, Morbius on March 19, Bond on April 2 and Black Widow on May 7. Sony has already said that they won't be releasing any of their big movies while the pandemic is still going on (sorry but not nearly enough people will be vaccinated by March) so the first two will likely move. And it's been reported that MGM is also hesitant about using Bond as the guinea pig. So if Disney sticks to their guns then Black Widow is the first one out of the gate.

when a mans just wants to get his money while tryin to look righteous.

You know, just sayin’, wouldnt be a bad idea to put together a teaser sizzle roll for next week showing footage of some of the stuff coming on Max. New Snyder cut trailer, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat etc.

You know, just sayin’, wouldnt be a bad idea to put together a teaser sizzle roll for next week showing footage of some of the stuff coming on Max. New Snyder cut trailer, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat etc.

If they're having second thoughts about their plan due to all the industry backlash then they might want to hold off on promoting any of the movies they moved to Max. If they start the promotional campaign and then cancel their max plan that's just going to piss off subscribers (even more) which I'm sure they don't want to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"