Lounge of Justice - Part 90

This looks like Man Of Steel.
They’re even using the same colour palette:

Trailer 2 is the best trailer I’ve ever watched.

I remember being so hyped for MOS after that trailer.

This new series looks promising and I'm already feeling the humanity and hope that I expect from Superman.

woah, I was looking forward to Superman & Lois......... but that trailer..... that hit all the right spots.'

the production looks very high quality, hope it stays that way as others have said. I am officially excited.

Ehh kinda run of the mill. And that music makes the movie feel way more angelic and hopeful than it actually was.
you think that trailer was run of the mill? I'll admit I wasn't totally thrilled with the end product myself, but that trailer set such high expectations because it was so damn good.

I'm reading that Superman & Lois used the same visual effects team employed by shows like the Marvel Disney+ stuff and Witcher. They're also working on HBO MAX stuff as well, so at least it'll be great, visually speaking.

AT&T pumping money into DC properties is the smartest thing they can do.

This looks like Man Of Steel.
They’re even using the same colour palette:

Trailer 2 is the best trailer I’ve ever watched.

The MoS trailer was so good that it prepped me for a 9/10 film. In the end I got a 7, still good but with weaknesses.

Report: Christopher Nolan Unlikely To Work With WB Again After HBO Max Announcement

So

1) Nolan forces WB to put out Tenet during a pandemic to save cinemas because he thinks people will come for his movie

2) it has the opposite effect, theaters suffer because they have to be open with low attendance

3) Tenet demonstrates to WB that releasing movies in theaters is currently not an option. WB puts their 2021 slate on HBO Max.

4) Nolan gets mad, walks from WB.

I'm sorry but Nolan is a *****e.

Trying to make the most of my Criterion subscription before it runs out next month. Watching Throne of Blood, which I thought I had seen as I believed it to be Kurosawa's take on King Lear, only to discover, hey, I haven't seen this, and uh, this is Macbeth. :funny:

And yes, I realize now the one I've seen was Ran. :O

Report: Christopher Nolan Unlikely To Work With WB Again After HBO Max Announcement

So

1) Nolan forces WB to put out Tenet during a pandemic to save cinemas because he thinks people will come for his movie

2) it has the opposite effect, theaters suffer because they have to be open with low attendance

3) Tenet demonstrates to WB that releasing movies in theaters is currently not an option. WB puts their 2021 slate on HBO Max.

4) Nolan gets mad, walks from WB.

I'm sorry but Nolan is a *****e.

I think it has more to do with how WB handled the announcement and less about his own personal film.

Hasn't Nolan pretty much confirmed in an interview that it was WB's decision to release the movie in summer, not his and that it was out of his hands?

Why is this still such a popular misconception unless to drive a pointless Nolan hate rhetoric?

Hasn't Nolan pretty much confirmed in an interview that it was WB's decision to release the movie in summer, not his and that it was out of his hands?

Why is this still such a popular misconception unless to drive a pointless Nolan hate rhetoric?

To be fair, Nolan says that but im sure behind the scenes he was pressuring the suits to release it and the WB suits have typically always caved into Nolan’s demands to make him happy. Yes, if they REALLY didnt want to release Tenet they would not have but im sure they wanted to keep Nolan happy at the time.

you think that trailer was run of the mill? I'll admit I wasn't totally thrilled with the end product myself, but that trailer set such high expectations because it was so damn good.
Comic con music was better. But I remember other trailers working for me more. The Zimmer stuff >

I think the CW just go all in and cast their own Batman and Wonder Woman and have them appear on this show eventually.

If it were me, I would do the opposite of Marvel by building up DC universe/characters properly on the small screens and make event movies from those shows.

The only caveat being the shows not sucking. :o

Lol screw Nolan. I love his films, but dude is super smug.

I think he let his own success get to his head and TENET’s failure hurt his ego in a big way.

Last edited:
To be fair, Nolan says that but im sure behind the scenes he was pressuring the suits to release it and the WB suits have typically always caved into Nolan’s demands to make him happy. Yes, if they REALLY didnt want to release Tenet they would not have but im sure they wanted to keep Nolan happy at the time.
You might be underestimating the power of the suits in Hollywood. Nolan is speaking out now, but he’s always played nice with Warner. WB gave him his shot by handing him a remake with Pacino and Robin Williams on a silver platter. Nolan most likely didn’t get final cut on that one. He played nice because this was his first studio break. He also had to play ball on a few big things regarding Batman Begins. Since the Dark Knight he can make anything he wants over there at pretty much any cost as long as he obeys that rating system or any complaints they may have (I doubt he fought too hard when they asked to edit around Foley’s death in TDKR or do ADR for a good chunk of Bane’s lines after complaints).

Nolan makes sure he’s on time, slightly under budget, and Chris always says the studio approved theatrical cuts are THE final cuts of his films. He’s more of a stooge than you guys think. Why? Because he wants to keep making 200-250 million dollar blockbusters that audiences can watch on the largest IMAX screens possible. You need a big, open minded studio to do that. But now his name is so huge that he probably figures Sony or whoever will run to him with gift baskets, and he’s probably right. BUT he usually does play ball simply because he’s aware of what he’d lose in the process. He’s talked about not being too interested in making Memento sized movies anymore. Nolan is not Tarantino (who will literally tell the suits to go **** themselves if they don’t do what he wants). Quentin will literally quit making movies to become a writer if he doesn’t get his way :funny: he doesn’t give a ****. Nolan wants to keep making movies forever and at obscenely high budgets. It’s why his movies are so full of exposition, because he always has the general audience in mind. He may want to challenge us, but he wants to please us too, and you can only do that if you become somewhat of a slave to that system.

Snyder is more of a rebel and I think he knows that Netflix and smaller budgets will work for him in the long run. He’ll adapt just fine. Nolan craves that old Warner Brothers treatment so no...i doubt he forced them to release Tenet at that time. He did what they wanted and it bombed. Now he knows what he’s worth and he’s willing to take a risk because he knows 5 studios will offer him a deal. Don’t be surprised if he happily makes a PG Star Wars movie in the next 5 years.

Last edited:
If it were me, I would do the opposite of Marvel by building up DC universe/characters properly on the small screens and make event movies from those shows.

The only caveat being the shows not sucking. :o
I think they should do that for sure, but it doesn’t at all feel like the opposite of Marvel. The opposite would be doing the team film first and then moving on to solo films from that, which is a bit like what they tried with Justice League. Using the time allowed in shows to help build background and character for event films is something I think will work well and I think DC, Marvel and Star Wars all should and likely will do this.

More movie delays:

No Time to Die from April 2 to October 8
Morbius from October 8 to January 21, 2022
Ghostbusters Afterflife from June 11 to November 11
Uncharted from July 16 to February 11, 2022

If WB won't reach a deal with Legendary/Villeneuve and Dune remains a theatrical-only release then Dune will definitely be moved from its October 1 release date to avoid competition with No Time to Die.

Because the NYT said this:

The big studios are eager to begin releasing movies again, but none are particularly thrilled by the idea of going first. In recent weeks, Warner, concerned about its “Tenet” investment, was leaning in favor of postponement, while Mr. Nolan, a fervent advocate for preserving the moviegoing experience, was more eager to press ahead. The discussions amounted to a fraught moment for Warner: Mr. Nolan is a proven moneymaker, and the studio wants to keep him happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"