Lounge of Justice - Part 90

Discussion in 'Justice League' started by flickchick85, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Anymore ZSJL disrespect from you and I'll see it that you end up selling used panties in fleamarkets, booth next to that 'Mambo No.5 guy'. You got it?

[​IMG]

Da-Scribe and I Am The Knight like this.
  2. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

I bet Lou Bega has more money than we do ;)

But beyond that:

[​IMG]

I swear by the good name of Drunk Martha that I will speak the truth and no one shall silence me! :o:o:o:ali:

I Am The Knight likes this.
  3. Detective Conan Registered

4. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Bald Lord: Go forth and multiply

Nick Cannon: I got you.

5. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Eurotrip

A much needed rewatch.

This is a classic.

Scottie doesn't know!!!

heatvision38 and dhandler01 like this.
  6. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

[​IMG]

7. Micromind Registered

8. Dr. From parts unknown

I’ll give my answer to your question.

I found it interesting that Superman’s extended/strategic absence from ZSJL actually seemed to enhance his status as both an idealization and apex superhero. Had Supes been around from the start, he would (obviously) have gotten more screentime. But I suspect he’d also be more “homogenous” — just one champion within a group of similar champions.

Back when I read comics (back in the Paleolithic era), it seemed to me that Superman often got short shrift when he was part of various team-up stories. Understandable, I suppose, in purely narrative terms. The nature of an ensemble means that members of the team are co-equals, and not supporting characters to a central protagonist. Consequently, Supes (by one pretext or another) was often devalued, depowered, demoted or deemphasised — so as to give the other characters a chance to shine and demonstrate their value. Good for those other characters; but not as engaging for the Superman fan.

I do think that Supes in the JL is a bit of conundrum (or, at least, a challenge). According to the in-universe logic, someone as powerful as Superman should always be a pivotal figure and dominate most of the action. But that would negate the point of the team, the ensemble. The solution that ZSJL opted for was to withhold Superman for much of the story and then “play the ace” at the opportune moment. In this way, both Supes’ legendary status and the in-universe logic are preserved. The downside is limited screentime. And yet, as a Superman fan, I found this “compromise” to be (surprisingly) satisfying.

9. obredaan Registered

I might go along with this but the movie also features Wonder Woman who is every bit as powerful as Superman in this universe.

Tyler77 likes this.
  10. Da-Scribe he/him

[​IMG]

Rodimus, MbJ and heatvision38 like this.
  11. Predator jp blast from the past

12. chintai80 oh hi.

i found this scene hilarious how they both kept head-butting each other.
    when ww headbutts superman, the look on cavill's face is that he's just slightly annoyed by it :funny:
    like someone accidentally kicked a ball at his head in the playground.

I Am The Knight, MbJ and Da-Scribe like this.
  13. MbJ Registered

"Kal-El, no!"

Rodimus, Da-Scribe and chintai80 like this.
  14. Detective Conan Registered

This is pretty much where I fall on the Snyder Cut as well. I do like the fact that it exists but this just isn’t the ideal Justice League film and writing/storytelling just isn’t there. Whedon can go **** himself, but aside from the final battle(which is vastly improved) and the Cyborg stuff I didn’t think the Snyder Cut was significant improvement over the theatrical. In fact, and this is a hot take, I do think theatrical cut had better writing/characterization overall. I still maintain that it was a major mistake by Zack to kill off Superman in BvS and let Batman be the one to form the Justice League. Not only are we robbed of a lot Superman screentime, but the first ever Justice League film should’ve had Superman develop bonds and relationships with the other league members. It’s still baffling to me that Superman doesn’t have a single interaction with any of the league members in the Snyder Cut. While I still think the Snyder cut is a better movie overall than Whedon’s cut it really feels like it’s damning it feint praise.

Which is why I don’t care about seeing the Snyder-Verse restored and I’m glad their moving on. I want a Justice League movie with a new creative team at the helm. I will always like BvS and MOS, but Snyder isn’t the best person to tell these stories and the Snyder Cut very firmly reinforced this belief. That being said, I’m happy that Zack got closure and now he seems to be going through a bit renaissance critically as his cut of JL and Army Of The Dead(which I thought was awful btw) both released in the same year with some of the best reviews of his career. So that’s good.

Tyler77 and dhandler01 like this.
  15. MbJ Registered

Yo, Sony bought Bungie?!

16. Detective Conan Registered

17. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Gunn’s responses to members of ΩAnon have been top notch. Kill them with kindness.

dhandler01 likes this.
  18. Da-Scribe he/him

Peacemaker is a blast. But haters gonna hate.

Chip Chipperson likes this.
  19. The Shape In the shadows

[​IMG]

20. MbJ Registered

For the life of me, I can't grasp arguing for like 6 years that the DCEU's big advantage over Marvel is its willingness to entertain multiple tones and ratings, but then getting super angry whenever anyone makes a DC movie that's not exactly in the same tone or style as the ones I like.

I can totally understand not liking the newer crop of movies or not wanting to see them. Differing tastes and all. But some of these folks seem to absolutely despise the mere fact that more whimsical and comedic DC movies exist at all, despite the source material having a huge number of stories in that vein (just like it also has darker and more serious ones as well).

21. chintai80 oh hi.

they only want dc films from snyder.
    if not, then waaaaah waaaaah.

22. chintai80 oh hi.

23. dhandler01 I'm a dick vampire aren't I?!

Take away all logic and reason...then you will fathom it.

24. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Props to Asap Rocky. That club is worth bills.

Da-Scribe likes this.
  25. Joined:
    May 2, 2012
    Damn.

To my breh @krypton inc

[​IMG]

Spider-Aziz and 3rdstone like this.