Lounge of Justice - Part 90

Just waiting to see how Peacemaker includes some of the cast from Ayer's Suicide Squad in final two episodes.

Something I loved about ZSJL is Superman's role, it showed in a beautiful way that he inspires others to do better, that he saves people not just physically, but spiritually. He left a legacy in the hearts of those who witnessed his compassion and self-sacrifice. ZSJL is a film which depicts Superman as a beacon of hope, drawing in those who might otherwise have been lost.
A couple of recent comics DC put out, Adventures of Superman and Superman: Red and Blue had three or four stories each issue. Usually every month at least one story would be focused on someone other than Superman who was inspired by him. That's what ZSJL is.

Cyborg's story is magnificent, and it is also a parallel of Superman's story in MOS.
At first he is hiding from the world, afraid to reveal himself, yet he cannot resist the urge to use his powers to help those in need.
We see him learning to fly, shakily at first, but then bursting into the air with a smile.
His has a argument with his father, who dies before they have a chance to properly reconcile.
Victors dreamscape conversation with the Mother Box is reminiscent of the dreamscape conversation Clark had with Zod, both are asked join the villain, to reject the world that rejects them.
It is the two of them together that finally separate the boxes, they stand facing each other, mirroring each other. Victor is a successor to Clark, an new hero following in his footsteps.

ZSJL is a film which focuses on Superman as an inspirational figure, as a role model. It shows that trying to live up to his example makes us better people. Because ultimately he can't fight our battles for us, he can't fly off the page to help those in need, but he can give us the courage to fight our own battles and remind us we to help those in need. It it the fulfilment of his "S" being a symbol of hope.
Basically it's this:
moon.jpg

I found Superman in ZSJL to be a prop...he didn't even rise to the level of Deus Ex Machina he was just kind of there as a stupid plot device to form the Justice League under Batman's design. Superman is there to redeem Batman not to inspire or help. The film is an insult to Superman's legacy within the universe and the Justice League as a whole.

Honestly, they should have left him dead. Let Wonder Woman take the lead she was the only real character besides Cyborg in the film anyways.

He did the villains plan from an episode of the Tick cartoon. Chairface Chip 'n Dale will be jealous.

omg. classic episode of a classic series.
loved watching this show back then.
had my brother and i rolling on the floor laughing.

omg. classic episode of a classic series.
loved watching this show back then.
had my brother and i rolling on the floor laughing.
I should attempt to watch it, looks like it's a good comic book animated series from the 90s that is not attached to DC, or TinTin.

I should attempt to watch it, looks like it's a good comic book animated series from the 90s that is not attached to DC, or TinTin.

definitely check it out.
it's the best parody of superheroes ever, imo.

they have a version of the punisher in it and it is hilarious.

also their parody of batman too, die fledermaus...who is everything that batman is not. :funny:

they have a version of the punisher in it and it is hilarious.

tumblr_ovlu4tvBfP1tbealgo3_640.gifv

I loved it when he cried. :funny:

Unfortunately for him, the Batman script that Warner Bros. was pulse-calling him about wasn’t the take he envisioned. The script they sent over Ben Affleck had written for himself to star in, a film he originally intended to direct before deciding to step back.

“I read a script that they had that was a totally valid take on the movie. It was very action driven. It was very deeply connected to the DCEU, with other major characters from other movies and other comics popping up. I just knew that when I read it this particular script was not the way I’d want to do it,” Reeves explains.

I still hope very much one day this is leaked. I really want to read it.

Gotta say, I’m really enjoying Pennyworth after all the trash I talked about it a few years back. I may not have needed an Alfred prequel show, but I would like to see more of it.

Gotta say, I’m really enjoying Pennyworth after all the trash I talked about it a few years back. I may not have needed an Alfred prequel show, but I would like to see more of it.
I enjoyed the first season quite a bit, but the problem was Alfred was the character I was least-interested in. I was all about the Waynes.

I barely remember S2 at all though, tbh.

Yeah I’m about halfway through the first season. I like Alfred, but yeah, Thomas and Martha are quickly taking over my main interest

I found Superman in ZSJL to be a prop...he didn't even rise to the level of Deus Ex Machina he was just kind of there as a stupid plot device to form the Justice League under Batman's design. Superman is there to redeem Batman not to inspire or help. The film is an insult to Superman's legacy within the universe and the Justice League as a whole.

Honestly, they should have left him dead. Let Wonder Woman take the lead she was the only real character besides Cyborg in the film anyways.

Outside of MOS, Snyders Superman does feel like a prop yeah.
I would even argue MOS uses Superman as a prop for how Snyder looks at the world, superheroes etc.
But ZSJL Superman is definitly nothing more than a plot device and how any Superman fan can be pleased with what Snyder did in this, is beyond me.
Im not even a Superman fan and im pissed at how he treats the character.
Weird Lip Whedon Superman is more of a character than what Snyder did 90% of the time with him...and thats messed up.

Would love to see the script.
Its one of those cases where i would love to be in WBs Vault, there are so many scripts in there that i would like to get my hands on just for curiousity sake.

Yeah if there’s ever a script that needs to see the light of day, it’s that one.
Yeah I was mostly curious how they’d handle the Batfamily and the Arkham sequences. Wasn’t super excited about Deathstroke as the villain, just do Bane if you want to do Bane. It sounded like it was basically Knightfall with Deathstroke.

Good on Reeves for realizing the original take wasn't something he vibed with and pushing for the control to do his own take. It takes guts to play hardball with the studio like that.

He was in a solid position...they wanted him and he didn't need them. His career was on the upswing. He was in the best position and everyone knew it. That is why he walked away once he knew they would come back to him cause he was their choice.

Get an Ezra Miller Flash vs the KKK sequel movie in the works, stat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"