The Winter Soldier Love Interest for Captain America II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with Cap and Widow in the MCU. Of course, with Whedon around that means one of them would have to die. :(

Like I said in the other thread, I see no realistic prospect it's anyone other than Sharon. The mere fact that the first movie used Peggy indicates that, since Peggy only exists in the comics as a lead-in to Sharon, and the heavily revamped version of Peggy that the first movie used is a better match for a couple of Steve's other love interests otherwise.

On top of that, the people making the movies talk up Ed Brubaker's comics endlessly, and the second movie is based on the "Winter Soldier" story that Brubaker wrote, and Sharon is heavily featured in Brubaker's comics.

Like I said in the other thread, I see no realistic prospect it's anyone other than Sharon. The mere fact that the first movie used Peggy indicates that, since Peggy only exists in the comics as a lead-in to Sharon, and the heavily revamped version of Peggy that the first movie used is a better match for a couple of Steve's other love interests otherwise.

On top of that, the people making the movies talk up Ed Brubaker's comics endlessly, and the second movie is based on the "Winter Soldier" story that Brubaker wrote, and Sharon is heavily featured in Brubaker's comics.

Yeah, the handful of people in this thread who are anti-Sharon are (thankfully) a very small minority, even indicated in the poll results. The podcast that leaked all the MCU info earlier this month (so far, pretty accurately) confirmed Sharon Carter, too.

There's absolutely no reason to think an integral character to Cap's modern story arc (i.e., Sharon Carter and Falcon) would be left out. Especially Cap's version of Lois Lane/ Jane Foster/ Betty Ross.

I've been thinking about it, and I think Natasha and Sharon for CA2. With the revelation of the title, I'm all in on Natasha playing a significant role in the movie. I think it'd be too soon for Steve to come out of his thing with Peggy and go into something with Sharon in only one movie. No matter what goes on, there's a creepy factor there that has to be overcome. Having Natasha around provides room to build off their interaction in The Avengers, and give a potential triangle dynamic with Bucky. My thought is that Bucky's been active since before the events of the movies, and Natasha already has some history with him.

Ultimately, I'd say have Steve not look at Sharon romantically, but it be obvious they have something. I'd say let the relationship with him and Natasha develop. Obviously, it's just not meant to be, and it doesn't ever go beyond a lot of tension and maybe even a kiss or two. I'd like to see his affection for Sharon continue to build through Avengers 2 and become a full-blown romance in CA3.

The only Cap Black Widow should be with is Bucky-Cap!!

I've been thinking about it, and I think Natasha and Sharon for CA2. With the revelation of the title, I'm all in on Natasha playing a significant role in the movie.

I agree, I hope both are in the movie, especially as we now know about WS and SHIELD are supposed to be quite heavily involved.

Reading this kind of makes me want to see Bucky-Cap as the reason Black Widow and Hawkeye were in Budapest.
I kind of suggested this earlier about the Budapest incident with Hawkeye and BW. Maybe bring in one or the other and make it be that the incident in Budapest somehow involved WS.

I kind of suggested this earlier about the Budapest incident with Hawkeye and BW. Maybe bring in one or the other and make it be that the incident in Budapest somehow involved WS.
Sounds good to me.

Hear this Marvel Studios? We already got part of the plot for your reference. :oldrazz:

I believe Cap and Black Widow toyed with the idea of romance in the early-mid 90s for a brief time. I know Cap also had a fling with Scarlet Witch.

Well, that depends on what a fling is, certainly. With Natasha and Steve (and possibly a lot of women and Steve) it was a brief crush, unless there's something I'm missing.

I'd be fine with Cap and Widow in the MCU. Of course, with Whedon around that means one of them would have to die. :(

The fun thing about this is that if people are interested on what a on screen pairing between CA and BW would look like visually...here's only a small example of it.lol

2007_the_nanny_diaries_013.jpg

01949.jpg

Ironic on how that story takes place in New York as well.lol

Reading this kind of makes me want to see Bucky-Cap as the reason Black Widow and Hawkeye were in Budapest.

Waitaminnit....are you suggesting Bucky would've donned the Cap uniform sometime pre-Capsicle Thaw.....? Doesn't make any sense....as far as the world (including Bucky, including Fury, including EVERYBODY) knew, Captain America died in 1945. It was a sheer accident that SHIELD discovered his body in the ice in 2010.

So how could Bucky have been Cap any time prior to 2010? Without the shield and uniform and all. And why would Bucky have even donned it? He's been mindwiped, and remembers nothing about Cap.

Waitaminnit....are you suggesting Bucky would've donned the Cap uniform sometime pre-Capsicle Thaw.....? Doesn't make any sense....as far as the world (including Bucky, including Fury, including EVERYBODY) knew, Captain America died in 1945. It was a sheer accident that SHIELD discovered his body in the ice in 2010.

So how could Bucky have been Cap any time prior to 2010? Without the shield and uniform and all. And why would Bucky have even donned it? He's been mindwiped, and remembers nothing about Cap.
I didn't say anyhing about Bucky being Cap before Steve, and I also didn't mention any timeframe.
Maybe Bucky was found in Moscow before Cap was found and became Winter Soldier, had a mission as WS in Budapest where Black Widow and Hawkeye got on assignment. I leave the full on story details for the script writers. :o

So I've been watching Community, trying to muster some enthusiasm about the Russos and you know what? Allison Brie could pull off Bernie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"