The Dark Knight Lucas wants Dent...

I would imagine WB is the "someone inside WB who wants Lucas". I could see it. A much better actor as Dent, that is. If you can't see a difference between Schreiber and Lucas in terms of their performances, you're probably not qualified to judge such things.

there is a difference it is just not worth getting into, because it won't matter and it won't sway you, and in all honesty the differences the plus and minus' will probobly end up giving them about an equal acting grade(if that is how i would judge them) so they would end up about the same as far as skill, and that is what i ment by there isn't a difference...

like the most obvious one

Schriber is dry, but at least he dosen't have that slack jaw accent

Lucas is livley on screen and interacts well, but he is to slow to show anger

L0ngsh0t said:
there is a difference it is just not worth getting into, because it won't matter and it won't sway you, and in all honesty the differences the plus and minus' will probobly end up giving them about an equal acting grade(if that is how i would judge them) so they would end up about the same as far as skill, and that is what i ment by there isn't a difference...

Do enlighten us.

like the most obvious one

Schriber is dry, but at least he dosen't have that slack jaw accent

Everybody's from somewhere, Major. No need for that kind of language.

Lucas is livley on screen and interacts well, but he is to slow to show anger

Slow to show anger? Good one. And is that because he's played characters who are slow to show anger, or is it because he doesn't act well? You don't sound like you know what you're talking about, Seaman.

Bale changed his voice, Oldman changed his voice, Murphy changed his voice... so why he hell can't Lucas? Just because you've never heard him do it doesn't mean he can't.

Same goes with the anger. Shushi hit that on the head..

henryv1.jpg

This thread has been raped by Liev Schreiber.

Keyser Sushi said:
Do enlighten us.

Everybody's from somewhere, Major. No need for that kind of language.

Slow to show anger? Good one. And is that because he's played characters who are slow to show anger, or is it because he doesn't act well? You don't sound like you know what you're talking about, Seaman.

back for more keyser sushi aye?

slow to anger, what that means is his character gets angry, the role calls for him to get angry, but by the time he gets there the moment is gone, that is Josh Lucas weakness, he loses the moment..sorry for my, in a hurry because i have better things to do then explain the critique of these two actors to you, that i didn't fully express what i ment...

but if it's between the two, any day of the weak

LUCAS FOR DENT DAMMIT!!

thats the directors faul then, he shouldnt accept that performance for the scene. I think nolan would make him keep trying till he got it right, he is a perfectionist

Regardless of who gets the part, what´s really cool right now is how actors badly want roles in the new Batman movies. Everybody in Hollywood seems to be begging to play either The Joker or Harvey Dent... That´s just further evidence of the potential of the franchise and how much its reputation has been restored...

i agree, whatever i'll stop *****ing about schrebier, i don't want him, but most of you do and i'll let you have that, and if he gets it, it is probobly because nolan wants him, so more power to him...go BB2, that's all i am going to say, because even schrebier couldn't make me not be completely thrilled for this movie

I dont think Lucas would be a bad choice. I mean sure he doesnt stick out as an obvious choice but I see potential for a intensity to play him.

I don't have a favorite for Dent either, but I'm not for Lucas as Harvey.

Liev Schrieber for Dent Dammit - he could be Bettany's twin, if Bettany was American and looked like that guy from the Manchurian Candidate.

Ultimatefan made a good point, I remember when we had fake working titles on the script just to get respectable names to even read it. Now we have all these actors fighting over it...........life is good. lol. And as far as acting goes, another good point was made, something I learned here at film school. There are no bad actors, only bad directors. Regardless of who gets picked, Nolan will guide them along and however they do rests on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone.

Anjow1060 said:
Ultimatefan made a good point, I remember when we had fake working titles on the script just to get respectable names to even read it. Now we have all these actors fighting over it...........life is good. lol. And as far as acting goes, another good point was made, something I learned here at film school. There are no bad actors, only bad directors. Regardless of who gets picked, Nolan will guide them along and however they do rests on his shoulders, and his shoulders alone.

What school do you go to?

Savannah College of Art and Design. The plus side to it? They have a Sequential Art (AKA Comic Books) Major. So I get to shoot the breeze with all the comic geeks as well as the film majors lol.

The "working titles" were not to get respectable names to read the scripts. They were to keep the projects relatively secret to those outside the production.

L0ngsh0t said:
back for more keyser sushi aye?

Sure.

slow to anger, what that means is his character gets angry, the role calls for him to get angry, but by the time he gets there the moment is gone, that is Josh Lucas weakness, he loses the moment..sorry for my, in a hurry because i have better things to do then explain the critique of these two actors to you, that i didn't fully express what i ment...

Yes, because you don't know what you're talking about. A director would not accept a performance that didn't meet his or her expectations for the project. In essence, he's "slow to show anger" because that's the way it was supposed to be for the character, or for the moment. If you felt it didn't work, that's your bag, not the actor's. You're like a eunuch claiming responsibility for unplanned pregnancies.

but if it's between the two, any day of the weak

No, no. Any day of the STRONG! :rolleyes:

GrammarRobin strikes again. Hey, I'm wearing ninja boots. :up:

LUCAS FOR DENT DAMMIT!!

GARY COLEMAN FOR DENT, DAMMIT!!!

dude that was so yesterday...

do you not get it though.. i like Lucas, and was trying to even the playing field to find a wea(e)kness for him, yeah i really didn't try to hard but believe me it would thrill me endlessly if he where two-face

wait...wheren't you GrammarBatman last time? or are you indeed the side-kick in the fight inbetween the lines?

L0ngsh0t said:
dude that was so yesterday...

do you not get it though.. i like Lucas, and was trying to even the playing field to find a wea(e)kness for him, yeah i really didn't try to hard but believe me it would thrill me endlessly if he where two-face

wait...wheren't you GrammarBatman last time? or are you indeed the side-kick in the fight inbetween the lines?

Ronny Shade is Grammar Batman
Keyser Sushi is Grammar Robin
StorminNorman is Grammar Harvey Dent/Two Face

ohh wow, learn something every day...i was unaware of the hierarchy(that's your department) of the Caped crusade for grammar...neat

so normin, are you more of the tragic hero/villan then? or his Two Face just your title?

L0ngsh0t said:
ohh wow, learn something every day...i was unaware of the hierarchy(that's your department) of the Caped crusade for grammar...neat

so normin, are you more of the tragic hero/villan then? or his Two Face just your title?

I protect others from bad grammar (Harvey Dent) yet I at times butcher the language horrible (Two Face). Basically I am a walking contridiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"