The Dark Knight Josh Lucas is ALMOST Christian Bales equal!!

SHF

On a Rise
Reaction score
I know there are quite a few candidate for the Harvey Dent role but recently I watched both Posiedon and Omen and got to see 2 of the most popular ones.

Im starting to like Josh Lucas more and more everytime I see him and he's really starting to become a great actor. I tried picturing who would look good standing next to Bale and I thought Lucas would be the guy.

Harvey Dent would need to be a guy who if we wanted could also play the part of Bruce Wayne.

My first choice used to be Liev but now its changed to Lucas so I think I'll be backing him for the role, who else is with me???

No, I don't agree with you I rather have Guy Pearce or Joaquin Phoenix as Dent.

Joaquin Phoenix is good actor but he doesnt have the charming looks to be Harvey Dent but I admit he'll look like a badass Two-Face. But I think he's too big of a star to be in a Batman movie.

Guy Pearce was my first choice but since he has no interest in the role I chose to look towards other actors.

Does anyone actually know who Nolan has his eyes set on for the role?

I remember reading how Bale would like to work with Lucas again and how he had a great time on the set of American Psycho. So maybe Bale will have some influence.

Is he gonna rely on a fan favourite like with Bale?

But I think amongst the fans only 2 names pop up Lucas & Schrieber!

Honestly if you have a guy like Liev Schreibier intrested in Playing Harvey Dent/Two-face, there really is no need to look elsewhere. I mean Lucas would be good yeah, but Schrebier is there so just take him!

Ok I know im getting a little carried away but here some pics:

DentDamnit.jpg

bale_lucas.jpg

I think Lucas has the charm to play him (just look at some scenes in the Hulk) but I'd rather see Pierce play him.
But since Pierce has said he's not interested in doing a comic book film (I'm pretty sure he's said this somewhere), Lucas is probably the next best thing.

Lucas seems too sleazy for Dent to me.

Just, for the hell of it, I throw this to togather, I don't know if i like the guy for the role or not, I am not liking the blond hair much, though, that can be change for the role, I guess.

ANTHONYNASTI said:
I'd much rather have Schreiber.

Me too, I don't know what happened here! I thought Schreiber was the only thing that most us Bat freaks agreed in!

The-Night said:
Me too, I don't know what happened here! I thought Schreiber was the only thing that most us Bat freaks agreed in!

They're probably just throwing names around to swell excitement. I still think Schreiber will get it in the end.

The-Night said:

Yeh we did but now alot of fans have seen him in Omen and apparently they dont thinks his acting is all that great and see him as just a b rated movie star. Some even said that if it wasnt for the fact that he looks similar to dent in Long halloween he wouldnt even be considered.

But I just think Lucas has a higher chance of nabbing the role.

1. Josh Lucas
2. Liev Schreiber
3. Guy Pierce (Not interested in comic book movies)

The-Night said:
Honestly if you have a guy like Liev Schreibier intrested in Playing Harvey Dent/Two-face, there really is no need to look elsewhere. I mean Lucas would be good yeah, but Schrebier is there so just take him!

this is a completley rediculous statement, obviously he is interested in playin dent because his career is going nowhere

completley emotionless in the omen

i don't by any means think Lucas is Paul Newmen ether, but he would be okay as dent

i think the best actor of the lot of actors who seem to be up for two face is Pheonix, so i think he would be the best

anyone know if Joaquin Phoenix is actually in the running?

has he personally said something about wanting the role or is this just another candidate from fans?

cause both Lucas and Schrebier have expressed intrest in the role of Dent!!

L0ngsh0t said:
this is a completley rediculous statement, obviously he is interested in playin dent because his career is going nowhere

completley emotionless in the omen

i don't by any means think Lucas is Paul Newmen ether, but he would be okay as dent

i think the best actor of the lot of actors who seem to be up for two face is Pheonix, so i think he would be the best

Your judging this guy on one movie? And since when has Pheonix been up for Dent? I don't think he'd do it anyway!

I cannot stand Josh Lucas.

He bugs the hell out of me, and I pray that he's never featured in the Batman films.

The-Night said:
Your judging this guy on one movie? And since when has Pheonix been up for Dent? I don't think he'd do it anyway!

which movie of schriebers do you want me to judge then? because the list is far from stellar (i am including his performences in the less then stellar category)

Scream 2-if you wish to justify his acting talents based on this movie and his performence then you do not garner the ablity to respond

Manchurian Candidate-ok, he was okay, nothing more, again, very emontionless his realizations where far from average, and they continually had to cut away from him when the focus should have been on him

Phantoms-see scream 2, he is out done by Ben Affleck in this movie

the Hurricane-okay again noting stellar, this movie it doesn't matter as much because he was the supporting character, and he supported the main characters alright

Scream 3-COTTON RETURNS! only to die, he doesn't do anything in this movie so it is un fair to judge

the Omen-again emotionless, bland, he didn't kill the movie but didn't help it ether

apparently he has some nice made for tv stuff, but again there is a reason it is made for tv and not a film

as for Pheonix, i have no clue if he is up for dent or not, but have we actually herd official stuff from the people that are making the desicions that Schreiber is? cause i don't recall anything from nolan on him

My worry with Lucas has always been that he is, simply put, an *******. Well, at least, that's who he usually plays. And, I really don't want Two-Face to be an *******; Harvey, at least.

I want to like the guy as Dent before I hate him as Two-Face, I want it to really be a sad event to see him fall into insanity and murder. I worry with Lucas Dent will never be that likable guy, and instead just is just an *******, who later becomes an evil *******.

I don't doubt the man's talent or quality as an actor, but I don't think this is the right role for him.

CConn said:
My worry with Lucas has always been that he is, simply put, an *******. Well, at least, that's who he usually plays. And, I really don't want Two-Face to be an *******; Harvey, at least.

I want to like the guy as Dent before I hate him as Two-Face, I want it to really be a sad event to see him fall into insanity and murder. I worry with Lucas Dent will never be that likable guy, and instead just is just an *******, who later becomes an evil *******.

I don't doubt the man's talent or quality as an actor, but I don't think this is the right role for him.

that is a just opinion, but i also don't think Schreiber could pull off ether liking him as dent or hatting him as dent

So you just don't think Schreiber is a good actor period? :confused:

I think Lucas is a fine actor, just not the proper type for the role, IMO.

L0ngsh0t said:
that is a just opinion, but i also don't think Schreiber could pull off ether liking him as dent or hatting him as dent

I definatley think Schreiber could pull of being a likable guy. I really liked his character in Sphere, which I saw long before I even knew there'd be a new Batman movie with a new Two-Face, and before i'd read The Long Halloween. So I think Scheiber could definatley make us like him before the transformation.

Spider-Fan83 said:
Just, for the hell of it, I throw this to togather, I don't know if i like the guy for the role or not, I am not liking the blond hair much, though, that can be change for the role, I guess.

Too comics, it should look like real acid burns.

I am in vehement opposition to this whole Josh Lucas thing.

Of course, if he gets it and proves me wrong, that'd be fine. I just don't think he would.

Ronny Shade said:
I am in vehement opposition to this whole Josh Lucas thing.

Of course, if he gets it and proves me wrong, that'd be fine. I just don't think he would.

What he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"