Lucas wants Dent...

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by The Fallen, Apr 30, 2006.

1. L0ngsh0t Registered

interesting....i like it....can i be like Grammar Riddler? arch nemisis who is tough to understand?

2. L0ngsh0t Registered

ok not really arch nemisis, but bad guy

3. Katsuro Registered

I take it Spider-Freddie is the GrammerJoker?

Can I be GrammerGordon? I wont actually correct grammer, i'll just point it out to you guys to correct for yourselves. Or is that taken?

4. StorminNorman Registered

GrammarTitles for everyone!

5. Super_Ludacris Registered

What a sad turn of events this thread has become.......

6. DV8 Band Loser

Can I be 'GrammarHugeCock'?

7. The Question Objectivism doesn't work.

I think it should be Ralph Fiennes. Watch him in Schindler's List. He's perfect.

8. Spawn187 KILL

Ralph Fiennes would be a very good choice. And the choice of a new generation.

9. Nightwing 52 Things change

Lucas spoke more about his chance of possibly being cast as Harvey, he had this to say.

Seems he's very serious about the role, probably the most serious candidate so far.

10. The-Night Registered

IDk, i think his chances are very slim especially since he's so open about wanting the role. Usallay when an actor lobbys for a role that much, they don't get it.

11. Nightwing 52 Things change

Not to mention Nolan even admitting that he didn't know Lucas was after the role. I saw Lucas on Jay Leno last night, promoting his latest film Poseidon. He may have not mentioned himself pursuing the role, but I certainly saw a slight resemblence of him as Dent there. I could easily see him playing the hotshot D.A. that Dent will be portrayed as, then totally going insane after having everything he loved taken away from him. Still, I'm a bit skeptical.

Liev Schrieber remains my personal choice, he hasn't shown that much interest like Lucas has. But he HAS on the other hand said he'd like to get the role, if given the chance. Schrieber even spoke on a live chat site, revealing that he did want to play Dent.

12. The-Night Registered

There's a very great chance that it's his role if he want's it and the fact that Liev has not been so open about wanting the role as Lucas has makes me belive Liev is up to something!

13. Boom I got nothin'

Honestly, just give it to Lucas. He's a great actor, he wants the role, and he's got the looks and energy needed to pull off Harvey Dent.

If anything, give the man an audition (For both Two-Face and The Joker). I'd orgasm if he got either one.

14. The-Night Registered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lucas? MEH

15. Boom I got nothin'

He looks like TLH Harvey Dent. So what? That's not the only interpretation of Dent out there. It's not like they have to find actors who look identical to the comics anyway.

16. Nightwing 52 Things change

Well, about one month ago it was said Schrieber is still in the running for the role. But I honestly think Lucas would make a great candidate, let alone a decent choice.

17. The-Night Registered

TLH interpretation of Dent is the best one of them all and it sure as hell helps when the actor looks something like the charecter he is portraying especially in a comic book movie (very crucial).

18. Boom I got nothin'

Very crucial?

Did Michael Caine look like Alfred?
    Did Morgan Freeman look like Lucius?
    Did Liam Neeson look like Ra's al Ghul?
    Did Bale even look like Bruce Wayne for that matter?

There may have been some similarities, but for the most part, the ONLY cast member to literally nail the comic book look was Oldman. The comic-book looks were hardly crucial to BB's success. The actors didn't need to look dead-on to their comic book counterparts because they nailed the characters personality-wise, which is much more crucial.

Lucas could nail Dent. Easily.

19. batman44 Go Speed GO

Though I do favor Liev Schrieber for the role, I would be more than happy if Lucas got it.

20. The-Night Registered

and Liev can't?

21. Boom I got nothin'

I never said he couldn't.

My point is, they're both very good actors. But from what I'm seeing, Lucas is showing much more enthusiasm toward the role than Schreiber. Personally, I'd rather have the guy that pursues the role, not the one that sits back and says, "Well, I'll take it if they ask me."

22. The-Night Registered

Hell in that case give Robin Williams the Joker role! I just think that when actor's pursue a role like Lucas is, they usally don't end up getting it, not unless they are big names that's why I'm not buying this whole Lucas as Dent thing.

23. Boom I got nothin'

Considering that it was said we're getting a younger Joker, and one that is a physical formidable match for Bale, Williams is out of the question. He may want the role, but he doesn't fit the approach that Nolan seems to be taking with the character. Not so much the case with Lucas and Schrieber when it comes to Dent.
    Since when was a "big name" important? Bale was hardly a "big name" before Batman Begins came out.

24. The-Night Registered

I totally agree with you on this one and I think you misuderstood me. I said usally actor's who pursue a role like Lucas is doing with dent, they usually don't end up for some reason. At least that's what it seems like.

25. Katsuro Registered

I could see your point, of only that weren't the main reason I want him for the role. Watch Manchurian Candidate, he's awesome in it. I really, really hope this role goes to Liev Schreiber.