Luke Cage casting call (merged)

Of the options presented, I'd go with Michael Jai White. He's seriously underrated. But Marvel would probably want someone younger.

I'd go for Idris Elba. Clean shaven Luke Cage as opposed to his helmeted, bearded role in Thor.

I'm not sure that they shouldn't just get a talented unknown like Hemsworth for Thor. The more I think about it the more I like that idea. None of the guys on this list scream "Cage" to me.

Rampage said he has met with marvel
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=41596

It is too bad he does'nt have the acting ability to back of the physical because he has the perfect look,attitude,personality and rampage is also from the streets like luke cage.
Rampage-Jackson-005.JPG

To be honest, at least Rampage Jackson has some charisma and screen presence. He'd definitely be preferable over Tyrese Gibson.

To be honest, at least Rampage Jackson has some charisma and screen presence. He'd definitely be preferable over Tyrese Gibson.

Def. now only if he could work on his acting.

Im usually against people with no real acting experience (fighters, wrestlers, singers, etc) trying to act, but honestly, I would prefer Rampage over Tyrese, Terry Crews or Michael Jai White. He did way better in the a team than I expected him to.

Im usually against people with no real acting experience (fighters, wrestlers, singers, etc) trying to act, but honestly, I would prefer Rampage over Tyrese, Terry Crews or Michael Jai White. He did way better in the a team than I expected him to.

Agreed.
Rampage would definitely bring street cred to the role.

After seeing a video of Jai White's fighting skills, I'd love to see him as Cage. Although Tyrese Gibson or even the Old Spice Guy aren't bad choices either.

The irony is that 'Page is actually a great actor, in the same respect that a pro wrestler is an actor. He's putting on a show as Rampage, that's not really what Quentin Jackson is like. I know MMA isn't that popular on these forums (I'm a huge fan, and fighter myself) but if you guys watch his old interviews and fights from the Pride days, he does the character the japanese crowd wants to see. For some reason that just doesn't translate to reading a script lol. Though as Luke Cage he'd really just have to be Rampage.

Has enyone see this Luck Cage trailer?

[YT]http://youtu.be/Sh4Se3A2Dhk[/YT]

Last edited:
I just watched "Exit Wounds" the other day and I'm now all for Michael Jai White to play cage. Him or Isiah Mustafa.

If Cage ends up being just a secondary character I wouldn't mind him being played by Rampage, he is a decent actor but I feel a really great Cage movie would need some range displayed and not just one-note badassery.

I'm not understanding how anyone is vouching for Mustafa though, he's a damned soap commercial guy, not very imposing, and has only had experience with comedies... Seems like anytime an actor shows interest in a role a lot of fans jump the bandwagon because they relate to the actor as another fan.

If Cage ends up being just a secondary character I wouldn't mind him being played by Rampage, he is a decent actor but I feel a really great Cage movie would need some range displayed and not just one-note badassery.

I'm not understanding how anyone is vouching for Mustafa though, he's a damned soap commercial guy, not very imposing, and has only had experience with comedies... Seems like anytime an actor shows interest in a role a lot of fans jump the bandwagon because they relate to the actor as another fan.

I dont see it either. But he is pushing for it hard. Even made a trailer.

And yeah if he becomes a secondary character in say an Avenger's movie I am good with that

Last edited:
Second rate fanfare, with the way Marvel Studios schedule seems to be going for the next couple of years doesn't seem like we will be getting Luke Cage in a feature film for a while, but we'll definitely get him on t.v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"